The Portal

Talk about the latest recruits here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

OL Hutson Lillibridge enters the portal

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bigschtick
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:21 pm OL Hutson Lillibridge enters the portal

Is this guy any great loss?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Greeniegb
Swell

Bigschtick wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:04 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:21 pm OL Hutson Lillibridge enters the portal

Is this guy any great loss?
Has not played!!!
Jaxwave
Swell

No need to frame this young man’s career at Tulane in a negative light.
Ruski
Swell

Never good to lose a seasoned OL. He's got good size for an interior lineman; 6'3 and 300lbs. He saw the field his true freshman year against Morgan State last year. Not sure how much game play this season. He did have some decent offers out of HS; Louisville, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas,

The fact that none of us know who he, makes me feel fine about this one.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just opens up an opportunity for a new OL’m in the portal to come play for the Cotton Bowl Champs.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

According to a post I saw elsewhere, he's played in nine games this year. So he did play. Hope he finds what he's looking for.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I wish him the best and hope we find someone to fill his scholarship slot that can help on either line.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
TXWave88
Surge

I wish him the best wherever he may land.

I would have expected to see a few more guys leave after the Cotton Bowl. No major contributors or expected starters for next year's team. If I was planning on transferring (most likely transferring down), I wouldn't leave before the Cotton Bowl. I am just speculating, but some may be encouraged to leave as well if there are better options wanting to come to Tulane now.

Also, the early signing period has helped us in the past but now with theses results, I wonder what a recruiting outcome would be after the current results if there was not an early signing period. Same goes for the transfer portal as well if it was pushed over until February.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I saw an Auburn podcast that was talking about them having an interest in Pratt. They knew he said he was staying, but they were still hopeful that he'd leave after the Cotton Bowl for the right offer. One of the guys said that it takes about 24 hours after you enter for your name to actually show up. His take was, if Pratt's name doesn't show by Thursday, he's not leaving. I would think any player leaving would have filed whatever paperwork they needed yesterday, so by tomorrow we should have an idea if we're losing anyone else.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:02 am According to a post I saw elsewhere, he's played in nine games this year. So he did play. Hope he finds what he's looking for.
I wish him the best. As for his PT this year those snaps were likely on ST's. We should have several more entering based on scholarship numbers.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:31 am I saw an Auburn podcast that was talking about them having an interest in Pratt. They knew he said he was staying, but they were still hopeful that he'd leave after the Cotton Bowl for the right offer. One of the guys said that it takes about 24 hours after you enter for your name to actually show up. His take was, if Pratt's name doesn't show by Thursday, he's not leaving. I would think any player leaving would have filed whatever paperwork they needed yesterday, so by tomorrow we should have an idea if we're losing anyone else.
Never say never. But Pratt went WAYYYYYYY out of his way to prove that he's coming back. Said it probably a million times, every chance he got.
MicMan
Swell

There is much to be said for building something and seeing it through. This season was just that kind of object lesson of possibilities that will resonate with every player on the roster. Not everyone's a mercenary.
Bigschtick
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:12 pm There is much to be said for building something and seeing it through. This season was just that kind of object lesson of possibilities that will resonate with every player on the roster. Not everyone's a mercenary.
Well said!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Why would Pratt want to go to Auburn and get the snot kicked out of him? If he's going to transfer, he has better options. I don't see him leaving after telling everyone he's coming back. Much like I didn't see Fritz announcing he was leaving a week ahead of the CCG, which at that point was the most important game Tulane had played this century. For Pratt to leave would eliminate one of the biggest lessons Fritz has taught him: Integrity. Being your word. There's no integrity whatsoever in doing exactly what you said you were NOT going to do.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As I've pointed out before Pratt's family has money. He's not wanting for anything.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:03 pm
NotJtS wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:55 am
Greeniegb wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:43 am Judging quarterbacks is not an exact science, look at Baker Mayfield. Receivers, coaches, running game can make any quarterback look good. lack of any of those and a quarterback looks subpar. Might be good on one team suck on another, Some quarterbacks don[t fit a certain offense.,
The irony in this statement from you, Mrs. Horton.
:lol:
Says DT(Delirium tremors) from Conn. Mr Santimonious who thinks he is smarter and morally superior to all here!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:03 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:03 pm
NotJtS wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:55 am

The irony in this statement from you, Mrs. Horton.
:lol:
Says DT(Delirium tremors) from Conn. Mr Santimonious who thinks he is smarter and morally superior to all here!
Your ignorance is shining through your attempt to show how smart you are. But you're not very smart. Look at the post. Not only do your DT's lead YOU to invent a word, but if you had a half a brain, you'd realize I didn't say ANYTHING in the post you quoted! Not a word! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who has the DTs? Not DfromCt, No, I think the guy who knows where he can schtick it has the DT's. Have another round, they'll settle down.

Roll Wave!
Last edited by DfromCT on Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenie78
Riptide

winwave wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:44 pm As I've pointed out before Pratt's family has money. He's not wanting for anything.
Me and my family walked past him sitting with his family at the Gaylord. My wife was really impressed with how close-knit the family looked.
ccap05
Surge

Ty Keyes just entered the portal. I don't think he would be interested in. fighting for a second or third string spot but it would be interesting to know if Tulane has any interest in him.
Ruski
Swell

ccap05 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:11 am Ty Keyes just entered the portal. I don't think he would be interested in. fighting for a second or third string spot but it would be interesting to know if Tulane has any interest in him.
No disrespect to Keyes but I'm not sure he'd definitely beat out Ibieta/Horton. Carson Haggard was no slouch either.

I wouldn't mind picking up Keyes one bit. But hope the coaches are focused on finding Wideouts and Safeties first.
torbida
Surge

QB room is full, wr,db,and linemen more important.
greenie78
Riptide

QB room is only Pratt, Horton, and Haggard until we know if Ibieta can become fully healthy after consecutive injuries.
arkhou02
High Tide

Don’t forget the freshman QB from California
Dave breslin
Swell

Why wouldn’t Caleb Williams not enter the portal and come here? We are a better team😁😁😁