Golden age of TULANE football.

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave Fan
Low Tide

It feels like it has returned! Especially if you count the Banks was in game!

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'll call it the Golden Age if we can have back to back 10 win seasons, something we never done. Heck, we've only won 10 games in a year 4 times all-time! Sorry but 7-6 or 6-6 and going to a Nobodygivesacrap.com bowl game is not the golden age of anything. I don't care if Banks was in or not at this point. Had the refs put their arms in the air and signaled Touchdown, we get a participation trophy in the form of a bowl game 99.99% of football fans would have long since forgotten. BFD.

We need to get past the low-bar syndrome. Nobody gets far based on 7-6 seasons. String together a few 10 win seasons and we're in business. With the schedule we have this season, 9 wins is nothing to write home about.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
IM42lane
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:50 pm I'll call it the Golden Age if we can have back to back 10 win seasons, something we never done. Heck, we've only won 10 games in a year 4 times all-time! Sorry but 7-6 or 6-6 and going to a Nobodygivesacrap.com bowl game is not the golden age of anything. I don't care if Banks was in or not at this point. Had the refs put their arms in the air and signaled Touchdown, we get a participation trophy in the form of a bowl game 99.99% of football fans would have long since forgotten. BFD.

We need to get past the low-bar syndrome. Nobody gets far based on 7-6 seasons. String together a few 10 win seasons and we're in business. With the schedule we have this season, 9 wins is nothing to write home about.
9 wins sounds fine to me. Earn number 10 at a bowl game. ROLL WAVE!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
IM42lane
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:50 pm I'll call it the Golden Age if we can have back to back 10 win seasons, something we never done. Heck, we've only won 10 games in a year 4 times all-time! Sorry but 7-6 or 6-6 and going to a Nobodygivesacrap.com bowl game is not the golden age of anything. I don't care if Banks was in or not at this point. Had the refs put their arms in the air and signaled Touchdown, we get a participation trophy in the form of a bowl game 99.99% of football fans would have long since forgotten. BFD.

What Tulane does this year after season 2022 is the determining factor which will determine whether Tulane has redefined itself as a better program.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere