Tulane WBB destroyed by Houston

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
greenie78
Riptide

Just lost 82-36 on ESPNU to a 7-13 team.

DrBox
Riptide

Stockton should resign the second she gets back to campus. Actually she should be fired in-flight, but that would cost us more money.
Greeniegb
Swell

DrBox wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:03 pm Stockton should resign the second she gets back to campus. Actually she should be fired in-flight, but that would cost us more money.
Not happening she does not play in the game!!!

In her quarter century with the team, Stockton has taken Tulane to 11 NCAA tournaments and seven WNIT appearances while winning six conference regular-season and tournament championships
anEngineer
Riptide

In spite of some past moderate successes, I think most of us have enough of this act. Coach Stockton will never be fired and will never coach anywhere else, so what is the incentive? She is simply coaching for the paycheck and it shows.

That being said, how much resources should be put into this? We are in a 1-bid league and, aside from UConn, that team never gets very far. There are not enough legitimate women basketball players (even worldwide) to make a non-P5 program viable. We could maybe get a new up and coming coach every 3 years and get some temporary success, but is it worth it? It's not a priority for Tulane and I'm not sure it should be. No matter how well you do, you're not really going to compete with P5. I hate watching this program be so bad, but how good do any of us think it could be from the AAC?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Meanwhile across Freret Street former Tulane assistant coach Kellie Kennedy having a tremendous year.
She’d be a good fit should Lisa retire.
https://loyolawolfpack.com/news/2023/1/ ... tid=Zxz2cZ
The No. 10 Loyola Wolf Pack just don't lose when they're playing in the friendly confines of The Den. On Saturday, Loyola captured its 26th straight win in its home gym with a 67-55 win over the Mobile Rams.

Loyola (19-1, 12-1 in SSAC) will next host Faulkner (17-5, 9-3) on Thursday at 5:30 p.m. in a battle of the first- and second-place teams in the Southern States Athletic Conference standings.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DrBox
Riptide

There's no P5 in basketball, especially women's basketball. And Stockton doesn't come cheap anyway.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:25 pm There's no P5 in basketball, especially women's basketball. And Stockton doesn't come cheap anyway.
She is well paid so we could do better for less.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:03 pm Meanwhile across Freret Street former Tulane assistant coach Kellie Kennedy having a tremendous year.
She’d be a good fit should Lisa retire.
https://loyolawolfpack.com/news/2023/1/ ... tid=Zxz2cZ
The No. 10 Loyola Wolf Pack just don't lose when they're playing in the friendly confines of The Den. On Saturday, Loyola captured its 26th straight win in its home gym with a 67-55 win over the Mobile Rams.

Loyola (19-1, 12-1 in SSAC) will next host Faulkner (17-5, 9-3) on Thursday at 5:30 p.m. in a battle of the first- and second-place teams in the Southern States Athletic Conference standings.
She should be high on the list of candidates.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:18 pm In spite of some past moderate successes, I think most of us have enough of this act. Coach Stockton will never be fired and will never coach anywhere else, so what is the incentive? She is simply coaching for the paycheck and it shows.

That being said, how much resources should be put into this? We are in a 1-bid league and, aside from UConn, that team never gets very far. There are not enough legitimate women basketball players (even worldwide) to make a non-P5 program viable. We could maybe get a new up and coming coach every 3 years and get some temporary success, but is it worth it? It's not a priority for Tulane and I'm not sure it should be. No matter how well you do, you're not really going to compete with P5. I hate watching this program be so bad, but how good do any of us think it could be from the AAC?
Have no idea what you are saying but it would not be allowed to underfund any women's sport on campus compared to the men's, discrimination lawsuit would be following. Women's sports have to be fully funded and attempt to be competitive!!!
Pepper
Swell

Build a new arena and go get a good coach.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
anEngineer
Riptide

My point is, what is a realistic goal for Tulane women's basketball from the AAC? Except for the anomaly of UConn, USF has been the class of the conference and they have been to the NCAA 2nd round one time. They don't even make good runs in the WNIT. If we were better than them, how far would that get us? Again, I hate looking at what our program is and I am NOT defending Stockton, but reasonable people would step back and ask what is a REALISTIC goal. It's easy to say we should contend in the NCAA tournament, but then you have to ask why no one else in our conference can do it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You play to win the conference. We do judge by wins and losses. It's clear she needs to be gone and we can get more for less with a good hire. That's on the AD to get it done.