Willie Fritz official to Houston

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Pepper
Swell

I truly believe that WF was promised things that for whatever reason the school didn't deliver. He may be going for money and better facilities, but that train stops there.

"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
puffy
Surge

I'm grateful for the foundation and culture he helped build at Tulane.

But he's yesterday's news as far as I'm concerned. He'll be dealing with the expectations from a school that's paying both him and his predecessor a combined $35M over the next 4 years, so I don't envy him.
mbissanti
Surge

Wave755 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:15 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:50 pm Did he really say we have 15 guys in the NFL and 11 of them we were their only D1 offer? Also, I hate to burst his bubble, but he's not going to be getting 5* players at Houston either.
WF's 🐂💩 about turning lowly Tulane ⭐ & ⭐⭐s into NFL players starts at the 17:19 minute mark. What a joke!
And, now at Houston he will be getting ⭐⭐⭐⭐ and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ players. 😂
We got what we needed from WF and now we move on and up
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Crazy P5 money. Slade Nagle will be making $1 million a year as OC there. 🫣
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:57 pm Crazy P5 money. Slade Nagle will be making $1 million a year as OC there. 🫣
If he were an accomplished OC, I'd say that's fair. But he's been an OC for one year, and the results were far from impressive.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

mbissanti wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:13 pm
Wave755 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:15 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:50 pm Did he really say we have 15 guys in the NFL and 11 of them we were their only D1 offer? Also, I hate to burst his bubble, but he's not going to be getting 5* players at Houston either.
WF's 🐂💩 about turning lowly Tulane ⭐ & ⭐⭐s into NFL players starts at the 17:19 minute mark. What a joke!
And, now at Houston he will be getting ⭐⭐⭐⭐ and ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ players. 😂
We got what we needed from WF and now we move on and up
+1, when WF took over from Cj, who was a great guy I liked a lot but not a head coach, our real attendance @ Yulman had to be under 3,000. Stadiums get old; winning never does. WF has left having returned us to about where we were in 1998 although Bowden/RichRod captured the interest and imagination of the local fan base for their exciting offense in a way WF never did.

Contrary to what many of our younger fans think, including Maddy Hudak, the Superdome was never our problem; Scott Cowen was. Under different leadership from Gibson Hall the Dome could have been an asset, & not a "liability" as many now argue.

Rather than returning the program to "pre-Bowden day one" for Cowen's "leadership" in 1998 for his decision to say "no" to RR in favor of OL coach Chris Scelfo, we have made a great hire and the program will now continue on its upward trajectory.

Unlike 1998, this time, the future looks bright.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:54 pm
Great Move.....clear'em out
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

And per Sumrall in the Kaare Johnson interview there's a lot of Willies staff still working, doing the right thing, and not knowing where their paychecks will come from after the bowl game. The cleanout happened as soon as he arrived, which was Sunday.

Let's stop playing victim and start being positive, that's what Coach Sumrall has done. It's over, the fox was cleaned out of the henhouse two days ago. We're still going to lose players to UH and elsewhere, that happens with a coaching change. Players are leaving UH as well.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbissanti
Surge

More evidence that Harris & Sumrall are doing the right things
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
Pepper
Swell

I love this coach. I would love to see us play Houston.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:42 pm I love this coach. I would love to see us play Houston.
We should make that happen.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
capwave
High Tide

Tulane's roster has removed Shiel Wood, Dereck Sherman and Josh Christian Young. Interesting thing is that Gerald Chatman is still there.
OUG
Riptide

Sumrall is incredibly impressive in how he has handled this situation. He’s showed a lot of strength, transparency, character. He has a very strong sense of who he is and what energy he wants to put out into the world. And he highly values people and relationships.
Dave breslin
Swell

One of the “coaches “ that I’ve think that’s been instrumental in our wins is our strength coach Hester. Any word on his situation. Hope he stays. Sumrall must know about his achievements with this team
capwave
High Tide

Dave breslin wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:05 pm One of the “coaches “ that I’ve think that’s been instrumental in our wins is our strength coach Hester. Any word on his situation. Hope he stays. Sumrall must know about his achievements with this team
He has to know, and I'm sure he has people telling him the same. Hester is local and a Tulane grad and is a elite strength and conditioning coach. Hope he stays!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Query:

Why did't Harris put a stop to coaches hired by University of Houston coaching and recruiting our players ?

Why did it not happen until Coach Sumarall purged them ?

Bad look for Harris .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
mbissanti
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:57 pm Query:

Why did't Harris put a stop to coaches hired by University of Houston coaching and recruiting our players ?

Bad look for Harris .
Harris has not gotten to New Orleans yet as was agreed in his deal. Fault would be on his boss, not him.
HoustonWave
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:58 pm
Great Move.....clear'em out
+1,000,000
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Green Wave

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:57 pm Query:

Bad look for Harris .
Why didn’t anybody else at Tulane stop the heist? Why didn’t Fitts or the interim AD? Pathetic. Fritz probably knew there was no back bone on campus—but then Sumrall arrived.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:05 pm One of the “coaches “ that I’ve think that’s been instrumental in our wins is our strength coach Hester. Any word on his situation. Hope he stays. Sumrall must know about his achievements with this team
No word on him but he has made derisive remarks about the pending IPF. However, after he began work here he stated we had the worst facilities around. Yet he kept his job. We all hope he does. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Most likely Fritz intentionally lost the SMU game to assure that he would not have to be bothered with us anymore . Preparation and play calling .

Bonus . No one at Tulane blocked the assistants he told were coming with him from "selling" U Houston .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
austxwave
High Tide

You have to be truly ignorant to believe someone has to tell you not to recruit for the school you're moving to. You're either an ethical person or your not. None of those coaches have an ethical bone in their bodies and frankly it's apparent that WTF and "junior" do not either. "junior" better start working on his connections amongst coaches and his resume because in 3 years daddy will be terminated and he'll need to find a job.