Tulane Beats USC 46-45 to win the Cotton Bowl!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
torbida
Surge

So Proud of them, they never quit and found a way

Ruski
Swell

I can't believe this is real life. I truly cannot believe this.

ROLL MOTHEREFFIN WAVE!

I'm crying. So many emotions.

Had to look up who the heck Bauman was earlier in the game. Can't believe a true freshman with 5 catches on the year came up so big in the biggest moment! ROLL BAUMAN ROLL WAVE!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:12 pm I can't believe this is real life. I truly cannot believe this.

ROLL MOTHEREFFIN WAVE!

I'm crying. So many emotions.

Had to look up who the heck Bauman was earlier in the game. Can't believe a true freshman with 5 catches on the year came up so big in the biggest moment! ROLL BAUMAN ROLL WAVE!
Yes, this is real life! So many people who didn't make it to see this day. This win is for everyone!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
frpaulnola
Ripple

Fritz is the GOAT of TU Football coaches! Go Fritz! :D
Roll Wave!
A&S '83
Instructor @ TU 2005
RobertM320
Green Wave

This team NEVER GAVE UP. They NEVER doubted themselves. When Tyjae fumbled, they could have given up. When we reached 4th down on that last drive, we didn't give up. This has to be the biggest win in school history. Beating a top ten team in a New Years Six Bowl game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

frpaulnola wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:14 pm Fritz is the GOAT of TU Football coaches! Go Fritz! :D
PAY THE MAN! WHATEVER HE WANTS!
Wave755
Tsunami

The view from Los Angeles: https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/live ... highlights

And, L.A.’s television market has 17.2 million viewers!😂
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:15 pm This team NEVER GAVE UP. They NEVER doubted themselves. When Tyjae fumbled, they could have given up. When we reached 4th down on that last drive, we didn't give up. This has to be the biggest win in school history. Beating a top ten team in a New Years Six Bowl game.
The fight to the finish is not the Tulane I know. And that maybe makes this win even better than we had rolled the whole game!
Ruski
Swell

I think I need to guy buy a lottery ticket....

Houma de Wave
Swell

Alex Batman interviewed by Ed Daniels. Ed had to ask him to introduce himself…Ed didn’t know who he was! Baumann will get even better. He’s only a freshman.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Houma de Wave wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:45 pm Alex Baumann interviewed by Ed Daniels. Ed had to ask him to introduce himself…Ed didn’t know who he was! Baumann will get even better. He’s only a freshman.
Ruski
Swell

😍

RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:44 pm I think I need to guy buy a lottery ticket....

Nice!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Biggest win in program history, yes or no? If no, what is?
greenphantom
Swell

Bauman had both the biggest drop and the biggest catch in Tulane history. Had he caught the ball on the play before the TD, game over
cigarman66
Ripple

They never gave up! Came up big on that safety. No they never sacked the Heisman winner, but that safety made up for that. Such a huge play. Then Pratt did his best of the game, though he had many big plays, to get it down there for the chance to win, Bauman is a freshman. He will get even better in the next few years. Willie is the man. 8-)

I never thought I'd live to see this day. Winning a new years game? That is what TU did back in the 1930's - not in my lifetime. I teared up big time as I watch Dorian and Tajae get their recognition as players of the game. So glad they recognized that Tajae, and not Caleb, was the player of the game! :)

The future is bright for the first time in a long, long time for TU football. :mrgreen:
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:01 pm Biggest win in program history, yes or no? If no, what is?
What could possibly trump it?

Regular season wins over LSU? Sugar bowl over Temple? Liberty Bowl over BYU?

For me, the combination of it being a Bowl Win and the prestige of the Cotton Bowl plus the prestige of USC, makes this at least tied for 1st place. You could maybe convince me winning SEC or winning the Sugar Bowl are equally impressive. But for me this at least ties for 1st place!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:58 pm Let’s Roll Wave!!

The Wave Nation has showed up loud and proud! Now let’s win the second half and the GAME!!!

Glad to meet D in person!!!
Bump
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

cigarman66 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:08 pm They never gave up! Came up big on that safety. No they never sacked the Heisman winner, but that safety made up for that. Such a huge play. Then Pratt did his best of the game, though he had many big plays, to get it down there for the chance to win, Bauman is a freshman. He will get even better in the next few years. Willie is the man. 8-)

I never thought I'd live to see this day. Winning a new years game? That is what TU did back in the 1930's - not in my lifetime. I teared up big time as I watch Dorian and Tajae get their recognition as players of the game. So glad they recognized that Tajae, and not Caleb, was the player of the game! :)

The future is bright for the first time in a long, long time for TU football. :mrgreen:
So cool for Tyjae!!!

Please someone ask one of the richer alumn to throw a $1.5 million dollar NIL deal at him and get him to stay one last year!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:01 pm Biggest win in program history, yes or no? If no, what is?
Tied with the 14-0 win over LSU in 1973 to break the 24 year streak of no wins for us.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I so love this team! No quit l! When we were down 15 I told my wife and daughter that whoever wins gets the MVP!!!
JDTulane
Riptide

Roll wave :)
Wave755
Tsunami

Ruski wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:52 pm 😍

Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!🏆
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:25 pm
Tied with the 14-0 win over LSU in 1973 to break the 24 year streak of no wins for us.
I still think this was bigger, because of where our program has been the past 50 years, the game being a New Years Day bowl, and the opponent being a football blueblood and a Top 10 team. The win against LSU would be second to me.
RobertM320
Green Wave

cigarman66 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:08 pm They never gave up! Came up big on that safety. No they never sacked the Heisman winner, but that safety made up for that. Such a huge play. Then Pratt did his best of the game, though he had many big plays, to get it down there for the chance to win, Bauman is a freshman. He will get even better in the next few years. Willie is the man. 8-)

That safety was the game. I knew when we got that safety that we'd come back down and score again. And I think USC knew it too.