Pratt for Heisman

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Top 10 QB’s in the country The Athletic
By Tier then Alphabetical
https://theathletic.com/4582932/2023/06 ... ed_article

Caleb Williams, USC

Drake Maye, North Carolina
Michael Penix Jr., Washington

Jayden Daniels, LSU
Frank Harris, UTSA
KJ Jefferson, Arkansas
Grayson McCall, Coastal Carolina
J.J. McCarthy, Michigan
Bo Nix, Oregon
Michael Pratt, Tulane
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

Top Ten Heisman Candidates, 9 Quarterbacks, no Pratt!!! All Power5 Schools

Top 10 Heisman Trophy candidates for the 2023 season

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... 2fe5&ei=77
TURVS71
Swell

And TCU wasn’t even ranked in preseason 2022 yet played for the National Championship. Pratt is a definite dark horse coming up on the outside!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Pepper
Swell

Plus who the hell cares about MSN. They do not even relevant in news reporting.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Greeniegb
Swell

Pepper wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:23 pm Plus who the hell cares about MSN. They do not even relevant in news reporting.
My point as we found out last year no one's opinion is relevant at the point, the Heisman will be won or lost on the field. It takes a team, QB, running backs., receivers, offensive lineman and coaching. We can post pro or con articles none of which matters. The season will matter how the new players and coaches mess as a team. One game at a time!!! Please take Coach Fritz's lead, one game at a time, team versus individuals. Results will tell the story, not opinions.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:23 pm Plus who the hell cares about MSN. They do not even relevant in news reporting.
Exactly what I was about to post. Browsing MSN for sports is like going to DraftKings to seek medical advice.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We're all having a lot of fun with this. gbg is too concerned that Pratt is going to fall in love with his press clippings or something, I dunno. But I question whether or not Pratt will have the chance to put up silly numbers that will open enough eyes to the fact that he's a damned fine quarterback. Our running game sets up the passing game, and if we're gaining chunks on the ground, we'll be run-heavy at times. Make no mistake, however, Pratt has given us everything we could have asked for and then some. Regardless of what happens in 2023 Pratt will go down as one of the best we've had, and we've had some very good ones. Letting the game come to him and being happy with wins not statistics is what make him a winner and will carry the Wave to another successful season.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pratt top 7 in the country in RPO
https://theathletic.com/4604716/2023/06 ... ed_article
PLAYER
SCHOOL.
DOWNFIELD THROWS
EPA PER PASS
SUCCESS RATE
OFF TARGET RATE

#1 Drake Maye
North Carolina
62.4%
15.6%

#2 KJ Jefferson
Arkansas
53.0%
13.7%

#3 Caleb Williams
USC
51.3%
17.7%

#4 Jayden Daniels
LSU
61.8%
12.9%

#5 Sam Hartman
Notre Dame
60.8%
15.2%

#6 Riley Leonard
Duke
55.5%
21.4%

#7 Michael Pratt
Tulane
53.0%
16.5%
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

It's interesting how similar most of the OFF TARGET RATES are but there is a noticeable difference in the SUCCESS RATE. The premier programs just have better receivers.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:42 pm It's interesting how similar most of the OFF TARGET RATES are but there is a noticeable difference in the SUCCESS RATE. The premier programs just have better receivers.
Good analysis
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Potential Heisman Trophy Winner to participate once again at the MPA
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb
Swell

Looking good, another great Tulane QB,
When Losman officially bid adieu to UCLA, he touched base with the Miami Hurricanes, Fresno State Bulldogs, Purdue Boilermakers, Michigan Wolverines, and Kansas State Wildcats.
He never committed to any of these teams.

Instead, Losman clicked with Tulane Green Wave head football coach Chris Scelfo.
Attending Tulane University was one of the best decisions J.P. Losman ever made in his life.
“I never would have grown as much as I did at Tulane if I went to UCLA,” he told The Buffalo News.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2021/ ... arterback/

https://www.profootballhistory.com/jp-losman/
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

https://www.nola.com/sports/colleges/ja ... -headlines
Pratt came to Tulane as a lightly recruited three-star prospect and has been so successful that predatory Power Five programs tried to lure him away via the transfer portal this offseason. Pratt turned down the overtures and stuck with the Green Wave for a fourth season, a shining example of the traditional "program guy."

“I love where I’m at,” he said. “This is my fourth year at Tulane. I love it. There’s no reason for me to go anywhere else.”

But in the end, Pratt never entered the portal. The Fear the Wave collective facilitated matters by rewarding Pratt with some financial opportunities, sources close to the program said last week. At Tulane, the collective is being used to incentivize — and, in the case of Pratt, retain — athletes who are successful in the school's athletic programs.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Why he stayed at Tulane
https://tulanian.tulane.edu/spring-2023 ... tt-returns
“This is my home,” he said. “It’s where my friends and family are. I love the coaching staff. I love New Orleans. I love the relationships I have here. And I know I wouldn’t have that anywhere else.”

He said his friend Jared Moorer, a cornerback who transferred to Tulane this year from Charleston Southern, may have put it best. “He said, ‘Everyone on this team is a genuinely good person.’ That’s a reflection on Coach Fritz and the standards he has set for this team.”
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell

I’ve stated that winning would solve everything. The bitch slapping over little things doesn’t matter. But, I missed a very important thing. This team has a character that should be ballyhooed as much as winning. Watch how our players hand the ball back to the refs. That’s character that you don’t see much today in this narcissistic world. Thanks coaches for building this in our team. Of course, winning is still important 😁😳
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:05 pm I’ve stated that winning would solve everything. The bitch slapping over little things doesn’t matter. But, I missed a very important thing. This team has a character that should be ballyhooed as much as winning. Watch how our players hand the ball back to the refs. That’s character that you don’t see much today in this narcissistic world. Thanks coaches for building this in our team. Of course, winning is still important 😁😳
I could not agree more. There are very few headline-making troublesome incidents, and these are young men that represent our University in a manner we all can take a lot of pride in. Thank you Coach Fritz.

ROLL WAVE!
Jaxwave
Swell

A perfect example of this is the lack of transfers and graduate departures after the 2-10 season. They obviously like Willie and their teammates.
Dave breslin
Swell

I think the real coaching this year is to not get the BIG HEAD syndrome and keep them hungry. They need to know that they are a talented group that can win if they play like they are capable of….
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:21 am I think the real coaching this year is to not get the BIG HEAD syndrome and keep them hungry. They need to know that they are a talented group that can win if they play like they are capable of….
I agree...Coach Hester, do your thing !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

"has been so successful that predatory Power Five programs tried to lure him away via the transfer portal this offseason."

I still think this is an issue that needs to be addressed. I get it that if a kid enters the portal, he's fair game. But if you approach him BEFORE he's officially entered the portal, there needs to be some severe penalties. Maybe a $1M fine to the University and a one year bowl ban for the school, and the kid forced to sit out a year if its clear they spoke to someone in advance. Example. Kid enters the portal and 24 hours later has already committed to another school. You know there was tampering.

At least make the kids enter the portal if they want to talk to other schools, and make schools leave them alone UNTIL they enter the portal.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
MicMan
Swell

Tennessee just fined more than $8 million for over 200 infractions in football program. The sprawling report said Tennessee committed 18 Level I violations, the most severe, and said most involved recruiting infractions and direct payments to athletes and their families — benefits that totaled approximately $60,000.

But no postseason ban, so who cares?

A bowl ban is the only thing that gets anyone's attention. But the NCAA can't ban a school from the CFP, because it's not their party.