Tulane Beats USC 46-45 to win the Cotton Bowl!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Parker Waters had some AMAZING shots from the Cotton Bowl. This one is my favorite!

Ok, so I have no technical skills (despite selling software for 15 years!) when it comes to posting photos here. Here's the link, the shot I love are actually 3 or 4 around the first which is Patrick Jenkins belly up on SC RB Austin Jones. https://greenwave.exposure.co/2023-cott ... nzwoamkq7j

Also, I discovered earlier today that the Cotton Bowl App, which was on my phone from the game, has photos they let you download. Some good ones there, too.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
VanceWGreen
Ripple

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:33 pm
anEngineer wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:31 pm And still, no congratulations from Scott Cowen?
Thank you, Doc.
And the man who laid the foundation was glued to the TV: Mr. Dickson hasn't forgotten us. And the new coach appears to be following the Dickson model with a "developmental program." And if Mr. Dickson is able to implement something like "the playbook" at Tulsa....look out!
https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/t ... 76b80.html
HoustonWave
Tsunami

VanceWGreen wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:46 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:33 pm
anEngineer wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:31 pm And still, no congratulations from Scott Cowen?
Thank you, Doc.
And the man who laid the foundation was glued to the TV: Mr. Dickson hasn't forgotten us. And the new coach appears to be following the Dickson model with a "developmental program." And if Mr. Dickson is able to implement something like "the playbook" at Tulsa....look out!
https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/t ... 76b80.html
Oh My Lord--the Vancester is back!!! Just when we thought we had seen it all this year.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looking good.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:40 pm
Great! I passed on taking a pic with it at the Cotton Bowl because of the huge lines. I took one with the USC tire instead because there was no line. Lol.
Needs to go front and center inside the Wilson Center Atrium!!!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Two weeks after the game, still cannot get enough!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:59 am

Two weeks after the game, still cannot get enough!
Absolutely!! We need this thread to pass the Tanner Lee one for sure!
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

More accolades...

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:24 pm Parker Waters had some AMAZING shots from the Cotton Bowl. This one is my favorite!

Ok, so I have no technical skills (despite selling software for 15 years!) when it comes to posting photos here. Here's the link, the shot I love are actually 3 or 4 around the first which is Patrick Jenkins belly up on SC RB Austin Jones. https://greenwave.exposure.co/2023-cott ... nzwoamkq7j

Also, I discovered earlier today that the Cotton Bowl App, which was on my phone from the game, has photos they let you download. Some good ones there, too.
https://express.adobe.com/page/APeSCALWG9urZ/
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:21 am
DfromCT wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:24 pm Parker Waters had some AMAZING shots from the Cotton Bowl. This one is my favorite!

https://express.adobe.com/page/APeSCALWG9urZ/
Patrick Jenkins needs a framed copy of that displayed for the rest of his life.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

a well written article from UnderDawg Dynasty
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2023/1/ ... iams-fritz
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link golf. Enjoyed it.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:48 pm a well written article from UnderDawg Dynasty
I can't remember the last time there was We Are Marshall type of movie that was made. But man, the 2021-2022 season Tulane teams really deserve it.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:52 am
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:48 pm a well written article from UnderDawg Dynasty
I can't remember the last time there was We Are Marshall type of movie that was made. But man, the 2021-2022 season Tulane teams really deserve it.
C'mon...ya don't remember that football classic "Necessary Roughness" filmed on the campus of new AAC member UNT...the film also inspired Southwest Texas State to change it's name to the one used in the movie "Texas State"....UTSA, take note, change to University of San Antonio
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necessary ... ess_(film)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

There’s going to be a book written (maybe a movie comes out based on the book). I was contacted yesterday about giving an interview with the author.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:35 am
There’s going to be a book written (maybe a movie comes out based on the book). I was contacted yesterday about giving an interview with the author.
Scott Bakula.... as Willie Fritz

Looka like Brian Stelter..... as Troy Dannen

Fred Thompson.... as Mike Fitts

Chris Rock as.......Coach Hampton
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

There's got to be a movie, or at the very minimum an ESPN 30 for 30 or some other documentary made. I'm surprised 60 minutes never picked up on our Green Wave! It's a tremendous real-life story that screams out to be told. And the little-known, behind-the-scenes stories are endless. Why Pratt wears #7, for example. I hope the author of the book interviews players and we find out what was said between Willie Fritz and the team on the Sunday before the AAC Championship game.

I'm still pinching myself three weeks after the Cotton Bowl, hoping I don't wake up to find out it was all a very special dream! We won the GD Cotton Bowl! The finest moment in my Tulane fandom history, without a doubt. What a ROLL!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:00 am

Yes!!!
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:02 am There's got to be a movie, or at the very minimum an ESPN 30 for 30 or some other documentary made. I'm surprised 60 minutes never picked up on our Green Wave! It's a tremendous real-life story that screams out to be told. And the little-known, behind-the-scenes stories are endless. Why Pratt wears #7, for example. I hope the author of the book interviews players and we find out what was said between Willie Fritz and the team on the Sunday before the AAC Championship game.

I'm still pinching myself three weeks after the Cotton Bowl, hoping I don't wake up to find out it was all a very special dream! We won the GD Cotton Bowl! The finest moment in my Tulane fandom history, without a doubt. What a ROLL!
More interesting would be what was said in the players only meeting after he addressed the team.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:31 am

Yes!!!
"The Rock' as...Kurt Hester

and just an fyi.....Fred Thompson played the School prez in the movie Necessary Roughness.. I was lucky enuff to meet Kathy Ireland, she sponsored an LPGA tour event in Austin... I was fortunate enuff to be the "starter" on the first tee and intro the Players for each event....
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:41 am
tpstulane wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:31 am

Yes!!!
"The Rock' as...Kurt Hester

and just an fyi.....Fred Thompson played the School prez in the movie Necessary Roughness.. I was lucky enuff to meet Kathy Ireland, she sponsored an LPGA tour event in Austin... I was fortunate enuff to be the "starter" on the first tee and intro the Players for each event....
Cool
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Unfortunately, Fred Thompson is dead.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

It sure would be nice if we could find a way to drop photos into posts without needing to use the offsite hoster.

I mean, Twitter can do it.