Houston Beats Tulane 80-60

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ed praises the rise of basketball

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

BC Wave wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:44 am
Show Me wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:24 pm
OUG wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:26 pm

Houston not as good as advertised?

Lol what game did you watch
Sweet 16 at best. We are a poorly coached team. Our talent level is not 20pts different. I can’t believe we tried to out 3pt them when our game is going inside. Cook struggling was the biggest reason we got beat. UCF gave Houston a better game. The Cougars just have Hunters number. They defend well whereas we don’t. They had open 3’s and knocked them down. They were off for 5 days straight and studied film on us. Whereas we’ve played a few games in 6 days or so. We faded at the end because we were tired. No fault of the kids. For most of the game Houston looked beatable. Only when we got tired did they pull away. The league is weak this year so they may win out but I’d be surprised to see them in the Final 4 this year.
Moral victory for Hunter as he was happy with the way we played. :cry:
We tried going inside but could not get clear shots.
Too many clean blocks, not counting those defended with contact.
I thought I heard somewhere that Houston blocks 18% of the 2 pt shots attempted against them. That's as athletic as it gets.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:02 pm I thought I heard somewhere that Houston blocks 18% of the 2 pt shots attempted against them. That's as athletic as it gets.
Yeah, I heard that too. I think it was on ESPN+. I thought at the time "that's about the percentage of Jalen Cook's 2 point shots that get blocked." Doesn't stop him, though!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

So much for Houston being all everything. They get beat today on their home court by Temple. Like I said not as good as advertised.
Tulane1111
High Tide

Houston shot 20% less FG % & 3 pt % than in Nola…. And only had half the number of 3’s….shot like they owned the place @ Tulane.

What really got them today was only shooting 50% from the FT line….. still out rebounded Temple.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houston lost it’s #1 spot in the AP. Drops to #3.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981