Big 12 2023 FB Schedule

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It’s official. Former AAC members Houston, Cincy and UCF have moved out. Texas and OU remain for one more season.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:39 am It’s official. Former AAC members Houston, Cincy and UCF have moved out. Texas and OU remain for one more season.
do not be surprised if OU & UT will still be in the Big12 for the 2024 season... the Big12 is going to keep them held hostage for as long as they can
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenie78
Riptide

BYU and Houston are frauds in football, but congrats to them. Sick feeling not seeing us with those teams.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:11 am BYU and Houston are frauds in football, but congrats to them. Sick feeling not seeing us with those teams.
Sick that we won’t be playing UH anymore. That started to develop into a nice competitive rivalry.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenie78 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:11 am BYU and Houston are frauds in football, but congrats to them. Sick feeling not seeing us with those teams.
the big12 had to take UH simply becasue of the Houston Tv market, ust like the AAC had to take Rice...the byu addition in my opinion was a big12 knee jerk reaction,,,, Cincy, UCF, UH and either USF, Memphis, Tulane, UAB or UTSA made one hell of a lot more sense... all would have brought good TV markets and ease of travel for all teams ..... but ya bring in a new big12 commish and he wanted to make his own mark, and not follow the thought process of the previous Commish
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Really nice league. Boy I wish we were invited.
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

If the Big 12 were making their expansion decisions now instead of 2 years ago, it might very well have been Tulane instead of BYU.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

BYU is likely a more valuable football program to media than any other non-UT/OU Big 12 football program. Let’s not pretend that there is a scenario where the Big 12 expanded where it couldn’t pull from other P5s and BYU was not going to be there.
Ruski
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:29 am If the Big 12 were making their expansion decisions now instead of 2 years ago, it might very well have been Tulane instead of BYU.
LOL, remind me the last time Tulane regularly drew 60k+ or 1.1M TV viewers per game?

I love the recent ascent and potential of Tulane. And I sure as hell would've loved to be in the Big12. But let's not get crazy here