Tyjae Spears

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

winwave wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:05 am
NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:36 am
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:56 pm

Clearly I was wrong when I said tps is the only one here who's never admitted he was wrong. You were dead wrong her but you'll never admit. II. All with trying to give breaking news over being respectful to one of our players. As to the sidebar no one pays any mind to that. If those post on twitter aren't daily they sure have seemed like it lately. Own it.
Own what? Your opinion of how things transpired?

You are a 100% narcissist. “Own it.”
Own your mistake. It was wrong to put an unconfirmed rumor out about a Tulane player on the day he was supposed to get picked. You can be as upset as you want at me for exposing you here but you screwed up royally which is why you got the backlash you did. I did it because as I said most here don't follow on twitter. It's such an obvious mistake you made that it is incredible that you can't step up and own it.
As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing to "own" on my end. I don't feel it was a mistake. God forbid someone have an opinion and action different than yours. (Read narcissist).

And lol, exposing me? What does that even mean? Everyone here and at Tulane, including even Amy and Troy Dannen, both know who I am, this site that I run, and the Twitter account that I control. I don't hide behind a fake name. I show my face at all things Tulane, and honestly, I have nothing to prove to you.

I do find it comical though, the whole "exposing" thing. You're the first one to come to me like a little whiny bitch in my email and direct messages asking me to remove your name from someone else's post or whatnot. Seems to me you're the one afraid of getting exposed, Jeff.

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:30 am
winwave wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:14 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:32 am
Sure the Titans knew. Maybe their fans may not have but like I said earlier it really doesn’t matter. Tyjae will once again prove it on the field as he did here. According to Jax the info was out prior to the draft just because some here didn’t know about it doesn’t change things. If it was on the Saints board a few days before posting here then its open for discussion here. The Titans have a good history with Tulane players and that’s why Tyjae was selected. He’ll be a steal like Drew Brees was for the Saints.

Jax can you provide the link from the Saints board?
Discussing it here is one thing. Taking it from here and putting it on a massive platform like twitter is a whole different thing. This isn't a much traveled site and neither are the Saints boards. No one here other than Jax had heard about it. No local media had picked it up nor had the national media. There's no gray area you don't do this to one of your own players on draft day especially. If you do then do it under your own name not the site's name.
It certainly appears that Jax was just educating this board with his post. The NFL teams already knew about Tyjae's knee issues, including the lack of an ACL. Essentially, Jax was just catching us up.
No one knows that for sure. Him tearing his ACL was known. As to the no ACL claim there has been nothing to this point showing they definitively knew this before the draft. No local story or national story before the draft. It may come but it hasn't yet. Steve himself said it is an unconfirmed rumor when he put it on twitter. That's why he got the backlash. You just don't do that to one of your own. Everyone here was shocked by hearing it and everyone here is a diehard who follows the team closely.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GifWave
Ripple

winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:31 am
winwave wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 7:05 am
NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:36 am
Own what? Your opinion of how things transpired?

You are a 100% narcissist. “Own it.”
Own your mistake. It was wrong to put an unconfirmed rumor out about a Tulane player on the day he was supposed to get picked. You can be as upset as you want at me for exposing you here but you screwed up royally which is why you got the backlash you did. I did it because as I said most here don't follow on twitter. It's such an obvious mistake you made that it is incredible that you can't step up and own it.
As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing to "own" on my end. I don't feel it was a mistake. God forbid someone have an opinion and action different than yours. (Read narcissist).

And lol, exposing me? What does that even mean? Everyone here and at Tulane, including even Amy and Troy Dannen, both know who I am, this site that I run, and the Twitter account that I control. I don't hide behind a fake name. I show my face at all things Tulane, and honestly, I have nothing to prove to you.

I do find it comical though, the whole "exposing" thing. You're the first one to come to me like a little whiny bitch in my email and direct messages asking me to remove your name from someone else's post or whatnot. Seems to me you're the one afraid of getting exposed, Jeff.

Wow. Your childishness about this is shocking.

In your own words you said it was an unconfirmed rumor . You just don't put out unconfirmed rumors, especially one that serious, about one of your own on draft day. You said you git a lot of hate for it. That's the reason why. Yet you won't own it. That's on you.

As to exposing you that was simply about making people here aware of what you had done. I know that most don't follow on twitter and felt they should be aware since it was posted under the sites name.

Then you finish by breaking your own rule. Wow.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

Facebook 5 times bigger than Twitter and it was posted there on the Tulane Alliance Group.
All the comments were positive about how Spears would overcome this obstacle. Nobody criticized the poster.
GifWave
Ripple

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:26 pm Facebook 5 times bigger than Twitter and it was posted there on the Tulane Alliance Group.
All the comments were positive about how Spears would overcome this obstacle. Nobody criticized the poster.
It's a private group so you can't just go on facebook and see what's posted there. So extremely limited viewership. So limited it never got seen by any members of any of our fan forums.
AugWave
Swell

I don't know who runs the twitter page or whatever, but you are single handedly ruining a ton of the work those players and administration have put in over the last few years.

That's all I have to say. I already addressed it on twitter, because I don't hide behind a message board.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

AugWave wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:40 pm I don't know who runs the twitter page or whatever, but you are single handedly ruining a ton of the work those players and administration have put in over the last few years.

That's all I have to say. I already addressed it on twitter, because I don't hide behind a message board.
Really?? “Single handedly ruin”? Must be Academy Awards Time! Don’t be so dramatic l!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

AugWave wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:40 pm I don't know who runs the twitter page or whatever, but you are single handedly ruining a ton of the work those players and administration have put in over the last few years.

Huh? 🧐
Roll Wave!
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:23 pm
Show Me wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 3:26 pm Facebook 5 times bigger than Twitter and it was posted there on the Tulane Alliance Group.
It's a private group so you can't just go on facebook and see what's posted there. So extremely limited viewership. So limited it never got seen by any members of any of our fan forums.
Not true. I saw it on both the Tulane Alliance Group on FB and I saw it on Twitter as well.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Greeniegb
Swell

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:14 pm There must’ve been a break out from the psych ward at Ochsner hospital! HIPPA really? I don’t know what you guys are smoking, but do you know how many rumors they are out there about football players medical conditions! You would have to have the official doctors record and you would have to have released it without the patient’s permission to be a HIPPA violation. Don’t get your panties in a wad! As far as his knee, now, being a target, what a stupid effing statement! Yes, I’m sure this will be the first time a team goes after another players weak spot Give Sean Payton a call!. Give me a break!
Hey dude, I saw it when two Saints tried to take Brett Farve out, one player hit him chest high, the other went for his knees, replays were showed. Totally wrong and weakless, then after Farve handed the ball off a full 2 seconds he was blindsided by a Saint Player. I have never seen Drew Brees cheap shotted like the Saints did Farve and that is why action was justly taken!!!

winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 10:36 pm
winwave wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 4:23 pm
Not true. I saw it on both the Tulane Alliance Group on FB and I saw it on Twitter as well.
Where were you with this when jax first posted it?Not one person here followed right then and said hey that's out there already I have seen it here, here and here. Plus nothing changes the fact that it was deemed an unconfirmed rumor here at the time and that's why people took offense at a Tulane site putting it out on twitter then.
Last edited by winwave on Tue May 02, 2023 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:57 am I dont see him going undrafted, though. Some team is bound to at least take a flyer on him in the 6th or 7th round. Potential is too high not to.
You clearly didn't know it at the time jax posted it.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tyjae Spears rookie contract details

RB
Age 21

Total Value $5,490,614
Signing Bonus $993,174
2023 Cap $998,293
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Imagine that! Tyjae Spears talks about his knee “situation.” Hmm seems the Titans knew all about it!
Gotula.net does it again! All Tulane, All the Time !(and before anyone else😎
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He did talk about it. He says it was operated on.So it was there to be operated on. He didn't say it wasn't there in that article. Nevertheless at the time Steve posted under the banner of this forum he said it was an unconfirmed rumor . That's where the problem was. You don't put out an unconfirmed rumor on one of your own players on the day he was expected to be drafted. Nothing after the fact changes that.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Isn’t a rumor always “unconfirmed?” That’s what makes it a rumor!

ru·mor
/ˈro͞omər/
noun
a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
"they were investigating rumors of a massacre"

I’m certain that NFL teams don’t act on rumors.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Those were Steve's words making it obvious it was not something that should have been splashed on twitter.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:16 am Isn’t a rumor always “unconfirmed?” That’s what makes it a rumor!

ru·mor
/ˈro͞omər/
noun
a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
"they were investigating rumors of a massacre"

I’m certain that NFL teams don’t act on rumors.
This isn't just for DaveBrownStreak, it's for everyone that thinks posting here and on Twitter last Friday was the right thing to do.

Spin it any way you want, but I agree with winwave. I was absolutely disgusted that I posted in a thread that might have a negative impact on one of our best players of all time. I guess others would rather be right or pat themselves on the back as the first to break a story than worry about the impact it might have on OUR player.

Go ahead, attack me for giving a crap about Tyjae. Prove to us all what type of person you are while proving to yourself you're right.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

The information I shared on Twitter proves ZERO to what type of person I am. I have nothing to prove to anyone or "own up to."
Roll Wave!
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

You people are having “delusions of grandeur” i’f you believe that a post on a fan message board swayed or would have swayed a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL ORGANIZATION from selecting a player. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill! This site is MILD compared to most others. So stop it and take it for what it was.