The Portal

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Ruski
Swell

USF offensive lineman with something like 25 career starts. Would be a nice pickup.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:45 pm USF offensive lineman with something like 25 career starts. Would be a nice pickup.

2 years of eligibility as a grad transfer, ok, yeah, we're interested.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:16 am QB room is only Pratt, Horton, and Haggard until we know if Ibieta can become fully healthy after consecutive injuries.
Also the Brother Martin kid as QB, he was at the Cotton Bowl.
greenie78
Riptide

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:49 pm
greenie78 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:16 am QB room is only Pratt, Horton, and Haggard until we know if Ibieta can become fully healthy after consecutive injuries.
Who was that?
Greeniegb
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:45 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:49 pm
Who was that?
Garrett Mmahat
Prior to Tulane: A four-year starter at quarterback at Brother Martin...Led the squad to an undefeated regular season and to the state semifinals as both a junior and a senior...Carried a 4.2 GPA...His Father, Kevin, also attended Tulane as a member of the baseball team...Kevin also made it to the big leagues with the New York Yankees in 1989.....His father played professional baseball from 1987-1993
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Coaches input regarding the portal and signing day
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ligibility
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LSU future QB Walker Howard joins the portal
The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Howard was a five-star quarterback signee in LSU’s class of 2022 out of Lafayette (La.) St. Thomas More. He was rated as the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat QB by ESPN.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:17 pm LSU future QB Walker Howard joins the portal
The 6-foot-1, 195-pound Howard was a five-star quarterback signee in LSU’s class of 2022 out of Lafayette (La.) St. Thomas More. He was rated as the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat QB by ESPN.
He has learned well from Brennen, sitting the bench ruins carreers waiting for a turn that never happens.

Hope we don't lose Horton or Ibieta, sitting the bench gets old and ruins careers, only 1 football!!!
Rivals: 6.1 rating 247 Sports: 98 rating
https://247sports.com/Player/Walker-Howard-46058715/
greenie78
Riptide

Maybe Walker Howard wants to go to a Louisiana school that actually finished in the top 10 and made it to a NY6 bowl.
billow
High Tide

Speaking of portal Carlos Hatcher is in it now!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's been out there about Hatcher. I wish him the best. He had injury issues and never got back to 100% to this point.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:17 pm LSU future QB Walker Howard joins the portal
I would definitely make an attempt at getting him. Kid has all the tools and couldn't hurt recruiting a Louisiana kid.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Florida and Auburn are desperate for QB's...I would think Napier knows of the young man
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell

Pepper wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:32 pm
I would definitely make an attempt at getting him. Kid has all the tools and couldn't hurt recruiting a Louisiana kid.
Would he be happy sitting behind Pratt and maybe Horton, he already lost a year, probably wants to go where he can play.

Easy to see where the portal messes up teamwork. Just say you have Horton sitting waiting his turn all of a sudden, we bring in Howard, you have two good quarterbacks sitting expecting to step up, but the team brings in someone else it can't pass on. Not good. Horton has had two years to work with the receivers on the team then maybe Howard comes in, some of the receivers became good friends and worked well with Horton but a new face comes from nowhere!!! Even Ibieta, going through a second surgery might get pushed aside, :(
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:54 pm

Would he be happy sitting behind Pratt and maybe Horton, he already lost a year, probably wants to go where he can play.

Easy to see where the portal messes up teamwork. Just say you have Horton sitting waiting his turn all of a sudden, we bring in Howard, you have two good quarterbacks sitting expecting to step up, but the team brings in someone else it can't pass on. Not good. Horton has had two years to work with the receivers on the team then maybe Howard comes in, some of the receivers became good friends and worked well with Horton but a new face comes from nowhere!!! Even Ibieta, going through a second surgery might get pushed aside, :(
Such is life if you want to play with the big boys. It's not that I don't see your point, and agree that both Horton and Ibieta have talent. But if that kind of talent were to show interest, you have to do your DD and be all over it.

gbg, I hope you were in your glory in big D! It was fun wasn't it?!! I actually sat next to someone that was a Horton fan, though he knew little about him. Thanks to you I could tell him a lot!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:14 pm
Florida and Auburn are desperate for QB's...I would think Napier knows of the young man
He’s going somewhere where he can play right out the gate.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:44 pm

This.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:49 pm
This.
look for TCU to make a big push for him
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:30 am
winwave wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:49 pm

This.
look for TCU to make a big push for him
Yep. I just posted that in the other thread.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I've never understood how the portal worked until now. You see, it's a little like a time machine. The player (and sometimes the former coach) enter the machine, it spins, and voila... the player lands at a new school. Here's Walker Howard spinning up and leaving LSU's Brian Kelly behind.

phpBB [video]
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:14 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:54 pm

Such is life if you want to play with the big boys. It's not that I don't see your point, and agree that both Horton and Ibieta have talent. But if that kind of talent were to show interest, you have to do your DD and be all over it.

gbg, I hope you were in your glory in big D! It was fun wasn't it?!! I actually sat next to someone that was a Horton fan, though he knew little about him. Thanks to you I could tell him a lot!
I was hoping he would have a chance to play and stay unbeaten in Texas, lol
RobertM320
Green Wave

Texas A&M WR Yulkeith Brown, a top 300 recruit in the class of 2021, commits to Tulane.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Ruski
Swell

Doesn't have much experience but he does have 3 more years of eligibility, which is nice.

I liked this part:
Scored a touchdown on his first career reception, bringing in a 66-yard pass against Sam Houston

Quite happy to see some movement on the WR position. Could maybe use one more, someone with proven experience.

Also liked this note about Brown:

Code: Select all

Brown had high end speed in high school with an 11.04 time in the 100 meters and a 4.28 shuttle which indicates that he can not only make people miss but run away from everyone else after he does so.
Ruski
Swell

Also really liked this part about Brown :shock: :mrgreen:

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Welcome Mr. Brown. Is it too late to enroll in classes and be part of the program immediately?