Pratt for Heisman

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:21 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:29 am One talk track that should be considered is that in contrast with many Heisman candidates, who benefit from an already-successful football program (ie P5) that effectively accelerates their candidacy, Pratt has effectively built his successful football program--a big difference.

"Pratt has been a builder, not a beneficiary."
I couldn't agree with your point more. Pratt has, in effect, built the program to where it is today. Tough concept to sell, but very true.
One season does not make a career, He has to perform just as well in 2023 or forget it. He built one good year that is it for now!!!

Greeniegb
Swell

TURVS71 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:17 am https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2023/1/ ... iams-fritz

Pay attention to the photograph with the caption:

“ Tulane doesn’t win without Michael Pratts heroics”
Only words, Tulane does not win without Tyjae, quit getting ahead of yourselves, Pratt did not do it by himself, Tyjae opened up the passing game, even when he wasnt't running he was a receiver.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:40 pm
One season does not make a career, He has to perform just as well in 2023 or forget it. He built one good year that is it for now!!!
No sh!t mrs Horton! How far do you think this talk will go if the team lays an egg in 2023? About as far as our hopes of getting out of CUSAAC is my answer. But he's given us 3 years of QB play exceeding that of any we've had for a very long time. I know that kills you, but it's his program at this stage of the game. He is the face of Tulane Football.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:45 pm
No sh!t mrs Horton! How far do you think this talk will go if the team lays an egg in 2023? About as far as our hopes of getting out of CUSAAC is my answer. But he's given us 3 years of QB play exceeding that of any we've had for a very long time. I know that kills you, but it's his program at this stage of the game. He is the face of Tulane Football.
What is freaking wrong with you can't stop bringing up Horton, like his folks or others don't see your post knocking him. No one doubts that Pratt has been the face of Tulane football along with Spears, but it has been mixed to this point, good and bad. Giving honest opinions is freedom of speech without persecution. Rattler was a Heisman Candidate at Oklahoma where is he today. We had one great season, but remember coaching changes turned us around last year, most of the coaches are gone except Coach Hester. The jury is out on what the reorganized coaching staff does moving forward. Spears leaving will be a big difference maker in the offense because no one can deny that Spears and Pratt worked together like bread and butter. Hoping the new coaching staff meshes and come together Coach Fritz can't do it all, he relies heavily on his staff.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:30 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:45 pm
What is freaking wrong with you can't stop bringing up Horton, like his folks or others don't see your post knocking him. No one doubts that Pratt has been the face of Tulane football along with Spears, but it has been mixed to this point, good and bad. Giving honest opinions is freedom of speech without persecution. Rattler was a Heisman Candidate at Oklahoma where is he today. We had one great season, but remember coaching changes turned us around last year, most of the coaches are gone except Coach Hester. The jury is out on what the reorganized coaching staff does moving forward. Spears leaving will be a big difference maker in the offense because no one can deny that Spears and Pratt worked together like bread and butter. Hoping the new coaching staff meshes and come together Coach Fritz can't do it all, he relies heavily on his staff.
What is freaking wrong with YOU? Where in my post did I knock Horton? As a matter of fact, I like Kai Horton and think he has a future, I just got sick of you cutting and pasting everything in sight to promote the kid and then re-posting it all across multiple threads. Kai has an arm, and had a pretty decent showing at Houston. As I said at the time, he made some great throws and made some plays that looked like a true Freshman. The game winning TD was a beauty as was his TD to Deuce.

But you're still taking pot shots at Pratt in the post above, so you continue to earn your nickname, mrs. Horton.

You might also try to refrain from bolding your posts. You're not that important. Neither am I so I unbold what I post that includes your quotes. When you do it every post, it's meaningless.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

GBG, this topic is about Pratt for Heisman. If you don't like him, don't agree, or have nothing to contribute to this cause, then stay out of this topic and move on.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Why are some of you getting so bent out of shape? It’s just a little fun. It’s not gonna cost Tulane money and who knows, may get some publicity out of it, so stop being so effing serious, and just enjoy it!
RobertM320
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:29 am One talk track that should be considered is that in contrast with many Heisman candidates, who benefit from an already-successful football program (ie P5) that effectively accelerates their candidacy, Pratt has effectively built his successful football program--a big difference.

I couldn't agree with your point more. Pratt has, in effect, built the program to where it is today. Tough concept to sell, but very true.
The Heisman isn't a CAREER award, its a SINGLE SEASON award. That's why freshman have won it before. But yes, its based on how he performs this season, same as EVERY OTHER PLAYER out there.

Steve, I would also make a point of mentioning the word "ranked" any time you reference the Cincy, UCF or USC games.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Everyone here but one is enjoying it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wrong, gb. One good year in a quarter of a century counts
as building the program, first major bowl game since 1940 counts as building a program, first major bowl win since 1935 counts as building a program, and that’s not counting his taking us to 2 bowl games in 3 years. Yes, he’ll have to have an outstanding year in 2023 to be a Heisman contender, but he’s already built the program and put Tulane on the football map.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:32 pm Everyone here but one is enjoying it.

:2thumbs:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pratt will go down as perhaps the best Tulane QB ever. Beating a Top 10 USC with its Heisman Trophy QB in the Cotton Bowl is a once in a lifetime event for any Tulane FB fan. In addition to that he helped lead the greatest turnaround in collegiate football history from 2-10 to 12-2.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:15 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:32 pm Everyone here but one is enjoying it.

:2thumbs:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:20 pm Pratt will go down as perhaps the best Tulane QB ever. Beating a Top 10 USC with its Heisman Trophy QB in the Cotton Bowl is a once in a lifetime event for any Tulane FB fan. In addition to that he helped lead the greatest turnaround in collegiate football history from 2-10 to 12-2.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
IM42lane
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:20 pm Pratt will go down as perhaps the best Tulane QB ever. Beating a Top 10 USC with its Heisman Trophy QB in the Cotton Bowl is a once in a lifetime event for any Tulane FB fan. In addition to that he helped lead the greatest turnaround in collegiate football history from 2-10 to 12-2.
If Michael QB's Tulane to another conference championship, then, yes, I totally agree.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The final drive of the 2022 season, with 2 fourth down conversions leading to the game winning touchdown with 9 seconds remaining on the biggest stage Tulane has played on in our lifetime does it for me. It solidifies him, in my mind anyway, as the best and most important QB Tulane has had in my lifetime. That was a drive for the ages, one that will stand the test of time for generations to come. It really typified the 2022 season especially since it started with a QB sack.

ROLL WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:19 am The final drive of the 2022 season, with 2 fourth down conversions leading to the game winning touchdown with 9 seconds remaining on the biggest stage Tulane has played on in our lifetime does it for me. It solidifies him, in my mind anyway, as the best and most important QB Tulane has had in my lifetime. That was a drive for the ages, one that will stand the test of time for generations to come. It really typified the 2022 season especially since it started with a QB sack.

ROLL WAVE!
This!!!
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

IM42lane wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:37 pm
If Michael QB's Tulane to another conference championship, then, yes, I totally agree.
Let’s see, so what you’re saying is, let’s start the Heisman campaign after he wins the conference championship in December! what a great idea! Let’s do it!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pratt has an opportunity just like Max Duggan from TCU had this past year...a team with little sustained success, having a banner season and getting some "pub"...Pratt and Tulane, knock off ole miss, win 10 to 12 games, and his name is in the "hat"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If we beat Ole Miss anything shy of 11 regular season wins will be disappointing. This is a cupcake schedule looking at it in March. 7-5 and all thoughts of a Pee invite disappear. We need to win the conference in dominant fashion or risk someone else getting the NY6 bid.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

+1,000,000
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Our Heisman hype here is working!
https://www.si.com/college/mississippis ... hael-pratt
Michael Pratt, Tulane.

Pratt isn't just one of the greatest success stories in college football after being homeschooled and not playing football until high school, he's one of the best quarterbacks in the NCAA heading into the 2023 with a ceiling of being a first-round pick after he played a huge role in leading the Green Wave to the greatest comeback and turnaround in CFB history.

Pratt has it all as a true dual-threat whose pure passing ability came to light with a better offensive line and legitimate supporting cast in 2022 while still showcasing his uncanny ability to evade pressure and make plays on the run.

But while he's still a gifted runner, his focus is on not being reckless about it.

“Definitely had to emphasize a little more discipline of ‘first down get down’ and not trying to do too much on the ground by taking what was there,” Pratt said to me after the win over ECU last season. “Not taking any unnecessary hits and that was a point of focus going into this week especially.”

He finished out the 2023 season with a 63.6% completion rate, 3,010 passing yards, 27 touchdowns and five interceptions. He ran the ball 129 times for 478 yards with 10 touchdowns, establishing a number of career-highs.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

Don’t ever underestimate the power of gotula.net. We all know that “people” pay attention to it.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
GreenLantern
Riptide

If we upset Ole Miss...
if we take care of business with conference games...
if we can escape our nemesis USM at their place...
if Pratt's heroics wins a couple of close games...
if we finish the regular season undefeated...
if Caleb Williams has a couple of soft games...
there is a real chance that Pratt could win.

The media loves this kind of story. I hope Pratt gets the consideration he deserves.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:07 pm If we upset Ole Miss...
if we take care of business with conference games...
if we can escape our nemesis USM at their place...
if Pratt's heroics wins a couple of close games...
if we finish the regular season undefeated...
if Caleb Williams has a couple of soft games...
there is a real chance that Pratt could win.

The media loves this kind of story. I hope Pratt gets the consideration he deserves.
Agree GL. He's getting good pub now and that will continue. We have to start with a 3 TD or more win against S. Bama. Then follow with that win against Ole Miss.