Fundraiser Request for St. Jude Children's Hospital

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Dear everyone,

We all come to this forum to celebrate the achievements and to decry the shortcomings of Tulane Athletics. As much as we all love Tulane, there is one topic that touches our hearts more: sick children. I am writing to you today to ask for your help with a much more serious topic: St. Jude's Children Hospital.

Each year I travel to Memphis and volunteer a week of my time to benefit the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, a place that is very close to my heart. St Jude is a lifesaving mission that offers free care for children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses. Every day, St. Jude is working tirelessly to ensure that no family ever receives a bill for treatment, travel, housing, or food.

I am writing to you today to ask for your support. St. Jude is entirely funded by public donations, and they rely on the generosity of people like us to continue their lifesaving work. With your help, we can ensure that children and families never receive a bill from St. Jude. Your donation can help provide lifesaving treatment and care to children battling cancer and other life-threatening diseases.

No donation is too small, Any amount that you can give will make a significant difference in the lives of these children. A donation as small as $5 can help provide a meal for a family staying at St. Jude; $100 could help provide a blood count test; $1000 could cover about two-thirds of the cost of one day of chemotherapy. If you're interested in contributing, you can donate directly to St. Jude by visiting my volunteer page and clicking DONATE TO THIS VOLUNTEER.

Please know that any donation you make will be greatly appreciated, and will make a significant impact in the lives of children and families who are fighting for their lives. Thank you for your time and for considering a donation to these children.

Don Veach (GreenLantern)
My volunteer page: http://hours.stjude.org/DonVeach

PS> If my total contributions reach $2500 (and I am nearly halfway there after only a couple days), I will receive a golf bag decorated with the artwork created by children in the hospital. As a special incentive to donors, I will randomly draw a name from my contributors and see that the golf bag is sent to them.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for doing that for the them. Great cause. I have donated to St. Jude for decades.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

Me too win...
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks to everyone everywhere that donate time or money to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. Their research, and sharing yet to be published (at that time) research with my son's doctors at MSKCC saved his life. I've donated since, and will contribute to your campaign selfishly because I want the golf bag!

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR SUPPORTING ST. JUDE'S.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:05 pm Thanks to everyone everywhere that donate time or money to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. Their research, and sharing yet to be published (at that time) research with my son's doctors at MSKCC saved his life. I've donated since, and will contribute to your campaign selfishly because I want the golf bag!

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR SUPPORTING ST. JUDE'S.
Thank you for your generous gift to St. Jude Children’s Hospital!

I hope you win the golf bag.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Thank you BigSteve for your generous gift to St. Jude Children’s Hospital!
Jaxwave
Swell

It’s a great thing you’re doing GL. I have given to St Jude’s for years. But I’ve got to admit with all due respect, I am not a proponent for using this forum (or any forum for that matter) to raise money for charities. I have a number of charities which I support and I would love to come on here and ask for their support but don’t think this is the avenue to do it. That being said, that is only my opinion and I wish you the best in your support of St Jude’s.