Traville Frederick -1st 2024 Commit

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's a TE:

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The film:

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He has now been offered by Alabama.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:13 am He has now been offered by Alabama.
We’ll get him in the portal now I suppose in two years.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

Seems like he wants to go to Red Stick. He's got LSU all over his twitter
RobertM320
Green Wave

I really wish they wouldn't post 100% committed, if they're really not. Someone needs to call them out and explain to them that in the real world, your word matters. Just say committed. Don't say 100% committed.

I wouldn't say LSU is all over his Twitter feed, though. His most recent offer was LSU, but his school is the Jeanerette TIGERS and their colors are purple and gold. His Twitter banner photo is his high school logo, not LSUs.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:32 pm I really wish they wouldn't post 100% committed, if they're really not. Someone needs to call them out and explain to them that in the real world, your word matters. Just say committed. Don't say 100% committed.

I wouldn't say LSU is all over his Twitter feed, though. His most recent offer was LSU, but his school is the Jeanerette TIGERS and their colors are purple and gold. His Twitter banner photo is his high school logo, not LSUs.
Ah good catch. Didn't know about Jeanerette. Makes me feel a bit better. But seems he's really excited for every big time offer and has the feeling of someone who will flip for a bigger school.
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:32 pm I really wish they wouldn't post 100% committed, if they're really not. Someone needs to call them out and explain to them that in the real world, your word matters. Just say committed. Don't say 100% committed.

I believe the last player we got in a head-to-head tug-of-war with LSWho was Tyronne Vaughns in 1983? https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... hns-1.html

4️⃣0️⃣ years ago, fellow "old timers." Fingers crossed on this one.🤞
DrBox
Riptide

Roydell Williams
Wave755
Tsunami

DrBox wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:56 amRoydell Williams
You are correct, Doctor.

Roydell Williams: HIGH SCHOOL: A 2000 graduate of East St. John High School. One of the top receivers in the South, Williams caught 53 passes for 1,101 yards and 23 TDs as a senior. A member of the Times-Picayune Top 20 Blue Chip List. A two-time all-metro player, an All-River Parish pick and the MVP of the district. Listed by SuperPrep Magazine as the 10th-best prospect in the state. Played for Coach Ronnie Stephens. Drafted in the fifth-round of the 2000 Major League Baseball draft by the Cincinnati Reds. Chose Tulane over Georgia Tech, Florida, LSU and Texas A&M.

So, it's been 23 years since we last won a direct tug-of-war for a player with 'dem Tigggers.🤞
greenie78
Riptide

Decommitted from Tulane today and an hour later committed to Houston.
arkhou02
High Tide

Keith Cooper committed to Cougar High tonight. That makes four players following him so far. Fritz continues to screw over Tulane. Willie has completely turned on us. Wish he would have left before the season began. He checked out on us mid-season. What a piece of crap he is turning out to be.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I also wish they wouldn't lie. "After carefully discussing this with family, and after careful consideration" blah blah blah. You know damn well the only discussing with family that happened was, how much money will Houston give you.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

arkhou02 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:00 pm Keith Cooper committed to Cougar High tonight. That makes four players following him so far. Fritz continues to screw over Tulane. Willie has completely turned on us. Wish he would have left before the season began. He checked out on us mid-season. What a piece of crap he is turning out to be.
Yep. Plus the portal guys. He’s cherry picking the ones he really wants.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

He will be lucky to win 4 games next year so he will be in our rear-view mirror quickly.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Bigschtick
Riptide

arkhou02 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:00 pm Keith Cooper committed to Cougar High tonight. That makes four players following him so far. Fritz continues to screw over Tulane. Willie has completely turned on us. Wish he would have left before the season began. He checked out on us mid-season. What a piece of crap he is turning out to be.
Thats putting it a bit too diplomatically for me!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Dupergreenie
Surge

So are we supposed to feel the same about Sumrall since we have gotten commitments from Troy players?
anEngineer
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:17 pm
Yep. Plus the portal guys. He’s cherry picking the ones he really wants.
I honestly can't imagine why he should not go after the ones he really wants.
greenphantom
Swell

Dupergreenie wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:38 am
So are we supposed to feel the same about Sumrall since we have gotten commitments from Troy players?
At least Sumrall waited till after Troy's Bowl Game to take coaches and any players. I still like Fritz but I didnt like the way some of the future UH Assistants were acting as double agents. It's unfortunate but this is what happens when players aren't forced to sit out a year.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Keeping Baughman is a much better deal than an HS kid who's never played a snap of college football and doesn't value higher education and what a Tulane degree means.

At the end of the day, UH will have a number of former Tulane players suiting up next year, we will have a number of former Troy players suiting up as well. Those going to UH will be stepping up their competition and will likely live through a sub .500 year or years. Those coming to Tulane will be making a lateral move in competition and will likely enjoy multiple 10+ win seasons and be in the discussion for the G5 invite to the 12 team playoff. They will also have a Tulane degree for the rest of their lives, the value of which will far outweigh the increased NIL the players at UH will enjoy over the very short term. Few will play after they take off their college jerseys, that's a fact, not a knock.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V