Tyler Grubbs

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Transfers in from La. Tech. He has 2 years of eligibility left:

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

This kid is a stud. I tried to get Tulane on to him out of high school. He's a tackling machine.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Jaxwave
Swell

What are his measurables?Forty time?
Pepper
Swell

6'1 223
sslatten
Low Tide

The only measurable that matters is he's avg 9-10 tackles per game since starting as a Freshman (very similar measurables as Dorian). UCF/Malzhan was pushing hard for him so this was a great get/win.
TURVS71
Swell

sslatten wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:54 am The only measurable that matters is he's avg 9-10 tackles per game since starting as a Freshman (very similar measurables as Dorian). UCF/Malzhan was pushing hard for him so this was a great get/win.
You mean the AAC conference runners-up? Sorry, couldn’t resist!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
RobertM320
Green Wave

TURVS71 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:40 am
sslatten wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:54 am The only measurable that matters is he's avg 9-10 tackles per game since starting as a Freshman (very similar measurables as Dorian). UCF/Malzhan was pushing hard for him so this was a great get/win.
You mean the AAC conference runners-up? Sorry, couldn’t resist!
Shouldn't we be expecting to get kids higher up than what the AAC conference runner up is looking at? lol j/k
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Good to get him over a P5.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

A Louisiana Tech transfer is embracing a winning culture with Tulane football
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/loui ... 70b64.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

since he is a potal transfer, I decided not to make another thread
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... offseason/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

On difference from what a HS recruit and a transfer look for:

"The high school kid wants to know if y'all have flat screens in the locker room, how many uniform combinations you have, how many people does the stadium hold?" Carrington said. "The transfer is going for an opportunity. He doesn't care what you've got in the locker room. He's been sitting on the bench at Georgia for three years and wants to go somewhere where he can get on the field and have an opportunity to earn money on Sundays."
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

I am still amazed that Tyler Grubbs was only offered by La.Tech, UL-Monroe, Northwestern St., Nicholls St. South Alabama, SLU & USM. https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/t ... 94?view=pv
And, he was right under our nose at Holy Cross?
Grubbs is a great addition to the team, he seems to either be making a tackle or disrupting every play of the opposing team. And, he loves being at Tulane. We have a really fun team to watch & follow. This is a great era for Tulane football. Grubbs is already a fan favorite on defense and he just “fell into our lap.”
Greeniegb
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:17 am I am still amazed that Tyler Grubbs was only offered by La.Tech, UL-Monroe, Northwestern St., Nicholls St. South Alabama, SLU & USM. https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/t ... 94?view=pv
Grubbs is a great addition to the team, he seems to either be making a tackle or disrupting every play of the opposing team. And, he loves being at Tulane. We have a really fun team to watch & follow. This is a great era for Tulane football. Grubbs is already a fan favorite on defense and he just “fell into our lap.”
Probably shouldn't say it but grades was the reason he couldn't get in Tulane, straightened them out at La. Tech knowing he wanted to be at Tulane!!!
Wave755
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:46 am
Wave755 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:17 am I am still amazed that Tyler Grubbs was only offered by La.Tech, UL-Monroe, Northwestern St., Nicholls St. South Alabama, SLU & USM. https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/t ... 94?view=pv
Probably shouldn't say it but grades was the reason he couldn't get in Tulane, straightened them out at La. Tech knowing he wanted to be at Tulane!!!
Thanks for the explanation. Glad it wasn’t that our recruiting was “asleep at the switch” concerning Grubbs.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It wasn't about grades. Typical gbg BS.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:04 am It wasn't about grades. Typical gbg BS.
I agree, he went to a Catholic/Private School...no way it was grades
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Can you imagine what our defense would have been like this season with Grubbs AND Platt at LB?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Pepper
Swell

As usual, you are 100% wrong. Tulane was late getting on him and he stuck with his commitment to LT. I know his family and grades were never an issue. Stick to Carthage.
Greeniegb
Swell

Pepper wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:45 pm
As usual, you are 100% wrong. Tulane was late getting on him and he stuck with his commitment to LT. I know his family and grades were never an issue. Stick to Carthage.
Not totally wrong my comment was based off of an interview with Tyler where he said he was not ready for Tulane coming out of high school and had to learn how to hit the books at La, Tech.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Greeniegb wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:36 pm
Pepper wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:45 pm

Not totally wrong my comment was based off of an interview with Tyler where he said he was not ready for Tulane coming out of high school and had to learn how to hit the books at La, Tech.
That's completely wrong, not just a little bit. You could have the grades to get in, but also know that you're not prepared to study at the level Tulane would require. You have zero evidence to show he had bad high school grades.
anEngineer
Riptide

Is this conversation really relevant? He's here now and his grades 3 years ago are no longer anyone else's concern.
Greeniegb
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:31 pm Is this conversation really relevant? He's here now and his grades 3 years ago are no longer anyone else's concern.
It is relevant when someone questions why he was not recruited by Tulane!!! We always have conversations about our strict academic standards so that conversation makes it relevant if La. Tech will except athletes we don't.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)