Pratt for Heisman

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:40 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:07 pm If we upset Ole Miss...
if we take care of business with conference games...
if we can escape our nemesis USM at their place...
if Pratt's heroics wins a couple of close games...
if we finish the regular season undefeated...
if Caleb Williams has a couple of soft games...
there is a real chance that Pratt could win.

The media loves this kind of story. I hope Pratt gets the consideration he deserves.
Agree GL. He's getting good pub now and that will continue. We have to start with a 3 TD or more win against S. Bama. Then follow with that win against Ole Miss.
If all that happened he'd be a legit candidate for sure! I'm trying to decide do I bring my boys down in the heat of early September to see Ole Miss or late season to see UTEP when the weather should be awesome?

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:50 pm

The media loves this kind of story. I hope Pratt gets the consideration he deserves.
Agree GL. He's getting good pub now and that will continue. We have to start with a 3 TD or more win against S. Bama. Then follow with that win against Ole Miss.
If all that happened he'd be a legit candidate for sure! I'm trying to decide do I bring my boys down in the heat of early September to see Ole Miss or late season to see UTEP when the weather should be awesome?
With this hype we should see a packed stadium for the Spring Game on Sat. all talk and no action is pathetic, be there or be square.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:50 pm

Come for the big game. A lot more excitement. Hopefully TV gives us the evening time slot.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:45 am Ranked #1 here
https://mikefarrellsports.com/college/r ... ks-in-2023
Really nice recognition for Tulane and Pratt.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:07 am
Really nice recognition for Tulane and Pratt.
Yes indeed!
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

Mike Farrell was a fine actor, good to see he's got something going after M*A*S*H!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:51 am Mike Farrell was a fine actor, good to see he's got something going after M*A*S*H!
He married well also
Farrell has been married to his wife, Shelley Fabares Since 1984. :lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

2 0f the 5 are in the AAC.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:27 am
Remember pulling for Michael is the right thing to do. But preseason polls and rankings don't mean a thing. What were we ranked in last year's polls? God forbid its a long season injury happen, etc. I have cautious optimism, but you are only as good as your last play. A quarterback is only as good as his line, receivers, running backs and coaches. This is 2023 not 2022. different players and coaches. Will we have someone as good as Spears to have the defense focus on. If the defense focuses on the passing attack, it becomes a different ball game. The focus on 2022 was Tyjae Spears!!!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:53 pm Remember pulling for Michael is the right thing to do. But preseason polls and rankings don't mean a thing. What were we ranked in last year's polls? God forbid its a long season injury happen, etc. I have cautious optimism, but you are only as good as your last play. A quarterback is only as good as his line, receivers, running backs and coaches. This is 2023 not 2022. different players and coaches. Will we have someone as good as Spears to have the defense focus on. If the defense focuses on the passing attack, it becomes a different ball game. The focus on 2022 was Tyjae Spears!!!
Why don't you go start a Horton for Heisman thread and talk to yourself there. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Contribute to this thread constructively, or just lurk.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:53 pm
Remember pulling for Michael is the right thing to do. But preseason polls and rankings don't mean a thing. What were we ranked in last year's polls? God forbid its a long season injury happen, etc. I have cautious optimism, but you are only as good as your last play. A quarterback is only as good as his line, receivers, running backs and coaches. This is 2023 not 2022. different players and coaches. Will we have someone as good as Spears to have the defense focus on. If the defense focuses on the passing attack, it becomes a different ball game. The focus on 2022 was Tyjae Spears!!!
So what's your point gb? You could plug in and replace Pratt's name with most Heisman-winning QBs and your statement would be equally true--hence it's really a non-statement. Pratt is recognized by many, not just Tulane fans, to be differentially much better than the vast majority of college QBs. What's the point of rambling generic statements that just talk around and avoid that simple fact?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
TURVS71
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:36 pm
So what's your point gb? You could plug in and replace Pratt's name with most Heisman-winning QBs and your statement would be equally true--hence it's really a non-statement. Pratt is recognized by many, not just Tulane fans, to be differentially much better than the vast majority of college QBs. What's the point of rambling generic statements that just talk around and avoid that simple fact?
Well we all know that preseason rankings don’t mean a thing, ( Last year preseason Tulane not ranked. Final ranking #9. Also remember TCU was not ranked to playing for the Nat’l championship) So iI don’t get where you are going. That being said:

Going into 2023, we have many returning players. We have experience on how to win. We have experience on coming back from being way down to win. We don’t have as tough a schedule as 2022. We have one of the best quarterbacks in the country with much more experience now than last year. So again, I don’t know where you going with this statement. I am optimistic about a very, very very good season and I’ feel we have a very realistic possibility for a trip to Tempe, Arizona.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Greeniegb
Swell

My point echos Coach Fritz, this is a new year, different players, different coaches, Coach wants the same fire that won last year again this year, it does not happen bragging on last year. He does not want his players getting ahead of themselves, like someone in the stands yelling at Pratt as the Heisman winner really. And to the idiot mentioning Horton, I was disappointed in him the interception and then throwing the ball into the ground over the middle looked like the interception got to him. Winners don't get big headed; fans need to understand big headedness leads to disappointment. I am tired of you fair weather fans that now got big headed all of a sudden. For years I had to put up with your doom and gloom. Now I was right but levelheaded and will be happy where we are as I ran high fiving on Westfield for the Championship game and at Dallas dancing around Texas live and yelling til I was hoarse at the game. [/b]
Remember Coach's philosophy 1-0
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I get what gbg is saying. Every year is a different team, a different entity. It's like one child to the next with the same gene pool. Yeah, it should work out great, all indications are we have the making of a very good or possibly great team. But 2023 will have it's own identity, it's a unique team, and yes, players have changed, coaches have changed opponents have changed and right now the 2023 team is 0 and 0.

Now as far as Pratt goes, he's no different than any other Heisman Hopeful. He has to play well and have his supporting cast perform well to even be considered a candidate. Let's have fun hoping he does and we can get louder with our campaign as the season progresses!

Roll 7 Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:23 pm I get what gbg is saying. Every year is a different team, a different entity. It's like one child to the next with the same gene pool. Yeah, it should work out great, all indications are we have the making of a very good or possibly great team. But 2023 will have it's own identity, it's a unique team, and yes, players have changed, coaches have changed opponents have changed and right now the 2023 team is 0 and 0.

Now as far as Pratt goes, he's no different than any other Heisman Hopeful. He has to play well and have his supporting cast perform well to even be considered a candidate. Let's have fun hoping he does and we can get louder with our campaign as the season progresses!

Roll 7 Wave!
Roll Wave, :D :D :D
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:28 pm

My point echos Coach Fritz, this is a new year, different players, different coaches, Coach wants the same fire that won last year again this year, it does not happen bragging on last year. He does not want his players getting ahead of themselves, like someone in the stands yelling at Pratt as the Heisman winner really. And to the idiot mentioning Horton, I was disappointed in him the interception and then throwing the ball into the ground over the middle looked like the interception got to him. Winners don't get big headed; fans need to understand big headedness leads to disappointment. I am tired of you fair weather fans that now got big headed all of a sudden. For years I had to put up with your doom and gloom. Now I was right but levelheaded and will be happy where we are as I ran high fiving on Westfield for the Championship game and at Dallas dancing around Texas live and yelling til I was hoarse at the game. [/b]
Remember Coach's philosophy 1-0
Indeed, gb. Every year is different, and every team is different. But that in no way negates a school from promoting an especially accomplished player from being a Heisman, or any other award, candidate. If Tulane and/or fans believe we should promote Pratt as a Heisman candidate, his personal performance certainly warrants it. What the team will be in 2023 versus what it was in 2022 is a completely different discussion.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

There is legit nothing wrong with hyping up any Tulane player for the Heisman or any award and accolades for which they are deserving or have an opportunity to earn, no matter the odds. It's what ANY team with a player of that caliber does.

For the first time, IN A LONG TIME, we finally have an amazing season to hang our hats on, and more importantly, another season coming up to build on that momentum and reach even newer heights.

I'd want the people surrounding me who lifted me up and thought I could, vs. those who shot me down and told me why I couldn't, and shouldn't.
Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:34 am
Awesome!
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

Whatever. Ole Miss is too early and the schedule's too weak.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:34 am
Thanks for sharing that. Great start!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:09 am Whatever. Ole Miss is too early and the schedule's too weak.
Great contribution.
Roll Wave!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:50 am
MicMan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:09 am Whatever. Ole Miss is too early and the schedule's too weak.
Great contribution.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
TURVS71
Swell

Great contribution.

Why do I keep hearing the Looney Tunes song in my head over and over.???
As Archie Bunker would say: "You are a Meathead! Dead from the neck up!"
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:09 am
Great contribution.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
weak schudles...look no further than Andre Ware's vaulted 1989 schedule or Ty Detmer's 1990's BYU's gauntlet ....Ware lost two games and Detmer 3, during their HypMan trophy years.... each played played 2 teams that were ranked at some point during the year, only 1 was in the top 10, that was BYU vs Miaimi first game of the year
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !