Robby Discher Leaving

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Going to Illinois to be there TE/ST coach:

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

Good for him I guess.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I wonder what Bobby April is up to πŸ€”
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: ↑Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:52 am I wonder what Bobby April is up to πŸ€”πŸ€”
I think his last job was "Special Teams Analyst" for lsu in 2017
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Best of luck to Discher and thanks for a job well done. Our special teams were outstanding this past year, a big improvement over just a few years ago.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell

Just when spring practice is starting, Special teams was a strength, now what???
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... r-AA17uBzV
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

already had a thread about his departure, this is old news
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Yes. See this one.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:27 pm already had a thread about his departure, this is old news
Old news I searched before I posted and did not see this posted. the top posting is only one day earlier, Probable crossed on the net!!!! This was in today;s paper.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: ↑Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:13 pm
golfnut69 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:27 pm already had a thread about his departure, this is old news
Old news I searched before I posted and did not see this posted. the top posting is only one day earlier, Probable crossed on the net!!!! This was in today;s paper.
actually not that big of a deal....hate to see him leave, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....Hell, WF's staff is getting as popular as 'bama's...I am sure WF will find someone, other than CJ, to handle ST's
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:20 pm
actually not that big of a deal....hate to see him leave, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....Hell, WF's staff is getting as popular as 'bama's...I am sure WF will find someone, other than CJ, to handle ST's
It is a big deal because coaching staffs either mesh as a group or let personalities interfere. Look how long it took Willie to finally get a staff as the one that won the Cotton Bowl. From one year to the next bringing in Discher, Svoboda, Hester, and the offensive line coach the team made a miraculous turnaround!!! Coaching played a big part; Willie can't micromanage every aspect of the team he has to rely on coaches that get along with the team and are good teachers. Coach was worried when asked about a new contract and he said he made enough but from Willie's own mouth he said he had to pay the assistants that it was important to keep them. You guys can downplay this all you want but sometimes you have to read between the lines, Willie stated how important it was to keep last year's staff together. Now it is falling apart!!!

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2021/2/ ... g-salaries
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: ↑Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:29 pm

It is a big deal because coaching staffs either mesh as a group or let personalities interfere. Look how long it took Willie to finally get a staff as the one that won the Cotton Bowl. From one year to the next bringing in Discher, Svoboda, Hester, and the offensive line coach the team made a miraculous turnaround!!! Coaching played a big part; Willie can't micromanage every aspect of the team he has to rely on coaches that get along with the team and are good teachers. Coach was worried when asked about a new contract and he said he made enough but from Willie's own mouth he said he had to pay the assistants that it was important to keep them. You guys can downplay this all you want but sometimes you have to read between the lines, Willie stated how important it was to keep last year's staff together. Now it is falling apart!!!

The no big deal was in regards to your posting about him leaving, which was already under discussion....I understand Stafffs have to mesh, WF may take on the ST job himself, unless he can get ST guru Bobby April to come on board
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: ↑Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:48 pm
Greeniegb wrote: ↑Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:29 pm

The no big deal was in regards to your posting about him leaving, which was already under discussion....I understand Stafffs have to mesh, WF may take on the ST job himself, unless he can get ST guru Bobby April to come on board
Understand but last time Willie coached ST, the results were not good, kicking game sucked, tackling and everything was not as crisped with the special teams.