Tulane Beats USC 46-45 to win the Cotton Bowl!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
greenie78
Riptide

I'm having withdrawals from this weekend and the game. Hard to be at work today. Keeping wanting to watch highlights.

Wave755
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:48 pm I'm having withdrawals from this weekend and the game. Hard to be at work today. Keeping wanting to watch highlights.
A BIG +1
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The "withdrawals" from that game will last years--probably all our remaining years.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:17 pm The "withdrawals" from that game will last years--probably all our remaining years.
It's a problem I will live (and die) with!

ROLL FUCKING WAVE ROLL!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenie78
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:54 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:17 pm The "withdrawals" from that game will last years--probably all our remaining years.
It's a problem I will live (and die) with!

ROLL FUCKING WAVE ROLL!
Oh man the withdrawals are really bad right now :lol:

I keep wishing we were still at the stadium right now celebrating surrounded by the sea of olive and blue. One of my greatest memories.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave fans, meet now famous Nail-biting girl Tulane fan - New York Post. https://nypost.com/2023/01/04/tulane-fa ... wl-moment/
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:10 pm Wave fans, meet now famous Nail-biting girl Tulane fan - New York Post. https://nypost.com/2023/01/04/tulane-fa ... wl-moment/
I was on my FYP yesterday and her TikTok popped up on my feed. I also saw the original one posted that led to her duet. She went from 800 followers to over 100K. Here’s her referenced TikTok
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRbtMxDd/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Eaglewave
Swell

Wave QB wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:49 am I just got back to my hotel after partying like it’s 1999. The view from the Tulane sideline was absolutely amazing! USC had no clue that the Tulane fan base could show up and show out like that. What’s an amazing day! Spears is the man! I am so proud of him! Michael Pratt is a Warrior! He encouraged the offense and defense from start to finish no matter what happened. You could see it in this kids eyes, he never thought for a second that we were going to lose. Congratulations to the Wave Nation, and Coach Willie Fritz.

Shoutout to Winwave for calling this double digit winning season, and to Eaglewave for believing that Fritz would be a Head Coach at Tulane that could go to multiple Bowl Games at Tulane and land a major Bowl game here and there from the beginning of his tenure. I have to give props when they are due.

Hey man, thanks! While that 2-10 season scared the hell out of me, I knew that Fritz could win big at Tulane. I look forward to seeing what he is going to do in the American going forward. As I explained to before, I saw him being a consistent 6-8 win guy that will toss in a big 9+ win season every so often, but now, the new American Athletic Conference will give him a chance to win a few Conference Championships. That Cotton Bowl win was a big deal, and I expect us to feed off of that. We are losing a lot of gas we this departing team, but we need to make the we have more fuel in the tank. I am looking forward to seeing what this next class looks like after this Cotton Bowl performance.
Ball Sumrall!
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:01 am
Wave755 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:10 pm Wave fans, meet now famous Nail-biting girl Tulane fan - New York Post. https://nypost.com/2023/01/04/tulane-fa ... wl-moment/
I was on my FYP yesterday and her TikTok popped up on my feed. I also saw the original one posted that led to her duet. She went from 800 followers to over 100K. Here’s her referenced TikTok
She is now @ about 675K! :D
anEngineer
Riptide

I really do not think we will be in the AAC long enough to win "a few more" AAC championships. We will move on to better things.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:40 am
tpstulane wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:01 am
She is now @ about 675K! :D
Wow. The power of social media is insane
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

What a world we live in. In 1980 if you had told me that we would win the Cotton Bowl but of almost equal interest, nearly a million folks wanted to learn more about a girl biting her fingernails…. I would have been speechless.
MicMan
Swell

USC's defense ranked in the low 100s. Tulane offense got better and better down the stretch. I had no doubt that the Wave would win a shootout.

(Though I didn't say so here.)
GreenRiver
Ripple

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:23 am What a world we live in. In 1980 if you had told me that we would win the Cotton Bowl but of almost equal interest, nearly a million folks wanted to learn more about a girl biting her fingernails…. I would have been speechless.
Pamela Anderson was discovered on a jumbotron in 1989 at a BC Lions football game. Good luck to this young lady and I hope she can capitalize on it!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I'm having a great day on the Northshore today being a Tulane fan. I spent an hour before working out at the gym getting congratulations from people that know I'm a diehard including many LSU fans. Then I went to RaceTrac to get a drink and I have my Angry Wave hat on and girl behind the counter asks me, "Is that a Ponchatoula Wave or a Tulane Green Wave"? I said "Tulane" and everyone in line clapped was so nice and happy to congratulate me. Then one guy tells me he's a Tulane student and he went to every home game this year but the Cotton Bowl. He had two free tickets but didn't go. He's so mad about that now. All his buddies are giving him a hard time.
Roll Wave!
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

It has been said on social media, though not often enough, that this win's for Devon.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:42 am I really do not think we will be in the AAC long enough to win "a few more" AAC championships. We will move on to better things.
I certainly hope you are right. We might need another NY6 game, though. The crowd at this game might be the best thing that happened to Tulane. Possibly bigger than the incredible win, as far as conference invites go. Every season is a new team, a new entity if you will. If you polled us right now how many games we thought the Wave would win in 2023 (not including the Cotton Bowl) most of us would say 10 or more! But we don't know what next fall will bring, what mojo the team will have or if they can crank it up again. Look at last year's Super Bowl Champs.

I'm still letting this one sink in. Let's do it again!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Here's Lincoln Riley after the game. Apologies if it's been posted already.

https://youtu.be/0pRsn0hAS8A

The first three minutes, Lincoln Riley being congratulatory to Tulane while obviously disappointed, says it all. I didn't bother with the rest.
anEngineer
Riptide

During his hour-long interview with Corey Gloor on the weekly podcast, Coach Fritz talked about how classy Coach Riley was after the game. He said they are not all like that.
Ruski
Swell

My 2nd favorite play of the game. For a childish reasons 👶

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:10 pm It has been said on social media, though not often enough, that this win's for Devon.
Tulane Class of 1981
dz1
Ripple

After watching the safety a few more times, number 55 Noah needs some recognition for his effort. He absolutely blows up two USC linemen. This causes the running back to spin right into Jenkins.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

dz1 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:47 am After watching the safety a few more times, number 55 Noah needs some recognition for his effort. He absolutely blows up two USC linemen. This causes the running back to spin right into Jenkins.
Play ball with Noah's grandfather (Robert/Bobby) at Metry playground...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !