Perry Clark -HOF

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:55 am
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:18 am I was told, not heard, that Bliss was in the DFW airport on his way to NOLA for the final 'interview"..it was down to Bliss and Clark....Kelley was pizzed at Gladchuck for announcing B'Ball would be returning in 1989, he wanted it to begin in 1990..so he told Chet he would be hiring Clark, Chet had to have Bliss "paged" at the DFW airport, to tell him he was not being hired...that was told to me by Oklahoma coach Billy Tubbs at a charity Golf event in Tulsa, he saw my Tulane golf shirt, visor and we began talking,
Interesting. Looks like Tulane has a history of presidential override on coach hiring decisions.
And the funny thing is we've had some very talented AD's over the years, Gladchuck, Kevin White, Sandy B, and then....well let's not even go there!

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:30 am
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:18 am I was told, not heard, that Bliss was in the DFW airport on his way to NOLA for the final 'interview"..it was down to Bliss and Clark....Kelley was pizzed at Gladchuck for announcing B'Ball would be returning in 1989, he wanted it to begin in 1990..so he told Chet he would be hiring Clark, Chet had to have Bliss "paged" at the DFW airport, to tell him he was not being hired...that was told to me by Oklahoma coach Billy Tubbs at a charity Golf event in Tulsa, he saw my Tulane golf shirt, visor and we began talking,
Interesting. Looks like Tulane has a history of presidential override on coach hiring decisions.
And the funny thing is we've had some very talented AD's over the years, Gladchuck, Kevin White, Sandy B, and then....well let's not even go there!
Great point. Maybe we should hire our next Prez from the list of our former ADs. That would shake up the academic world.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:37 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:30 am
Great point. Maybe we should hire our next Prez from the list of our former ADs. That would shake up the academic world.
I don't dislike Fitts. (And I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of this happening!) But Dr. Kevin White would be an interesting University President!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Why do you keep "going there" while proclaiming avoidance ??
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He will be enshrined in the La. Sports Hall Of Fame in 2024. Congrats to him!

https://www.nola.com/sports/lsu/brees-a ... 2d441.html

Frank Moice will also be inducted
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Congrats to Perry, who may have made more money, but never had it as good as he did at Tulane. Well deserved!
anEngineer
Riptide

One thing I've always wanted to ask Coach Clark is how close he was to going to GA Tech when Cremins took the South Carolina job, then backed out.