FOOTBALL TRANSFER PORTAL 2023

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
arkhou02
Surge

Again, the most important question in this entire thread, who visited this past weekend? Someone must know.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sully Burns has entered the portal.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:44 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:26 pm At Tulane, you're EXPECTED to stay on track to graduate. That's why our graduation rate is 81.8%. Even LSU is 67.8%. Compare that to Eastern Michigan at 45.9%, or Southern University, where its 31.9%. What 45.9% tells you is that the school really doesn't care if you graduate or not, and it means the teachers don't PUSH you to excel and progress. And there are some athletes that want EXACTLY THAT. To NOT be pushed academically. They just want to play.

Note: Those graduation rates are for all students, not just athletes.
LOL. There you go again proving you are talking about Tulane. Yet the phenomenon is happening at all manner of school. That tin foil hat isn't working. You're crazy. Deal with it.
Wrong again.

Here's my ACTUAL ORIGINAL POST. Not only did I not "imply" I was referring to Tulane, I clearly STATED that I was NOT referring to Tulane. Can't be much clearer than that. But of course, you're never wrong.
You always have to wonder about a player that transfers from School A to School B in January, and then transfers again after the semester. Did they enroll only to find out the classload is more than they bargained for? Not saying this about Tulane, but at most schools in general that care even a little bit about academics.
I ALSO qualified it by wondering if they just didn't bother to VET the school to see if there actually was playing time available before committing.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Then you post things like this:

Whether you want to admit it or not, schools like Stanford, Notre Dame, Cal-Berkeley and YES, EVEN Tulane have higher demands on the student. You can't tell me that its just as easy to get a degree at one of those schools as it is at Eastern Michigan, for example. Regardless of whether we match NCAA minimums for admission or not, that's not going to change how a professor teaches his/her class, and what he or she expects from her students.
And this :
At Tulane, you're EXPECTED to stay on track to graduate.

So yes you claim you weren't talking about Tukane but you clearly are. The NCCA has the APR that they put in place A good while ago. So all schools want their players to graduate. But you go to the old fall back of it's just tougher at Tulane. It's not anymore and hasn't been for a decade since they instituted the athlete friendly majors. I also explained our football players stay here all summer since Toledo was here. They are taking classes. so that during the school year they don't have to carry big loads So no it's not about academics. It's about young kids just chasing playing time. It's happening at the Tulane's and the Eastern Michigans.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:18 pm Then you post things like this:

Whether you want to admit it or not, schools like Stanford, Notre Dame, Cal-Berkeley and YES, EVEN Tulane have higher demands on the student. You can't tell me that its just as easy to get a degree at one of those schools as it is at Eastern Michigan, for example. Regardless of whether we match NCAA minimums for admission or not, that's not going to change how a professor teaches his/her class, and what he or she expects from her students.
And this :

So yes you claim you weren't talking about Tukane but you clearly are. The NCCA has the APR that they put in place A good while ago. So all schools want their players to graduate. But you go to the old fall back of it's just tougher at Tulane. It's not anymore and hasn't been for a decade since they instituted the athlete friendly majors. I also explained our football players stay here all summer since Toledo was here. They are taking classes. so that during the school year they don't have to carry big loads So no it's not about academics. It's about young kids just chasing playing time. It's happening at the Tulane's and the Eastern Michigans.
For those in the know, doesn't Tulane require some community service also be done to graduate? I do not think most schools do have this.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They get that working our football camps.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 6:11 am

And this :

For those in the know, doesn't Tulane require some community service also be done to graduate? I do not think most schools do have this.
anotha post katrina SC mandate that needs to be flushed
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
murphwave
High Tide

Every football team does community service. The ones that make bowl games do even more (they literally do stories during the broadcast of teams handing out meals etc.). This is a red herring.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

murphwave wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:58 am Every football team does community service. The ones that make bowl games do even more (they literally do stories during the broadcast of teams handing out meals etc.). This is a red herring.
doing "community service", at a bowl game, in a city that the school is not even located in, is not what I call "community service"....SC's mandate as I understand,... "community service" is required in order for a student to recieve a degree from Tulane... if this is not correct, please post what his mandate was, so I will have a better understanding of all things SC
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:30 am
murphwave wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:58 am Every football team does community service. The ones that make bowl games do even more (they literally do stories during the broadcast of teams handing out meals etc.). This is a red herring.
doing "community service", at a bowl game, in a city that the school is not even located in, is not what I call "community service"....SC's mandate as I understand,... "community service" is required in order for a student to recieve a degree from Tulane... if this is not correct, please post what his mandate was, so I will have a better understanding of all things SC
Community service "in this community" is something that has been required of every student since Katrina. I support it as most students end up doing it with schoolmates in communities that mean something to them, and seeing a positive influence. It's certainly not bad for young people to experience.
murphwave
High Tide

anEngineer wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:53 am
golfnut69 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:30 am
Community service "in this community" is something that has been required of every student since Katrina. I support it as most students end up doing it with schoolmates in communities that mean something to them, and seeing a positive influence. It's certainly not bad for young people to experience.
It's also one of the more rewarding things you can do in life. My personal experience with it, is that I get more out of it than the people I help. SC is a dirty name, but I don't think this is the right axe to grind with his tenure.
RobertM320
Green Wave

And this :

No, I clearly WASNT specifically speaking about Tulane. If you're too damn stubborn and ignorant to admit that some schools make it a lot easier to do classwork than others do, then I can't help you. My original post still stands accurate. There are SOME STUDENTS who get to a school and the classwork is more than they expected, so they transfer again. You can put in all the easy classes and all the tutoring you want, and some kids STILL WONT want to do the work. Unless you have absolute PROOF that this has NEVER happened, then we're done here.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 12:23 pm

And this :

No, I clearly WASNT specifically speaking about Tulane. If you're too damn stubborn and ignorant to admit that some schools make it a lot easier to do classwork than others do, then I can't help you. My original post still stands accurate. There are SOME STUDENTS who get to a school and the classwork is more than they expected, so they transfer again. You can put in all the easy classes and all the tutoring you want, and some kids STILL WONT want to do the work. Unless you have absolute PROOF that this has NEVER happened, then we're done here.
You clearly were . And you are too stubborn and ignorant to admit that things have changed at Tulane to benefit the athletic program academically. Like I have said we haven't lost a single player to academics in a long time because of that. As I have also pointed out the players are here year round taking classes so their class loads are low each semester. Last but not least I have pointed out that this transfer phenomenon is happening to all schools private or public. All clear points that this not about academics but just the new world of college football. So unless you have absolute proof that these particular players left Tulane due to academics we're done here. Later.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Win, you're talking APPLES and ORANGES here. I'm not saying TULANE hasn't made changes. But you can make all the changes in the world and SOME KIDS STILL wont want to DO the work. And there ARE places they can go and get away without doing the work. My comment was never about any SCHOOL, its about the INDIVIDUAL KID. What do you not get about that?

Nowhere did I say that OUR PLAYERS left due to acdemics. NOWHERE. FIND it where I specifically said TULANE PLAYERS LEFT because they couldn't handle the work. It was a GENERAL COMMENT about colleges and players IN GENERAL. Yet you keep trying to specifically TIE it to Tulane.

And I never said anything about any kid NOT BEING ABLE to handle the work. I said there are kids who DONT WANT TO handle the work.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 1:04 pm Win, you're talking APPLES and ORANGES here. I'm not saying TULANE hasn't made changes. But you can make all the changes in the world and SOME KIDS STILL wont want to DO the work. And there ARE places they can go and get away without doing the work. My comment was never about any SCHOOL, its about the INDIVIDUAL KID. What do you not get about that?

Nowhere did I say that OUR PLAYERS left due to acdemics. NOWHERE. FIND it where I specifically said TULANE PLAYERS LEFT because they couldn't handle the work. It was a GENERAL COMMENT about colleges and players IN GENERAL. Yet you keep trying to specifically TIE it to Tulane.

And I never said anything about any kid NOT BEING ABLE to handle the work. I said there are kids who DONT WANT TO handle the work.
You clearly named Tulane and named other privates as compared to state schools. As to not wanting to do the work I also pointed out the NCAA instituted the APR a good while back so all schools have to see to it that their students do the work to graduate. You want to stay living in the past but in the here and now they have to do the work everywhere or their school gets penalized. Times have changed and this is all about athletes now having the freedom to transfer an unlimited amount. So if they don't step in and start they are free and easy to leave and they are availing themselves of that.
RobertM320
Green Wave

No one's living in the past, you fool. Yes, privates IN GENERAL are more demanding of their students than state schools. That's not a secret. Do you REALLY think its just as hard to get an law degree from Eastern Michigan as it is as Notre Dame or Stanford? That's always been the case and always will be. If it wasn't, people wouldn't be paying the ridiculous amounts they pay to get into these schools. They could get the degree anywhere.

And once you wrap your head around the fact that all classes at all schools aren't EXACTLY the same, you'll understand that ITS POSSIBLE for a kid to have realized the expectations at School A are higher than they want to deal with, so they transfer to School B. Nothing to do with Tulane or their athletes specifically. But somehow you keep bringing it back to what TULANE does or doesn't do.

And again, in 95-98% of the cases, its more than likely playing time as the reason for transferring. However, you CANT prove its 100%.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:05 pm No one's living in the past, you fool. Yes, privates IN GENERAL are more demanding of their students than state schools. That's not a secret. Do you REALLY think its just as hard to get an law degree from Eastern Michigan as it is as Notre Dame or Stanford? That's always been the case and always will be. If it wasn't, people wouldn't be paying the ridiculous amounts they pay to get into these schools. They could get the degree anywhere.

And once you wrap your head around the fact that all classes at all schools aren't EXACTLY the same, you'll understand that ITS POSSIBLE for a kid to have realized the expectations at School A are higher than they want to deal with, so they transfer to School B. Nothing to do with Tulane or their athletes specifically. But somehow you keep bringing it back to what TULANE does or doesn't do.

And again, in 95-98% of the cases, its more than likely playing time as the reason for transferring. However, you CANT prove its 100%.
You poor ignorant bastard. You are living in the past. We aren't talking about going to law school. We are talking staying on track in your pursuit of an undergraduate degree. These athletes aren't taking tough courses. Tulane instituted multiple athlete friendly majors and we haven't lost a player to academics since. What changed is the ability to transfer as many times as you want and so this is happening at all types of schools whether private or public. You can't prove a single one left because of academics.
anEngineer
Riptide

In an effort to change the direction of this thread, why is it dated 2023?
greenphantom
Swell

Can we get Lindsey Scott's take?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Unfortunately a lot of these kids will end up like Lindsey and going to a different school evey year. Worse then the pro leagues.
greenphantom
Swell

Hearing we picked up LA Tech's kicker Jacob Barnes who has been very good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hope that's true. it would be good news. Thanks.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Interesting that he did punt for them early in his career in addition to his kicking. We needed someone who could punt if Karrol got hurt b/c the two we had behind him were really bad in the spring. Looks to be a good pick up.

https://latechsports.com/sports/footbal ... rnes/12186
nawlinspete
Riptide

Jacob Barnes deserves his own thread .

With successful FG percentages hovering at 80% each year we may find ourselves dissatisfied if he is successful only four out of five times on average for us .

Also , there may need to be adjustments made as he kicks with his left foot .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Greeniegb
Swell

LSU's conservative approach to Transfer Portal and NIL, retaining high school recruits are priority over building from portal, just fill the g-Kelly discussed his philosophy for how to build and maintain a roster in the NIL era. Kelly believes in recruiting high school prospects and retaining them, then adding transfers when necessary to fill holes
-Does LSU football have enough NIL money? Here's a deep dive into its approach and funds.To emphasize his point, he referenced the New England Patriots.
-The Patriots ranked last in the NFL in cash spending over the past 10 years at $1.62 billion, according to ESPN’s Roster Management System. They won three Super Bowls and played for another during that span,
-“You don’t have to spend the most to be the best,”

https://www.nola.com/sports/lsu/lsu-foo ... e96c1.html