AAC + Future AAC

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

arkhou02 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:05 am
UCF is a dump. Should have never been invited to Big 12. We have so much more to offer. And if we get P5 money, watch out. People are certainly on notice and see the potential. Quit whining about next year. We have a great coach, a great recruiting class, and depth across the board. And Tulane fans are excited. Players are excited and coming back to play for the Tulane community. This will continue because WF is in charge. Roll Wave!!!
Calling it a dump assures me you've never been on their campus or inside their facilities. Ignorance is bliss apparently. UCF showed that they were committed to big-time athletics. Tulane has used every opportunity to show the same commitment and instead put its nose in the air and claim academic superiority or worse, made a half-assed attempt. We're doing it as you read this today. And not for nothing, UCF has a fan base that dwarfs ours. They graduate more every year than our enrollment, and the graduates stay in Florida and support their school. Their ratings and attendance got them the invite, and our ratings and attendance have been a small fraction of theirs. Prior to the second half of this season, it was rare for a whole number to be in front of the decimal for Tulane ratings. Think about that.

So what do we offer the Big 12 that UCF doesn't? AAU Academics? That's close to the bottom of the list of priorities for a conference in the 21st century. The City of New Orleans? They can play here whenever they want with or without Tulane. The only thing that will get us out of the hell hole called the C-USAAC is winning regularly. Without a much bigger and better commitment from Gibson Hall, doing so is impossible.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:12 pm
Ruski wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:33 pm

In their 11th year of football existence! UCF averaged 19,700 fans at the Citrus Bowl before moving on campus.

And we're currently in a time that FBS attendance is at its lowest since 1981!

Meanwhile, the mighty SunBelt is averaging 18k 😂
The numbers weren't what you claimed. They have a very far way to go to be what UCF was .
UCF is a dump. Should have never been invited to Big 12. We have so much more to offer. And if we get P5 money, watch out. People are certainly on notice and see the potential. Quit whining about next year. We have a great coach, a great recruiting class, and depth across the board. And Tulane fans are excited. Players are excited and coming back to play for the Tulane community. This will continue because WF is in charge. Roll Wave!!!
UCF is not a dump. They have a good program. They'll do fine in the Big 12. Fact is we don't have much to offer. Our history is awful for over 70 years now. Our facilities are pathetic. I'm not whining about next year.I'm the only one here that predicted that we would be good and win 10 games in the regular season. I'm talking about the realities of the situation. I'm a long time diehard whose devoted tons of time and money to the program. I'm not a bandwagon fan like you.We don't have a great HC. Right now he's a one hit wonder with a losing record here. We all hope he follows up with major Bowls on a yearly basis but he has to show he can do that. We don't have a great recruiting class. It finished 64th. It has 10 2 stars and 10 3 stars. We do have some depth for once. I'm enjoying this season as I told everyone else here to do before it started and we descend to CUSAAC.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:24 pm UTSA is not the next UCF. They won 11 this year. They had 7 home games.. They listed attendance 0f 37k for the Houston game and 41k for the conference championship game that they hosted. For the other 5 the listed crowds were in the low to mid 20's. And we know the listed numbers aren't the actual attendance.
In their 11th year of football existence! UCF averaged 19,700 fans at the Citrus Bowl before moving on campus.

The numbers weren't what you claimed. They have a very far way to go to be what UCF was .
UCF in their first 11 years of FBS averaged sub 20k. UTSA has regularly averaged around the 25k mark.

In their first game ever they drew 57k fans. They've hit 40k in games multiple years in a row now. If you look back through their records they've hit 30k+ pretty regulary, with 8 games since 2018 and 3 of those being 40k+.

Do I actually think they'll be a copy of UCF? No. UCF has double the enrollment of UTSA. But in a lot of ways, UTSA has the same potential. Huge market, in a football crazy state, with big enrollment, alumni that stay local, and no professional team. If UTSA gets an on-campus stadium, I bet the floor for their attendance jumps up 10k.

Really this all shows what Tulane Alum John C Hitt did for UCF. Something like 25 years and took enrollment from 20k to 70k, while raising the institution across the board in academics and athletics.
Ruski
Swell

And UTSA just moved into the top spot for G5 recruiting yesterday. Traylor keeps on rollin!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:23 pm

UCF in their first 11 years of FBS averaged sub 20k. UTSA has regularly averaged around the 25k mark.

In their first game ever they drew 57k fans. They've hit 40k in games multiple years in a row now. If you look back through their records they've hit 30k+ pretty regulary, with 8 games since 2018 and 3 of those being 40k+.

Do I actually think they'll be a copy of UCF? No. UCF has double the enrollment of UTSA. But in a lot of ways, UTSA has the same potential. Huge market, in a football crazy state, with big enrollment, alumni that stay local, and no professional team. If UTSA gets an on-campus stadium, I bet the floor for their attendance jumps up 10k.

Really this all shows what Tulane Alum John C Hitt did for UCF. Something like 25 years and took enrollment from 20k to 70k, while raising the institution across the board in academics and athletics.
We're not talking first 11 years. We're talking the here and now. In fact this was their 12th season btw. 8 games in 5 seasons isn't much. Plus they've done what they've done in a weakass CUSA. Do they have some potential yes. But everybody does and can be talked up. As they come in it is a step down for the AAC.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:10 pm
greenie78 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:15 pm Yes the AAC was better than the rest of the G5. Numbers don't lie. It's been head and shoulders above the rest of the G5 for a very long time. Yes it does get weaker next season, but the Sun Belt will have trouble keeping up long-term financially.
In 2022 The AAC was head and shoulders above the rest of the G5? By what measure if "numbers don't lie"?
The power ratings were higher. There's a reason why the AAC teams were ranked higher than other G5 teams all season. It's because the AAC had the best metrics.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:08 am

So what do we offer the Big 12 that UCF doesn't? AAU Academics? That's close to the bottom of the list of priorities for a conference in the 21st century.
So obviously you don't keep abreast of what's going on. B1G just said THIS PAST WEEK that AAU academics was a MUST for any school they add in the future.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
arkhou02
High Tide

Guys, don’t listen to this crap that we are a pathetic perennial loser. That ended this year. There is a lot of terrific things happening behind the scenes. And WF is a great coach. We are on a roll and it will only continue. The recruiting class was tremendous. Given our record this year, the past five classes were rated about 40-50 spots too low. These recruiting services cater to the fan bases that pay their bills. Everyone knows that. They didn’t have a clue as to who Macon Clark, Dorian Williams, Nick Anderson, Shae Wyatt, Jarius Monroe, and even Tyjae Spears were. The most important thing is WF knew who they were. We will be in P5 very soon. Bank it. Momentum is building. Don’t let these numb nuts rain on our parade. Great times ahead. Ticket demand has increased so much. Roll Wave Roll!!!
Wave QB
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:46 am

UCF is not a dump. They have a good program. They'll do fine in the Big 12. Fact is we don't have much to offer. Our history is awful for over 70 years now. Our facilities are pathetic. I'm not whining about next year.I'm the only one here that predicted that we would be good and win 10 games in the regular season. I'm talking about the realities of the situation. I'm a long time diehard whose devoted tons of time and money to the program. I'm not a bandwagon fan like you.We don't have a great HC. Right now he's a one hit wonder with a losing record here. We all hope he follows up with major Bowls on a yearly basis but he has to show he can do that. We don't have a great recruiting class. It finished 64th. It has 10 2 stars and 10 3 stars. We do have some depth for once. I'm enjoying this season as I told everyone else here to do before it started and we descend to CUSAAC.
I would have like to see our recruiting class higher at this point, however, with the departure of Houston, Cincinnati and UCF, we are “at least” in line to have the best signing class in the Conference.

The incoming freshman and additional transfer signees will put us at the top of the conference. That’s nothing to have a victory parade over, but it does assure us that we will not decline in the conference as far as what we have on the sidelines.

I think Fritz is a Coach who can keep any program in the winning column for the most part. I never saw the next Nick Saban, but I did see a guy who can win games. I don’t think he is a great coach, but I do think he is a “good” coach. After last years ugliness, I said that this was a do or die for him. After winning 12 games, I am interested to see what he does next year.

You just never know with Tulane Football, but for the first time in decades, I think our schedules, talent level, depth chart and Coaching Staff are all in out favor to set a new standard. A Cotton Bowl win would be amazing for us.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

arkhou02 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:45 am Guys, don’t listen to this crap that we are a pathetic perennial loser. That ended this year. There is a lot of terrific things happening behind the scenes. And WF is a great coach. We are on a roll and it will only continue. The recruiting class was tremendous. Given our record this year, the past five classes were rated about 40-50 spots too low. These recruiting services cater to the fan bases that pay their bills. Everyone knows that. They didn’t have a clue as to who Macon Clark, Dorian Williams, Nick Anderson, Shae Wyatt, Jarius Monroe, and even Tyjae Spears were. The most important thing is WF knew who they were. We will be in P5 very soon. Bank it. Momentum is building. Don’t let these numb nuts rain on our parade. Great times ahead. Ticket demand has increased so much. Roll Wave Roll!!!
What do you know that's happening behind the scenes? The fact is IF anything is being done behind the scenes, that's part of the problem. MAKE A PUBLIC COMMITMENT to winning and show us and the world that Gibson Hall cares as much about winning as Willow Street does. Instead, we hear crickets.

My guess is arkhou02 is a relatively new Tulane fan. Maybe he graduated in 02. We had all this optimism and more in 1998/99 and where did we go? The University made a statement 60+ years ago that they weren't going to compete with the "football factories" and Cowen emphatically doubled down on that statement with the "Tulane Model" (aka "How to Suck"). Fitts has called Cowen an "expert" on D1 sports when in fact Cowen not only tried to drop us to D3, but his decisions probably cost Tulane $1 billion. That's not an exaggeration, count the dollars TCU has made since we were "joined at the hip" with them in the mid 1990's. We've been here before and I have heard ZERO from the University that anything has changed. Frankly, we were better positioned in the late 90's to get a P5 invite than we are now. We couldn't sell out the most important game we'd played at home in mid November vs. UCF. UCF fans and Coach Hunter had to buy the last 1000+ tickets. Our recruiting class is middle of the pack in the new C-USAAC. Last I saw it was ranked 4th.

So please tell me all the great things happening behind the scenes that should make us optimistic that things have changed and this winning will be sustained? Call us Debbie Downers, I'll call you "part of the problem". All is not perfect despite an 11-2 season. Sorry to burst the bubble. Despite my grouded view in reality I'll be rooting for our Green Wave as hard or harder than anyone on Monday. I've spent $2k that I shouldn't have spent to be there and take part. Why, because it's unlikely to happen again in my lifetime. So you tell me that being a realistic, eyes wide open Green Wave fan makes us any less true loyal fans than the johnny come lately who shows up when we make the Cotton Bowl? Sorry but 40+ years of suffering doesn't disappear with one great season. Have I enjoyed it? Absolutely. Do I want more? You better believe it. I want to compete on a level field, something Tulane has prevented itself from doing at every turn.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:58 pm

So what do we offer the Big 12 that UCF doesn't? AAU Academics? That's close to the bottom of the list of priorities for a conference in the 21st century.
So obviously you don't keep abreast of what's going on. B1G just said THIS PAST WEEK that AAU academics was a MUST for any school they add in the future.
So I guess that means Tulane and the University of Buffalo are the next invites to the Big 12? I believe there are a small handful of G5 programs that are AAU. And to say it is one thing, to live it is another. We shall see if the next Big 12 invite goes to an AAU institution.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:53 am

So I guess that means Tulane and the University of Buffalo are the next invites to the Big 12? I believe there are a small handful of G5 programs that are AAU. And to say it is one thing, to live it is another. We shall see if the next Big 12 invite goes to an AAU institution.
Don’t forget Rice, but that’s it. At last count I think there were just three AAU underachievers. I suspect the B1G won’t accept any non-AAU schools, but that’s their message to the PAC10 leftovers—several of which are already AAU schools. I suspect the Big 12 will accept non-AAU schools, just as the ACC will since throwing out their academic standards when they admitted Louisville.

I suspect the AAU will only help us if the PAC10 decides to make a bold survival move and establish a significant presence in the Central Time Zone. I doubt the B1G will be expanding with Tulane—they're focused on ND, NC and maybe a couple PAC10 remnants.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:42 am
arkhou02 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:45 am Guys, don’t listen to this crap that we are a pathetic perennial loser. That ended this year. There is a lot of terrific things happening behind the scenes. And WF is a great coach. We are on a roll and it will only continue. The recruiting class was tremendous. Given our record this year, the past five classes were rated about 40-50 spots too low. These recruiting services cater to the fan bases that pay their bills. Everyone knows that. They didn’t have a clue as to who Macon Clark, Dorian Williams, Nick Anderson, Shae Wyatt, Jarius Monroe, and even Tyjae Spears were. The most important thing is WF knew who they were. We will be in P5 very soon. Bank it. Momentum is building. Don’t let these numb nuts rain on our parade. Great times ahead. Ticket demand has increased so much. Roll Wave Roll!!!
What do you know that's happening behind the scenes? The fact is IF anything is being done behind the scenes, that's part of the problem. MAKE A PUBLIC COMMITMENT to winning and show us and the world that Gibson Hall cares as much about winning as Willow Street does. Instead, we hear crickets.

My guess is arkhou02 is a relatively new Tulane fan. Maybe he graduated in 02. We had all this optimism and more in 1998/99 and where did we go? The University made a statement 60+ years ago that they weren't going to compete with the "football factories" and Cowen emphatically doubled down on that statement with the "Tulane Model" (aka "How to Suck"). Fitts has called Cowen an "expert" on D1 sports when in fact Cowen not only tried to drop us to D3, but his decisions probably cost Tulane $1 billion. That's not an exaggeration, count the dollars TCU has made since we were "joined at the hip" with them in the mid 1990's. We've been here before and I have heard ZERO from the University that anything has changed. Frankly, we were better positioned in the late 90's to get a P5 invite than we are now. We couldn't sell out the most important game we'd played at home in mid November vs. UCF. UCF fans and Coach Hunter had to buy the last 1000+ tickets. Our recruiting class is middle of the pack in the new C-USAAC. Last I saw it was ranked 4th.

So please tell me all the great things happening behind the scenes that should make us optimistic that things have changed and this winning will be sustained? Call us Debbie Downers, I'll call you "part of the problem". All is not perfect despite an 11-2 season. Sorry to burst the bubble. Despite my grouded view in reality I'll be rooting for our Green Wave as hard or harder than anyone on Monday. I've spent $2k that I shouldn't have spent to be there and take part. Why, because it's unlikely to happen again in my lifetime. So you tell me that being a realistic, eyes wide open Green Wave fan makes us any less true loyal fans than the johnny come lately who shows up when we make the Cotton Bowl? Sorry but 40+ years of suffering doesn't disappear with one great season. Have I enjoyed it? Absolutely. Do I want more? You better believe it. I want to compete on a level field, something Tulane has prevented itself from doing at every turn.
Well said. We have been a perennial loser since 1950 when Rufus Harris de-emphasized sports. We have had a good year and we all hope it continues. No one here is raining on our parade. Hell I led it by saying we would have a 10 win season. But hey no one is listening to a post season bandwagon fan who's just pulling stuff out of his ass. Tulane hasn't put tickets on sale for next season so so much for the claim of rocketing ticket sales. We should sell more next year but with the CUSAAC schedule the numbers won't be dramatic.

Now back to enjoying the trip to the Cotton Bowl!!!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Did I mention Big 12 anywhere?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:56 am

Don’t forget Rice, but that’s it. At last count I think there were just three AAU underachievers. I suspect the B1G won’t accept any non-AAU schools, but that’s their message to the PAC10 leftovers—several of which are already AAU schools. I suspect the Big 12 will accept non-AAU schools, just as the ACC will since throwing out their academic standards when they admitted Louisville.

I suspect the AAU will only help us if the PAC10 decides to make a bold survival move and establish a significant presence in the Central Time Zone. I doubt the B1G will be expanding with Tulane—they're focused on ND, NC and maybe a couple PAC10 remnants.
I agree with you completely. And I never made any prediction that B1G would be expanding with Tulane. My ONLY point was that yes, for some conferences, AAU DOES still matter.

EDIT: I was SPECIFICALLY addressing THIS statement:
AAU Academics? That's close to the bottom of the list of priorities for a conference in the 21st century.
MicMan
Swell

UCF is the first or second-largest enrollment of any US university.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:00 am UCF is the first or second-largest enrollment of any US university.
Ten largest public university campuses by enrollment during the 2021–22 academic year
Ranking University Location Enrollment Reference(s)
1 Texas A&M University[note 1] College Station, Texas 73,284 [1]
2 University of Central Florida Orlando, Florida 75,406 [2]
3 Ohio State University[note 2] Columbus, Ohio 67,772 [3]
4 University of Florida Gainesville, Florida 60,613 [4]
5 Florida International University Miami, Florida 56,627 [5]
6 University of Illinois Urbana–Champaign Urbana/Champaign, Illinois 56,299 [6]
7 Arizona State University[note 3] Tempe, Arizona 54,866 [7]
8 Georgia State University Atlanta, Georgia 52,530 [8]
9 University of Texas at Austin Austin, Texas 52,384 [9]
10 University of Minnesota Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota 52,376 [10]
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:59 am
HoustonWave wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:56 am

I agree with you completely. And I never made any prediction that B1G would be expanding with Tulane. My ONLY point was that yes, for some conferences, AAU DOES still matter.

EDIT: I was SPECIFICALLY addressing THIS statement:
AAU Academics? That's close to the bottom of the list of priorities for a conference in the 21st century.
No doubt AAU and academics still matter to the B1G and PAC??. It will be interesting to see what the PAC does, and how it may impact their academic image--do they go after Rice, Tulane, and SMU? or do they cave on the academics and just start picking up SDSU, UNLV, Boise St. etc.? If PAC commish has any smarts, he'll expand to 16, and pod Rice, Tulane, SMU with Colorado in a largely CTZ pod--which would make scheduling and travel far more attractive to all members of an expanded PAC. It might not only salvage the PAC but would salvage Tulane from the depths of the CUSAAC.
Dave breslin
Swell

Golf, you forgot India Ghandi Open University with 2 million students. Unfortunately, they are not AAU and would be eliminated from joining a conference.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:43 pm Golf, you forgot India Ghandi Open University with 2 million students. Unfortunately, they are not AAU and would be eliminated from joining a conference.
:lol: :lol: But the CUSAAC might take them---lot's of eyeballs there.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

greenie78 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:44 pm
The power ratings were higher. There's a reason why the AAC teams were ranked higher than other G5 teams all season. It's because the AAC had the best metrics.

The difference in power ratings are miniscule. As a matter of fact, the SBC played a tougher schedule and had a better OOC record playing a tougher schedule. But you're right. By a fraction of a point the last year of the AAC, it was ranked 6th to SBC 7th. And I'm guessing you're forgetting that the SunBelt in one poll this past season had the only G5 team in the top 25. That doesn't jive with your "best metrics" argument. It was a couple of months ago, so I guess it doesn't count.

http://realtimerpi.com/college_football ... f_Men.html
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:55 pm
Dave breslin wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:43 pm Golf, you forgot India Ghandi Open University with 2 million students. Unfortunately, they are not AAU and would be eliminated from joining a conference.
I think they may have the incorrect type of Fuutball team...speaking of eyeballs...ya can bet the big12 is watching UTSA's progression, they will need the SA media market and the large Corp's based there in the near future....in my opinion the PAC12 needs UTSA and SMU at this time to make up for the loss of the LA market media market...and please do not say anything about a "directional school' the pac12 had UCLA
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:26 pm
I think they may have the incorrect type of Fuutball team...speaking of eyeballs...ya can bet the big12 is watching UTSA's progression, they will need the SA media market and the large Corp's based there in the near future....in my opinion the PAC12 needs UTSA and SMU at this time to make up for the loss of the LA market media market...and please do not say anything about a "directional school' the pac12 had UCLA
Despite the market, I'd be surprised if UTSA is on or near the top of any expansion list. Sorry, but UCLA has been a college sports entity for well over 100 years. The average Joe might not know UTSA exists or plays football. Hell, I have relatives THAT LIVED THERE and have their offspring that live there now. They follow college sports and probably don't know UTSA plays football.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:00 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:26 pm

Despite the market, I'd be surprised if UTSA is on or near the top of any expansion list. Sorry, but UCLA has been a college sports entity for well over 100 years. The average Joe might not know UTSA exists or plays football. Hell, I have relatives THAT LIVED THERE and have their offspring that live there now. They follow college sports and probably don't know UTSA plays football.
the people who write the contract for TV rights, they control who gets an invite...that is why you see NC Charlotte, UTSA and Rice in the AAC... TV markets, Corporate Hdq and commercial ad sales is what they are interested in ... those family members who live in metro SA and no nothing about UTSA's football team, must not be able to afford "cable" or a "streaming subscription".......SA is the number 31 TV market have a safe trip to Big D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_t ... dia_market
GreenLantern
Riptide

Don't sell UTSA short. They have a great coach with a 23-5 overall record (15-1 conference) in the last two years. They just had the best recruiting season of any G5 school. San Antonio is a larger city than Dallas, San Francisco, Seattle, Boston, Detroit, Baltimore, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Atlanta and Miami. As eager as many of you seem to be to denigrate the AAC and compare it to Conf USA, I'm interested to know why you think UTSA chose to make the move to our conference after winning the ConfUSA championship the last two years.

Jeff Traylor has openly stated that his goal is to get into a P5 conference. When asked about his success for recruiting the top G5 team (57th in nation), he said that since his goals were P5, that ranking was about 40-50 positions too low. I haven't heard a lot of Tulane coaches speak with that kind of ambition. They will be a worthy opponent as will UAB.