2023 AAC FB Power Rakings

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

#1 UTSA

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Just so folks know, that twitter account is NOT affiliated with the AAC in any manner. That said, I don't like that a newcomer from C-USA is listed at the top, especially since the UTSA program is close to the bottom of FBS in terms of returning starters. I believe they were 119 out of 131.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:26 pm Just so folks know, that twitter account is NOT affiliated with the AAC in any manner. That said, I don't like that a newcomer from C-USA is listed at the top, especially since the UTSA program is close to the bottom of FBS in terms of returning starters. I believe they were 119 out of 131.
End of year UTSA's SOS for 2022 was #84. For reference, we were #49.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
MicMan
Swell

Tulane made history in 2022.

No sneaking up on anyone this season.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aresco on video

Pick Six takes on a whole 'nother meaning
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenie78
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:12 pm Tulane made history in 2022.

No sneaking up on anyone this season.
Nope, but those other teams will be the hunted each week. 1-0.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:53 pm Aresco on video

Pick Six takes on a whole 'nother meaning
The Baylor guys are either uniformed or dumb. They make statements about programs that have already made their moves and aren’t under consideration, and berate programs that have a better social media presence (yes that’s a key metric these days in measuring fan base) than half of the Big 12. Watching that show is like watching one of the left or right wing news channels, it’s reporting is out of touch with reality.
anEngineer
Riptide

That clip with those talking heads is almost 2 years old. A lot has changed since then. FAU has been to a Final 4, Tulane has won a Cotton Bowl. UTSA football is getting Top 25 votes. Rice is being mentioned (however infrequently) as a PAC 12 invitee.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:48 am That clip with those talking heads is almost 2 years old. A lot has changed since then. FAU has been to a Final 4, Tulane has won a Cotton Bowl. UTSA football is getting Top 25 votes. Rice is being mentioned (however infrequently) as a PAC 12 invitee.
I don't think it's that old, they're talking about C-USA schools to the AAC "in a few days". And they talk about SMU in or not into the PAC. If it's two years old I take back my previous comment and call them visionaries!

Roll Wave!
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:30 am
anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:48 am That clip with those talking heads is almost 2 years old. A lot has changed since then. FAU has been to a Final 4, Tulane has won a Cotton Bowl. UTSA football is getting Top 25 votes. Rice is being mentioned (however infrequently) as a PAC 12 invitee.
I don't think it's that old, they're talking about C-USA schools to the AAC "in a few days". And they talk about SMU in or not into the PAC. If it's two years old I take back my previous comment and call them visionaries!

Roll Wave!
If you look in the upper right hand corner, there is a date of of October 2021..
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:47 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:30 am

Roll Wave!
If you look in the upper right hand corner, there is a date of of October 2021..
Although I couldn't see it when I went back to look, when I went full screen it started playing and the first couple of sentences spoken make it clear it's from the day the new AAC teams were announced.
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:24 pm Although I couldn't see it when I went back to look, when I went full screen it started playing and the first couple of sentences spoken make it clear it's from the day the new AAC teams were announced.
Think about where Tulane was during this video. We were in the middle of a "typical Tulane" 2 - 10 season.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:24 pm Think about where Tulane was during this video. We were in the middle of a "typical Tulane" 2 - 10 season.
Yeah, and?? I didn't have a peep about what they said about Tulane, whom I felt was an afterthought in the conversation.

Frankly, now that I know it was from 2021, I wish I hadn't watched it. I'm a JMU fan, multiple friends went there, one has a national championship ring another works in their President's inner circle. Those Baylor clowns shat on JMU who proved FCS is a lot closer to FBS than most think (and made their comments sound foolish). JMU got ranked 5 weeks after moving up to FBS and finishing 8-3 as the first FCS program to move up and play a complete FBS schedule in their first season. They also destroyed a ranked Coastal Carolina team that went to the SBC championship game despite losing the game (and tiebreaker were JMU eligible) 47-7 to end The Duke's 2022 season.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Well, it's been a few months, so if you want to kill about 11 minutes and remember who the defending champions are and how special that feeling was, enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5bDnTeG5Pc
golfnut69
Wild Pelican