FOOTBALL TRANSFER PORTAL 2023

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13236
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:07 pm LSU's conservative approach to Transfer Portal and NIL, retaining high school recruits are priority over building from portal, just fill the g-Kelly discussed his philosophy for how to build and maintain a roster in the NIL era. Kelly believes in recruiting high school prospects and retaining them, then adding transfers when necessary to fill holes
-Does LSU football have enough NIL money? Here's a deep dive into its approach and funds.To emphasize his point, he referenced the New England Patriots.
-The Patriots ranked last in the NFL in cash spending over the past 10 years at $1.62 billion, according to ESPN’s Roster Management System. They won three Super Bowls and played for another during that span,
“You don’t have to spend the most to be the best,”

https://www.nola.com/sports/lsu/lsu-foo ... e96c1.html
Only in Newman's mind is any of the above relevant to Tulane. We're not a State School in the SEC, nor are we an NFL Team. They have their challenges, we have ours. The similarities are entirely different, as Yogi would say.


" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide
Posts: 2933
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:51 am
Only in Newman's mind is any of the above relevant to Tulane. We're not a State School in the SEC, nor are we an NFL Team. They have their challenges, we have ours. The similarities are entirely different, as Yogi would say.
I know it's not the actual topic, but your Yogi reference reminds me that every time I am in a hotel with nice towels, I think of: The towels in that hotel were so thick, I could hardly get my suitcase closed.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13236
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

anEngineer wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:17 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:51 am
Only in Newman's mind is any of the above relevant to Tulane. We're not a State School in the SEC, nor are we an NFL Team. They have their challenges, we have ours. The similarities are entirely different, as Yogi would say.
I know it's not the actual topic, but your Yogi reference reminds me that every time I am in a hotel with nice towels, I think of: The towels in that hotel were so thick, I could hardly get my suitcase closed.
:lol: :lol:

As a golfer, and even as a caddie, I've had many a hotel towel on my bag.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 9933
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Covington, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

winwave wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:26 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:05 pm No one's living in the past, you fool. Yes, privates IN GENERAL are more demanding of their students than state schools. That's not a secret. Do you REALLY think its just as hard to get an law degree from Eastern Michigan as it is as Notre Dame or Stanford? That's always been the case and always will be. If it wasn't, people wouldn't be paying the ridiculous amounts they pay to get into these schools. They could get the degree anywhere.

And once you wrap your head around the fact that all classes at all schools aren't EXACTLY the same, you'll understand that ITS POSSIBLE for a kid to have realized the expectations at School A are higher than they want to deal with, so they transfer to School B. Nothing to do with Tulane or their athletes specifically. But somehow you keep bringing it back to what TULANE does or doesn't do.

And again, in 95-98% of the cases, its more than likely playing time as the reason for transferring. However, you CANT prove its 100%.
You poor ignorant bastard. You are living in the past. We aren't talking about going to law school. We are talking staying on track in your pursuit of an undergraduate degree. These athletes aren't taking tough courses. Tulane instituted multiple athlete friendly majors and we haven't lost a player to academics since. What changed is the ability to transfer as many times as you want and so this is happening at all types of schools whether private or public. You can't prove a single one left because of academics.
You keep referring to what Tulane has done with majors. It got NOTHING to do with Tulane or ANY OTHER school. Its got nothing to do with whether the athlete has the ABILITY to do the work. Its got to do with the ATHLETE's personal makeup. And there are ATHLETES that want nothing to do with the going to school part, so they'll find the easiest path. Doesn't matter if its basketweaving, if the kid isn't interested in working, he's going to find the school with the easiest basketweaving class.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25566
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:00 pm
winwave wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:26 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:05 pm No one's living in the past, you fool. Yes, privates IN GENERAL are more demanding of their students than state schools. That's not a secret. Do you REALLY think its just as hard to get an law degree from Eastern Michigan as it is as Notre Dame or Stanford? That's always been the case and always will be. If it wasn't, people wouldn't be paying the ridiculous amounts they pay to get into these schools. They could get the degree anywhere.

And once you wrap your head around the fact that all classes at all schools aren't EXACTLY the same, you'll understand that ITS POSSIBLE for a kid to have realized the expectations at School A are higher than they want to deal with, so they transfer to School B. Nothing to do with Tulane or their athletes specifically. But somehow you keep bringing it back to what TULANE does or doesn't do.

And again, in 95-98% of the cases, its more than likely playing time as the reason for transferring. However, you CANT prove its 100%.
You poor ignorant bastard. You are living in the past. We aren't talking about going to law school. We are talking staying on track in your pursuit of an undergraduate degree. These athletes aren't taking tough courses. Tulane instituted multiple athlete friendly majors and we haven't lost a player to academics since. What changed is the ability to transfer as many times as you want and so this is happening at all types of schools whether private or public. You can't prove a single one left because of academics.
You keep referring to what Tulane has done with majors. It got NOTHING to do with Tulane or ANY OTHER school. Its got nothing to do with whether the athlete has the ABILITY to do the work. Its got to do with the ATHLETE's personal makeup. And there are ATHLETES that want nothing to do with the going to school part, so they'll find the easiest path. Doesn't matter if its basketweaving, if the kid isn't interested in working, he's going to find the school with the easiest basketweaving class.
You are living in the past. Tulane has those easy courses. Two of our players just got graduate degrees in sports coaching. The APR and the penalties schools draw if they don't meet the required numbers means their students have to go to class. But you're stuck in the past where Tulane is just so much better and harder. it's not. Deal with it. it's been changed for a decade and it's why we haven't had a single player lost to academic issues.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13236
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Winwave, you're being naive if you don't see that some universities still give away grades, certificates, and diplomas to athletes for doing next to nothing. They offer online courses that are passed by logging in. Just wait until the next story of an NFL rookie who couldn't read his contract. I'm not saying it's the norm or that a majority of players are doing this, but it still happens.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 25566
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:02 pm Winwave, you're being naive if you don't see that some universities still give away grades, certificates, and diplomas to athletes for doing next to nothing. They offer online courses that are passed by logging in. Just wait until the next story of an NFL rookie who couldn't read his contract. I'm not saying it's the norm or that a majority of players are doing this, but it still happens.
You admit it's not widespread. Thanks for making my point.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1860
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:51 am
Greeniegb wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 2:07 pm LSU's conservative approach to Transfer Portal and NIL, retaining high school recruits are priority over building from portal, just fill the g-Kelly discussed his philosophy for how to build and maintain a roster in the NIL era. Kelly believes in recruiting high school prospects and retaining them, then adding transfers when necessary to fill holes
-Does LSU football have enough NIL money? Here's a deep dive into its approach and funds.To emphasize his point, he referenced the New England Patriots.
-The Patriots ranked last in the NFL in cash spending over the past 10 years at $1.62 billion, according to ESPN’s Roster Management System. They won three Super Bowls and played for another during that span,
“You don’t have to spend the most to be the best,”

https://www.nola.com/sports/lsu/lsu-foo ... e96c1.html
Only in Newman's mind is any of the above relevant to Tulane. We're not a State School in the SEC, nor are we an NFL Team. They have their challenges, we have ours. The similarities are entirely different, as Yogi would say.
You
f__king moron with your stupid Newman reference I have some names I can call you also, meet me face to face and call me Newman not behind your keyboard like a coward. Only keyboard cowards call someone names while they sit behind their keyboard/

https://www.elizabethbillingsley.com/po ... rd-cowards

Keyboard Cowards: These individuals sit behind their computers or mobile devices, typing away with reckless abandon. They’ll hurl insults, spread negativity, and generally act like digital bullies. But here’s the twist: put them face-to-face with the same people they’re attacking, and suddenly they’re as timid as a mouse in a lion’s den. 🦁
Perceived Power: Keyboard cowards feel powerful online. They can spew venom without fear of immediate consequences. It’s like they’ve got a superhero cape made of Wi-Fi signals. But in reality, their power is an illusion. They lack the courage to say those same things in person. 💻🔍


Face me face to face you moron if you have the courage I will make you eat your words!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13236
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:08 pm
f__king moron with your stupid Newman reference I have some names I can call you also, meet me face to face and call me Newman not behind your keyboard like a coward. Only keyboard cowards call someone names while they sit behind their keyboard/

https://www.elizabethbillingsley.com/po ... rd-cowards

Keyboard Cowards: These individuals sit behind their computers or mobile devices, typing away with reckless abandon. They’ll hurl insults, spread negativity, and generally act like digital bullies. But here’s the twist: put them face-to-face with the same people they’re attacking, and suddenly they’re as timid as a mouse in a lion’s den. 🦁
Perceived Power: Keyboard cowards feel powerful online. They can spew venom without fear of immediate consequences. It’s like they’ve got a superhero cape made of Wi-Fi signals. But in reality, their power is an illusion. They lack the courage to say those same things in person. 💻🔍

Face me face to face you moron if you have the courage I will make you eat your words!!!
Ooooh, that's some bold threat from behind the keyboard, Newman.
:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

You have cemented your Newman status. OMG, this couldn't have been written better in Hollywood.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell
Posts: 2440
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

I don’t know about the rest of you but I enjoy so much coming to this sports site and reading threats between posters.
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 2096
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

RJ Whitehead committed to UTEP today.
Greeniegb
Swell
Posts: 1860
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

greenphantom wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 3:09 pm RJ Whitehead committed to UTEP today.
UTEP over us, Sumrall must have said adios.
arkhou02
Surge
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Jai Eugene to Western Kentucky.
Dave breslin
Swell
Posts: 1786
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm
Status: Offline

Whitehead—sounds like a pimple
anEngineer
Riptide
Posts: 2933
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Jaxwave wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:10 pm I don’t know about the rest of you but I enjoy so much coming to this sports site and reading threats between posters.
:lol:
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 2096
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Colin Truett, the OL grad transfer from Chattanooga who recently visited, has committed to Baylor
Post Reply