Grading the new coaches

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This includes the 6 new CUSAAC coaches:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... 77c4c8c3e8

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:11 pm This includes the 6 new CUSAAC coaches:

Interesting read, win, thanks for posting. Some comments I agree with some I don't as always! The biggest head-scratcher of the coaching carousel for me this year is Jamey Chadwell going from Coastal Carolina to Liberty. I mean, why? We all know that it's got to be about the $$, but Liberty is an Independent. And I frankly was interested to see his team battle Mike Houston and ECU in the nobodygivesacrapaboutBirmingham Bowl. Both of those schools (ECU and Coastal) have great civic pride and support from their communities. I hope both teams are in top shape for that game despite the coaching change.

Another coach with new jobs I'm not impressed with is Satterfield going from Louisville to Cinci. You can almost say the same thing, why do it? Cincinnati paid Fickel $5 million, I guess Louisville wouldn't pony up to get from $4 to $5 million? And frankly, I thought Satterfield under-achieved at Louisville. And Charlotte's HC? Seems like somebody owed someone else a favor there, and that's bad for our conference. Tulsa's new HC has some skeletons in his closet from Indiana. And we wonder why Willie Fritz is a hot name to bring up! We're going to go through this sweating-out openings every year if we stay relevant. And I mean that with Fritz's successor as well.

17 days and counting to the Cotton Bowl.

Roll Wave

1-0 in 2023.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

Satterfield’s seat was getting hot at Louisville. Gets extended years by going to Cincy.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:53 pm

Interesting read, win, thanks for posting. Some comments I agree with some I don't as always! The biggest head-scratcher of the coaching carousel for me this year is Jamey Chadwell going from Coastal Carolina to Liberty. I mean, why? We all know that it's got to be about the $$, but Liberty is an Independent. And I frankly was interested to see his team battle Mike Houston and ECU in the nobodygivesacrapaboutBirmingham Bowl. Both of those schools (ECU and Coastal) have great civic pride and support from their communities. I hope both teams are in top shape for that game despite the coaching change.

Another coach with new jobs I'm not impressed with is Satterfield going from Louisville to Cinci. You can almost say the same thing, why do it? Cincinnati paid Fickel $5 million, I guess Louisville wouldn't pony up to get from $4 to $5 million? And frankly, I thought Satterfield under-achieved at Louisville. And Charlotte's HC? Seems like somebody owed someone else a favor there, and that's bad for our conference. Tulsa's new HC has some skeletons in his closet from Indiana. And we wonder why Willie Fritz is a hot name to bring up! We're going to go through this sweating-out openings every year if we stay relevant. And I mean that with Fritz's successor as well.

Roll Wave

1-0 in 2023.
Liberty enters CUSA next season. As to Satterfield his seat was getting warm at UL. He got when the getting was good. Overall the hires for the most part aren't impressive. FAU may have hit a grand slam with Herman though.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:35 pm

Roll Wave

1-0 in 2023.
Liberty enters CUSA next season. As to Satterfield his seat was getting warm at UL. He got when the getting was good.
Liberty entering CUSA next year is a huge step backwards! What's left of CUSA? win, you and I disagree, but I think next year the Sunbelt will be every bit as good as the CUSAAC. And I understand Satterfield's seat getting warm, but why would Cincinnati hire him?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:39 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:35 pm

Roll Wave

1-0 in 2023.
Liberty enters CUSA next season. As to Satterfield his seat was getting warm at UL. He got when the getting was good.
Liberty entering CUSA next year is a huge step backwards! What's left of CUSA? win, you and I disagree, but I think next year the Sunbelt will be every bit as good as the CUSAAC. And I understand Satterfield's seat getting warm, but why would Cincinnati hire him?
I was just pointing out that they weren't an independent anymore. You have me confused with others on the Sunbelt issue. I could see it being as good as the CUSAAC next year. As to Satterfield that looks like a bad hire by Cincy.

I edited my post above . You may have missed it as I think you posted again while I was editing. I think overall for the most part the CUSAAC hires were not impressive. FAU may have hit a grand slam with Herman though.