Tulane Wins the Columbia Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Greeniegb
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:32 pm
DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:23 am Did not like Uhlman from the first time I heard him speak. When he was asked about the 6 PM start on Saturdays. He basically said sorry guys really don’t care what you think. It’s just cooler and we prefer to play then. He may be right but his answer was arrogant and condescending. Sounds a lot like Jewett and coaches a lot like Jewett.
Considering that 67% of our wins this year have come in DAYTIME games, maybe he should rethink that strategy.
Not happening, drop the nonsense.

BC Wave
Swell

Another defensive mistake leads to a run

Col 0 1
TU. 0

Lions got
Single
Walk
FC safe at 3rd
Ground out 3-1 sired the run
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tied for worst mark through 18 games:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/tula ... 824b2.html
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:01 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:51 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:32 pm
The astronomical number of strikeouts per game needs to be addressed.
We are just plain awful at basic fundamental baseball. Too many runners thrown out at the plate, failure to execute a simple rundown, wild pitches, K’d with bases loaded etc. About the only thing we do well is steal second base. Unfortunately you can’t steal 1B.
It’s sad seeing the empty stands but I can’t blame anyone for not wanting to attend. And the 6pm Saturday start times are not at all fan friendly. I didn’t expect much success this season but never did I see this type of start either. OMG I’m dreading playing LSU this season. Hopefully we agree to a mercy rule that night for everyone’s sake. Jay is a good guy and I hope he can figure out something ASAP. Just brutal for all that love and support Tulane baseball.
We play LSU Tuesday, April 11th, and my hope for that game is rain ⛈, rain ⛈ and more rain ⛈, and I mean biblical rain ⛈, Noah’s Ark duration and intensity rain ⛈, street flooding and the whole works!!! Please God!🙏🏻
LSU has no weaknesses, and we have no strengths.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
greenie78
Riptide

So far only 1 K and up 4-2 in the 5th.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:41 pm So far only 1 K and up 4-2 in the 5th.
Columbia is awful. 4 errors already for those guys.
Need to win this series.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
BC Wave
Swell

After 5
CU - 2 - 4 - 5
TU - 4 - 7 - 1
B 4
Linn reaches by E5
Morrow reaches on ground out 6-4
Engelhard singles to third with an E5 throwing error, scoring Morrow
Banks singles in Engelhard

B5
Marget singles
Linn singles
Morrow singles to RF. E9
Marget, Linn score
BC Wave
Swell

After 6
CU - 2 - 4 - 5
TU - 4 - 7 - 1
BC Wave
Swell

After 7
CU - 2 - 4 - 5
TU - 5 - 8- 1

CU
Infield hit
WP
WP
Runner stranded at third
2 Ks for Lombardi
(4 through 2 IP)

TU
LaPrairie walks
Lambert walks
Marget walks

New pitcher
Yuhan
Linn ks swinging

Baumgardt ph for Abegeidis - base hit to left
1 rbi
Engelhard - DP 5-3
BC Wave
Swell

After 8
CU - 2 - 4 - 5
TU - 5 - 8- 1

CU
4-3
K, swinging
K, swinging

TU
Banks Ks, swinging
Schulz 4-3
Hebert 4-3
BC Wave
Swell

Your Happy Final
CU - 2 - 4 - 5
TU - 5 - 8- 1

CU
6-3
F7
K swinging
greenie78
Riptide

Ballgame! Michael Lombardi with 4 brilliant innings to get the save in a 5-2 win!!!!
Houma de Wave
Swell

Start Lombardi tomorrow!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:43 pm Start Lombardi tomorrow!
I get the enthusiasm but he threw 48 pitches today. We start him next Saturday.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We have a chance to win a series. May it happen!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

As to Columbia they beat a ranked bama team 2 out of 3 last weekend. Like all Ivy's they don't give athletic scholarships but that's just symbolic. Like the other Ivy's their athletes don't pay tuition. The endowments are such that they don't have too. My oldest went to an Ivy and we never had to spend a penny on tuition. Not saying they have a great team but they do have a decent club.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:49 am As to Columbia they beat a ranked bama team 2 out of 3 last weekend. Like all Ivy's they don't give athletic scholarships but that's just symbolic. Like the other Ivy's their athletes don't pay tuition. The endowments are such that they don't have too. My oldest went to an Ivy and we never had to spend a penny on tuition. Not saying they have a great team but they do have a decent club.
Princeton's non-scholarship basketball team just won it's second NCAA tournament game and is in the sweet 16! Yes, it's been 25 years and four coaches since they last won a tournament game, but a lot of full scholarship programs haven't even been to the big dance in that time, they've gone 4 times.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:49 am As to Columbia they beat a ranked bama team 2 out of 3 last weekend. Like all Ivy's they don't give athletic scholarships but that's just symbolic. Like the other Ivy's their athletes don't pay tuition. The endowments are such that they don't have too. My oldest went to an Ivy and we never had to spend a penny on tuition. Not saying they have a great team but they do have a decent club.
They made 5 errors yesterday. Alabama was ranked early because the SEC bias they won’t be once SEC play is over. . I’m glad for the win but let’s not pretend here. No excuses. We need to win today.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:04 am
Princeton's non-scholarship basketball team just won it's second NCAA tournament game and is in the sweet 16! Yes, it's been 25 years and four coaches since they last won a tournament game, but a lot of full scholarship programs haven't even been to the big dance in that time, they've gone 4 times.
Not a good example. Princeton basketball vs Columbia baseball come on.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:11 am Not a good example. Princeton basketball vs Columbia baseball come on.
You're right, Columbia baseball has much more recent success, having been to the NCAA tournament 8 times since 2008. Columbia won NCAA tournament games three years in a row in the late 2010's, something few programs can claim. And everyone thinks about Princeton Basketball because of a coach that's had 4 guys in the job since he retired in 1995.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:23 am
Show Me wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:11 am Not a good example. Princeton basketball vs Columbia baseball come on.
You're right, Columbia baseball has much more recent success, having been to the NCAA tournament 8 times since 2008. Columbia won NCAA tournament games three years in a row in the late 2010's, something few programs can claim. And everyone thinks about Princeton Basketball because of a coach that's had 4 guys in the job since he retired in 1995.
This year. So if we lose this series it’s because Columbia is good :roll:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:05 am
They made 5 errors yesterday. Alabama was ranked early because the SEC bias they won’t be once SEC play is over. . I’m glad for the win but let’s not pretend here. No excuses. We need to win today.
They made 4 errors. Everybody has an off game. Uhlman is doing a horrible job. No one has to make things up to try and get rid of him. We want him gone. If we had won 2 of 3 at Bama people here would be talking Omaha. We do need to win today. Duh.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:38 am
DfromCT wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:23 am
This year. So if we lose this series it’s because Columbia is good :roll:
What was given were examples of non-scholarship Ivy league programs performing at or above the level of some non-Ivy D1 schools with a full allotment of scholarships.

Whatever words you want to put into my mouth that works for you, have at it.