Navy Coach Niumatalolo Fired

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
GreenLantern
Riptide

greenie78
Riptide

I was gonna use the term honorably discharged.

Wonder if it was "A Few Good Men" situation.

"I want the truth!!"

"You can't handle the truth!!"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I feel bad for the RB that fumbled inside the 1 yard line in OT yesterday. It's bad enough he has to live with yesterday's loss, but this firing as well. Beat Army and there's no way he's fired today. And yes, I know without his long TD run to open the scoring, Navy isn't in the OT, but he had a lot on his shoulders before this.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Tulane1111
High Tide

Great coach and runs a great program. Really enjoyed watching his teams thru the years.
anEngineer
Riptide

I can't call him a great coach or a great guy when he obviously encouraged his players (future Naval officers) to cheat during games by faking injuries to slow down teams that ran up-tempo offenses. It was a disgusting display that happened several times over a couple of years.
greenie78
Riptide

Also, while we're talking about Navy, I wish the AAC would give them the boot.
oliveandblue
Surge

greenie78 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:51 pm Also, while we're talking about Navy, I wish the AAC would give them the boot.
They are a top five brand in the conference. Hell no. There are 7 programs that should get the boot before we consider that.
Wave755
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:31 pm I can't call him a great coach or a great guy when he obviously encouraged his players (future Naval officers) to cheat during games by faking injuries to slow down team’s that ran up-tempo offenses. It was a disgusting display that happened several times over a couple of years.
+1, he was known as a cheater for his players feigning injury to stop the clock when Navy was either out of timeouts or he simply wanted to stop the other team’s momentum for a drive. He is one of the principal reasons we have the “10 second runoff rule” today. https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/c ... lty-injury
Too bad we didn’t play Navy this year, we would have beat the Hell out of them as a goodbye present 🎁 to Ken. His cheating was completely contrary to the Navy ethos for honor.

Goodbye and good riddance Niumatalolo.
Dave breslin
Swell

I wonder if he’d have been fired if the y didn’t fumble and beaten army?
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tough to win at the military academies with the current college environment (easy transfer rules, NIL, post-grad transfers). Here's from the Athletic:
Navy and service academies generally do not add transfers, due to the service requirements. There is no graduate school to add veteran players. Additionally, athletes cannot receive name, image and likeness deals. It’s technically illegal, as service academy players are considered government employees.
Show Me
Tsunami

Former Tulane AD Chet Gladchuk raised $28 million for their new Academic and Training facility. First class all the way. Next coach going to really enjoy that facility.