OC Bye Bye

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

Anyone doubting Willie Fritz at this point is a fool. Why was SN promoted while JS was still in the house? SN took Tulane to heights that have never been seen in modern times. I’m looking forward to more of the same on offense. Did JS ever get a job yet?

Greeniegb
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:59 am Anyone doubting Willie Fritz at this point is a fool. Why was SN promoted while JS was still in the house? SN took Tulane to heights that have never been seen in modern times. I’m looking forward to more of the same on offense. Did JS ever get a job yet?
Educate yourself, JS is limiting where he wants to coach close to home (Health reasons?) and SN has not become an offensive genius overnight, you are completely ignoring Coach Fritz and Pratts statements of JS, why is that? Seen in the Press Box calling plays is JS not SN.
Last but not least, as Coach Fritz's offenses struggled for 7 years SN remained as Tight Ends coach period, Coach brought in Hall and Long then JS, SN remained tight end coach??? So all these years Coach Fritz was ignorant to SN strength as an offensive mind, come again!!!
Pepper
Swell

We have a great offense run by a good QB with a vast improvement at the WR and TE positions. I do not see that changing.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:59 am Anyone doubting Willie Fritz at this point is a fool. Why was SN promoted while JS was still in the house? SN took Tulane to heights that have never been seen in modern times. I’m looking forward to more of the same on offense. Did JS ever get a job yet?
He's the same guy that went 2-10 the year before. Only a fool like you would say he now walks on water.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

Nepotism interfering with OC hire in Iowa City?
Come on Kurt, hire the man.....
Go to the cleansing sunshine of the NFL Bry Bry. Earn it!
Last edited by wave97 on Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:58 am We have a great offense run by a good QB with a vast improvement at the WR and TE positions. I do not see that changing.
The main concern is losing Tyjae. He is elite. He made others look better. Yes we have Johnson and Celestine and they'll do good but neither are the caliber of Tyjae. The other concern is that with Svoboda as his QB coach Pratt had his best season. He had a real affection for the man.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

“There's two options in life in any situation. You can surrender, and if you surrender, then I think the results are pretty much guaranteed."
Brian Ferentz
OC University of Iowa
Please, don't hire your children for critical decision making. It seldom works out for anyone!
Last edited by wave97 on Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Nobody said that Nagle installed a different offense for last season's spring game. What the article said in December is that Nagle CALLED a different game than Svoboda, and that Nagle over the summer took over playcalling USING Coach Boda's offense, which had elements of Hall and Long. This isn't to say Svoboda did nothing, we don't know how involved or uninvolved any coach was in game planning and play calling. I don't know anyone on this forum that's got a handle on this situation that explains everything and I've seen a ton of guesses draped in claims of fact. Fact is, Nagle was promoted three weeks ago. In some manner, he was more than a TE coach at some point last season. It's been written that he called plays all season. It's been rumored on this site that this is not true.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The fact is that in the spring game neither offense looked different than the other and certainly neither stood out from the other which is why I stand by the fact that the spring game was not the impetus for any later change. In the article Svoboda says the running game changed as the season progressed and credited Nagle with that. At home games Guerry Smith says that he sits next to the coaches box in the press box and it was Svoboda on the headset with the play sheet calling in plays. I'm believing him over some writer that has never attended a Tulane practice, spring game or game. But yes the change is now official and we all hope it works out.
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:58 am Nobody said that Nagle installed a different offense for last season's spring game. What the article said in December is that Nagle CALLED a different game than Svoboda, and that Nagle over the summer took over playcalling USING Coach Boda's offense, which had elements of Hall and Long. This isn't to say Svoboda did nothing, we don't know how involved or uninvolved any coach was in game planning and play calling. I don't know anyone on this forum that's got a handle on this situation that explains everything and I've seen a ton of guesses draped in claims of fact. Fact is, Nagle was promoted three weeks ago. In some manner, he was more than a TE coach at some point last season. It's been written that he called plays all season. It's been rumored on this site that this is not true.
You actually think Guerry, or Ben & Jerry actually knows who is installing and adjusting the game plan?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

an UnderDawg article from Jan 1st...interviewing Slade regarding Tulanes Offense

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2023/1/ ... n-bowl-cfb
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell

Why does the story keep changing, lst OC and Assistant Head Coach, now OC and Quarterback Coach???
Jan 31, 2023
NEW ORLEANS – Tulane head football coach Willie Fritz announced the promotion of Slade Nagle to the position of the team's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach on Tuesday.
wave97
Swell

My biggest concern is the O-Line hire.
Coach Kennedy isn't leaving Arkansas anytime soon.
greenie78
Riptide

Both of our coordinators are from the Lake Charles area.