Tyjae Spears

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I think ya'll have gone nuts. Jax is convinced that his information is accurate. If anyone on this board has relevant information that they believe is accurate, I hope they share it with the rest of the board-- to a large extent that's why we're here. If some had waited for public proof that Cowen was trying to kill our Division I athletics in 2003 we probably wouldn't have a program today.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:48 pm I think ya'll have gone nuts. Jax is convinced that his information is accurate. If anyone on this board has relevant information that they believe is accurate, I hope they share it with the rest of the board-- to a large extent that's why we're here. If some had waited for public proof that Cowen was trying to kill our Division I athletics in 2003 we probably wouldn't have a program today.
Nuts really Houston, my question is did Jaxwave violate Tyjae's HIPPA Rights. Even the Athletic Dept does not disclose when a player has Covid anymore. They say he has an undisclosed illness for missing practice, right you bet I am!!! The coaching staff kept the depth of Pratt's injuries under wrap, we did not know the details or other injuries coaches do not want opponents to have that info so it is not a time and place for someone on this board to boast and make themselves look good!!!

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient’s consent or knowledge. The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued the HIPAA Privacy Rule to implement the requirements of HIPAA. The HIPAA Security Rule protects a subset of information covered by the Privacy Rule.

It is not anyone.s right on this board to release key health information of an athlete that can effect their future careers before that information becomes public by the athlete or other key sources outside of fan forums.

Time and Place for everything not on the eve of the draft before information was made Public!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:07 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:48 pm I think ya'll have gone nuts. Jax is convinced that his information is accurate. If anyone on this board has relevant information that they believe is accurate, I hope they share it with the rest of the board-- to a large extent that's why we're here. If some had waited for public proof that Cowen was trying to kill our Division I athletics in 2003 we probably wouldn't have a program today.
Nuts really Houston, my question is did Jaxwave violate Tyjae's HIPPA Rights. Even the Athletic Dept does not disclose when a player has Covid anymore. They say he has an undisclosed illness for missing practice, right you bet I am!!! The coaching staff kept the depth of Pratt's injuries under wrap, we did not know the details or other injuries coaches do not want opponents to have that info so it is not a time and place for someone on this board to boast and make themselves look good!!!

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient’s consent or knowledge. The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued the HIPAA Privacy Rule to implement the requirements of HIPAA. The HIPAA Security Rule protects a subset of information covered by the Privacy Rule.

It is not anyone.s right on this board to release key health information of an athlete that can effect their future careers before that information becomes public by the athlete or other key sources outside of fan forums.

Time and Place for everything not on the eve of the draft before information was made Public!!!
Jax didn't violate HIPAA. He cited the NFL Medical Office--go cry to them. Nobody on this board has any official medical information on anybody. What a hoot.
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:53 pm

Jax didn't violate HIPAA. He cited the NFL Medical Office--go cry to them. Nobody on this board has any official medical information on anybody. What a hoot.
Once again you are wrong Houston, Jaxwave cited undisclosed Tulane sources not the NFL. So, you are defending disclosing without the players consent all health information about them before they go public with the information., That violates hippa. What was the purpose it did not help anyone on this forum, all it could do was spread rumors true or false. You by defending this are giving others free reign to disclose health issues of our players, totally irresponsible and self serving!!! Who knows if the NFL had to defend this once the rumor came out. Now every opponent will be using Tyjae's knee as a target when they tackle him!!! Prayers for Tyjae moving forward, protect your knee, It is now a target!!!
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

There must’ve been a break out from the psych ward at Ochsner hospital! HIPPA really? I don’t know what you guys are smoking, but do you know how many rumors they are out there about football players medical conditions! You would have to have the official doctors record and you would have to have released it without the patient’s permission to be a HIPPA violation. Don’t get your panties in a wad! As far as his knee, now, being a target, what a stupid effing statement! Yes, I’m sure this will be the first time a team goes after another players weak spot Give Sean Payton a call!. Give me a break!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Y’all are comical as fuck. Truly.

And yes, I do sometimes tweet excerpts from and links to posts here on Twitter, but not on the daily as the never-wrong winwave would suggest. Also, those tweets are displayed here, to the right of the forum, in the sidebar.

You want to censor? There’s a place for that. I won’t miss ya ✌🏻

If you want to talk ALL things Tulane, then have at it. Roll Wave.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:47 pm

Once again you are wrong Houston, Jaxwave cited undisclosed Tulane sources not the NFL. So, you are defending disclosing without the players consent all health information about them before they go public with the information., That violates hippa. What was the purpose it did not help anyone on this forum, all it could do was spread rumors true or false. You by defending this are giving others free reign to disclose health issues of our players, totally irresponsible and self serving!!! Who knows if the NFL had to defend this once the rumor came out. Now every opponent will be using Tyjae's knee as a target when they tackle him!!! Prayers for Tyjae moving forward, protect your knee, It is now a target!!!
Once again gb starts reading minds. Who’s going to target Tyjae’s knees? And as far as your HIPAA worries whether NFL medical or Tulane first disclosed the information go club them with your HIPAA Hammer. Jaxwave has done nothing relative to HIPAA. If NFL medical first disclosed any medical info, then even undisclosed Tulane sources are off the HIPAA hook. Only you concoct such insane scenarios.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Yes nuts gb. First thank you for that boiler plate download describing HIPAA. which has no relevance to what Jaxwave posted. Secondly, your analogy to the Tulane coaching staff not disclosing Pratt’s injuries again has no relevance to HIPAA. Only the doctors, hospitals and medical facilities, with primary and direct medical information, are bound by HIPAA, and only after the patient has been admitted to the facility. Yes., introducing HIPAA into this thread is NUTS!!
Greeniegb
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:39 pm

Once again gb starts reading minds. Who’s going to target Tyjae’s knees? And as far as your HIPAA worries whether NFL medical or Tulane first disclosed the information go club them with your HIPAA Hammer. Jaxwave has done nothing relative to HIPAA. If NFL medical first disclosed any medical info, then even undisclosed Tulane sources are off the HIPAA hook. Only you concoct such insane scenarios.
Hope you guys are happy, on Tennessee Titans forums fans are calling Tyjae a bum, won't last preseason. He has to explain how he protects the knee moving forward. Excitement for Tyjae turns to hate and explaining. Surgery is public the details of the results of the surgery should be Tyjaes alone. Like people walking around with one lung or kidney. Coach Fritz guards the health of players for a reason, respect and to protect the players. That is Tulane's policy and should be for all of "Green Wave Nation" Wow if you call that censorship I feel sorry for someone to call personal health information censorship. This is the only Green Wave Site to mention this the other forum had more respect for Tyjae. They stayed out of it and left it up to others like JaxWave!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:59 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:39 pm

Hope you guys are happy, on Tennessee Titans forums fans are calling Tyjae a bum, won't last preseason. He has to explain how he protects the knee moving forward. Excitement for Tyjae turns to hate and explaining. Surgery is public the details of the results of the surgery should be Tyjaes alone. Like people walking around with one lung or kidney. Coach Fritz guards the health of players for a reason, respect and to protect the players. That is Tulane's policy and should be for all of "Green Wave Nation" Wow if you call that censorship I feel sorry for someone to call personal health information censorship. This is the only Green Wave Site to mention this the other forum had more respect for Tyjae. They stayed out of it and left it up to others like JaxWave!!!
Another site has mentioned it. They have also discussed the CBS article and the Ian Rapoport report that it was the imaging at the NFL Combine that showed a loss of full thickening of the cartilage and no ACL. But the other board didn’t mention HIPAA. 😂😂
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:49 pm Y’all are comical as fuck. Truly.

And yes, I do sometimes tweet excerpts from and links to posts here on Twitter, but not on the daily as the never-wrong winwave would suggest. Also, those tweets are displayed here, to the right of the forum, in the sidebar.

Clearly I was wrong when I said tps is the only one here who's never admitted he was wrong. You were dead wrong her but you'll never admit. II. All with trying to give breaking news over being respectful to one of our players. As to the sidebar no one pays any mind to that. If those post on twitter aren't daily they sure have seemed like it lately. Own it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:56 pm

Clearly I was wrong when I said tps is the only one here who's never admitted he was wrong. You were dead wrong here. All with trying to give breaking news over being respectful to one of our players. As to the sidebar no one pays any mind to that. If those post on twitter aren't daily they sure have seemed like it lately. Own it.
So you’re saying you were wrong. Wow. That’s a first.

You’re a lawyer, Jeff … comical how you speak in false absolutes. Show me the tweets where I reference and link this forum daily. I’m waiting.

https://twitter.com/gotulanet
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:03 pm

Clearly I was wrong when I said tps is the only one here who's never admitted he was wrong. You were dead wrong here. All with trying to give breaking news over being respectful to one of our players. As to the sidebar no one pays any mind to that. If those post on twitter aren't daily they sure have seemed like it lately. Own it.
So you’re saying you were wrong. Wow. That’s a first.

You’re a lawyer, Jeff … comical how you speak in false absolutes. Show me the tweets where I reference and link this forum daily. I’m waiting.

https://twitter.com/gotulanet
You're wrong again. I have admitted I was wrong multiple times over the years. You've never done it once. You're trying to deflect here. You had total disregard for Tyjae all for seeking glory of being first. Shame on you.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

Guys, before I made my initial post here, the info was all over the Saints forums even referring to a site run by a former Packers beat writer. He had Tyjae rated the 9th best back and said scouts had him rated higher but for the fact that he had no ACL. I then confirmed that through my source and put it on here. Saints fans were discussing the article two days before I posted it here.
Greeniegb
Swell

3rd on Tennessee
Tennessee Titans Depth Chart

RB
Derrick Henry Hassan Haskins Tyjae Spears Julius Chestnut
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Clearly I was wrong when I said tps is the only one here who's never admitted he was wrong. You were dead wrong her but you'll never admit. II. All with trying to give breaking news over being respectful to one of our players. As to the sidebar no one pays any mind to that. If those post on twitter aren't daily they sure have seemed like it lately. Own it.
Own what? Your opinion of how things transpired?

You are a 100% narcissist. “Own it.”
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:36 am

Own what? Your opinion of how things transpired?

You are a 100% narcissist. “Own it.”
Own your mistake. It was wrong to put an unconfirmed rumor out about a Tulane player on the day he was supposed to get picked. You can be as upset as you want at me for exposing you here but you screwed up royally which is why you got the backlash you did. I did it because as I said most here don't follow on twitter. It's such an obvious mistake you made that it is incredible that you can't step up and own it.
Wave755
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:49 am Guys, before I made my initial post here, the info was all over the Saints forums even referring to a site run by a former Packers beat writer. He had Tyjae rated the 9th best back and said scouts had him rated higher but for the fact that he had no ACL. I then confirmed that through my source and put it on here. Saints fans were discussing the article two days before I posted it here.
🤔Then impossible to believe Tennessee didn’t know it too before the third round?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:08 am
Jaxwave wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:49 am Guys, before I made my initial post here, the info was all over the Saints forums even referring to a site run by a former Packers beat writer. He had Tyjae rated the 9th best back and said scouts had him rated higher but for the fact that he had no ACL. I then confirmed that through my source and put it on here. Saints fans were discussing the article two days before I posted it here.
🤔Then impossible to believe Tennessee didn’t know it too before the third round?
Sure the Titans knew. Maybe their fans may not have but like I said earlier it really doesn’t matter. Tyjae will once again prove it on the field as he did here. According to Jax the info was out prior to the draft just because some here didn’t know about it doesn’t change things. If it was on the Saints board a few days before posting here then its open for discussion here. The Titans have a good history with Tulane players and that’s why Tyjae was selected. He’ll be a steal like Drew Brees was for the Saints.

Jax can you provide the link from the Saints board?
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:59 pm
Hope you guys are happy, on Tennessee Titans forums fans are calling Tyjae a bum, won't last preseason….
If this is it then they got that info from another source that was posted on April 22nd well before it was posted here. Obviously the Titans had to have known.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/part-4-rb-th ... dium=email

https://gotitans.com/threads/2023-nfl-d ... 737/page-1

Just like here Tyjae will prove them wrong.

According to this USA Today article the fans are made because of this and not Tyjae.
The selection is bizarre for several reasons, chief of which has to do with the Titans already having one of the best running backs in the sport.

Even if Henry isn’t in the plans for 2023, the Titans have Hassan Haskins, and Spears figures to be a complementary back rather than a workhorse, which is hardly worth taking over a major need at wide receiver.

I don’t even need to throw in the concerns over his knee to further show how bad this move is, but I will anyway. However, let me be clear, I think Spears is a talented player and this reaction has less to do with him than it does the circumstances in which he was taken.
https://titanswire.usatoday.com/lists/2 ... -reaction/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

If the CBS and Ian Rapoport articles are correct, and the imaging at the NFL Combine showed the cartilage problems and lack of an ACL, then all the NFL teams knew it. The good news is that Tyjae was drafted about where we had hoped, and he may still have a great NFL career.
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:57 am
If the CBS and Ian Rapoport articles are correct, and the imaging at the NFL Combine showed the cartilage problems and lack of an ACL, then all the NFL teams knew it. The good news is that Tyjae was drafted about where we had hoped, and he may still have a great NFL career.
+1, and as I posted further above, Hines Ward had a great career playing wide receiver in the NFL without an ACL, he played 14 seasons @ the "Big Show." 🤞🍀😎
Last edited by Wave755 on Mon May 01, 2023 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:32 am
Sure the Titans knew. Maybe their fans may not have but like I said earlier it really doesn’t matter. Tyjae will once again prove it on the field as he did here. According to Jax the info was out prior to the draft just because some here didn’t know about it doesn’t change things. If it was on the Saints board a few days before posting here then its open for discussion here. The Titans have a good history with Tulane players and that’s why Tyjae was selected. He’ll be a steal like Drew Brees was for the Saints.

Discussing it here is one thing. Taking it from here and putting it on a massive platform like twitter is a whole different thing. This isn't a much traveled site and neither are the Saints boards. No one here other than Jax had heard about it. No local media had picked it up nor had the national media. There's no gray area you don't do this to one of your own players on draft day especially. If you do then do it under your own name not the site's name.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:14 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:32 am

Discussing it here is one thing. Taking it from here and putting it on a massive platform like twitter is a whole different thing. This isn't a much traveled site and neither are the Saints boards. No one here other than Jax had heard about it. No local media had picked it up nor had the national media. There's no gray area you don't do this to one of your own players on draft day especially. If you do then do it under your own name not the site's name.
It certainly appears that Jax was just educating this board with his post. The NFL teams already knew about Tyjae's knee issues, including the lack of an ACL. Essentially, Jax was just catching us up.