Really P___, What the hell is happening???

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Greeniegb
Swell

Seeing unsold tickets growing almost hourly, if this continues one of the greatest days in Tulane's history will torpedoed by a sorry fan base. If we are not close to capacity, we will look bad to the Conference, nation, ABC, recruits and their family and not the very least we will be letting Coach Fritz and the team down!!! Sick of fans crying facilities but when it's their time to chip into success they have every excuse in the book, oh it might rain, oh the Sec Championship is hurting attendance, etc., etc. Well guess what excuses are for losers, if you fail the team and university this may be it!!! Coach can't recruit 4-star players to less than a fanbase of a solid 30,000, He will leave if any other good offers come up. This is the time for fans to show up or shut up. Let's do it!!!

Pepper
Swell

Did you ever consider there are probably less than 20k local fans of Tulane University? Add in a very low enrollment of students and a generation of losing fans is probably why. The good news is the team is starting to develop a winning program that will draw more fans in. It will not happen overnight.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

TD shouldn't have claimed a sell out early in the week. He knew tickets from UCF and the conference would be returned and then later in the week tickets not bought by STH's. BTW, it's 3 generations of fans lost now.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:20 am TD shouldn't have claimed a sell out early in the week. He knew tickets from UCF and the conference would be returned and then later in the week tickets not bought by STH's. BTW, it's 3 generations of fans lost now.
This. It should have been made clear throughout the media that AVAILABLE tickets were sold, but that more would available later in the week.

And people are fooling themselves if they think we have a fanbase of 30,000.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

Just checked Ticketmaster…A TON of tickets still available WTH is going on! Tulane really dropped the ball on this announcing a sellout earlier in week. I know of @ least 10 people that were interested in going but stopped pursuing a ticket after sellout was announced
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

This is technically a neutral site for this game. The conference controls the tickets, concessions, parking and gameday. We sold out of our allotment UCF didn’t. I was told we can’t even use the Letterman’s Club for the game because it’s not our home game.
Now with that said there are tickets available from UCF’s allotment on the open market.
Should we go to the Cotton Bowl be prepared to pay nearly $350 a ticket to help buy up Tulane’s forced allotment.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:20 am This is technically a neutral site for this game. The conference controls the tickets, concessions, parking and gameday. We sold out of our allotment UCF didn’t. I was told we can’t even use the Letterman’s Club for the game because it’s not our home game.
Now with that said there are tickets available from UCF’s allotment on the open market.
Should we go to the Cotton Bowl be prepared to pay nearly $350 a ticket to help buy up Tulane’s forced allotment.
350 per ticket and 60.00 to 80.00 to park...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

On the facilities front, could an option be to move the Wilson Center to the parking lot behind Turchin, make the practice field a full 100yds. Make the remaining portion locker rooms. Rebuild Wilson with a 1st class weight room.

I also believe a second deck on the West side of the stadium is a must.

On a side note, drop Foglemen, play next year at Loyola or Arena and build a new 8k gym.

Thoughts?
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:42 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:20 am This is technically a neutral site for this game. The conference controls the tickets, concessions, parking and gameday. We sold out of our allotment UCF didn’t. I was told we can’t even use the Letterman’s Club for the game because it’s not our home game.
350 per ticket and 60.00 to 80.00 to park...
Yep. Welcome to the big leagues.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Forever TU
Surge

winwave wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:20 am TD shouldn't have claimed a sell out early in the week. He knew tickets from UCF and the conference would be returned and then later in the week tickets not bought by STH's. BTW, it's 3 generations of fans lost now.
He never claimed a sellout. The statement was always that allotments would come released during the week.
TURVS71
Swell

Tulane Green Wave - Cotton Bowl

When was the last time and did you EVER think you would hear these words together? So, I have been a critic of the so called “football fans” of the Sportsman’s Paridise.. Again, shame on those in this City that WON”T support this program but will pay $250+ for the Saints, not to mention the concessions and parking . I don’t want to hear about the alumni not being here , etc. Maybe it’s Tulane's fault, maybe it’s not.It is DEFINITELY an embarrassment to a supposedly “football town!”
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
MicMan
Swell

Fan support doesn't snap back after decades of mediocrity.

Go to the Cotton and Tulane adds that to the Rose and Sugar in its New Year's collection!
Wave755
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:31 am Did you ever consider there are probably less than 20k local fans of Tulane University? Add in a very low enrollment of students and a generation of losing fans is probably why. The good news is the team is starting to develop a winning program that will draw more fans in. It will not happen overnight.
At the end of Bowden/RR in 1998 our fan base was about 25,000. By the end of "Buffet" Bob in 2011 our fan base was about 2,500. We are approaching about a fan base of 15,000 at present.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I just purchased 10 tickets in the sections that were returned from ucf...I will not be making the trip and the tickets will be donated, as will my 5 season tickets... I suggested that the students be moved into those sections and each student be given a cowbell, whistle or some type of noise making device
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Forever TU wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:01 am
He never claimed a sellout. The statement was always that allotments would come released during the week.
He did declare it a sell out. It's why others here echoed my post as they saw it too. So did others on our other forums. Many have called him pout for it.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Except he did clarify it by acknowledging that more tickets could be available later in the week. If people were too lazy to read the entire release, that's on them.

Regardless, as of right now, 10:30am Friday, the only seats still showing as available on the site are the ones in Sections 115-118, the ones UCF sent back.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:43 am On the facilities front, could an option be to move the Wilson Center to the parking lot behind Turchin, make the practice field a full 100yds. Make the remaining portion locker rooms. Rebuild Wilson with a 1st class weight room.

I also believe a second deck on the West side of the stadium is a must.

On a side note, drop Foglemen, play next year at Loyola or Arena and build a new 8k gym.

Thoughts?
The Wilson center obviously won't be moved. Wouldn't make a difference if it was. The problem isn't just length it's also width. There's no space on the sidelines with fencing just outside of it especially on the Turchin side. So you'd have to take Turchin out. The space is there for the needed facilities.The plans for the football ops. building has it where the mini field is. The IPF could go on the Rosen parking lot by Claiborne.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:27 am Except he did clarify it by acknowledging that more tickets could be available later in the week. If people were too lazy to read the entire release, that's on them.

Regardless, as of right now, 10:30am Friday, the only seats still showing as available on the site are the ones in Sections 115-118, the ones UCF sent back.
He put it out on social media that it was a sellout. That of course got picked up and was reported by all tv and radio stations declaring it a sellout. Even Willie bragged about it being a sellout in all of his media interviews. TD screwed up.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

TURVS71 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:12 am Tulane Green Wave - Cotton Bowl

When was the last time and did you EVER think you would hear these words together? So, I have been a critic of the so called “football fans” of the Sportsman’s Paridise.. Again, shame on those in this City that WON”T support this program but will pay $250+ for the Saints, not to mention the concessions and parking . I don’t want to hear about the alumni not being here , etc. Maybe it’s Tulane's fault, maybe it’s not.It is DEFINITELY an embarrassment to a supposedly “football town!”
This is why the "NOLA Built" mantra makes no sense. Tulane has done far more for N.O. than N.O. has done for Tulane. And we don't have nearly the N.O. players on the roster that we used to have in the 70's and 80's. If N.O. can't support this Tulane team, can the "NOLA Built" charade.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
ccap05
Surge

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:00 am
This. It should have been made clear throughout the media that AVAILABLE tickets were sold, but that more would available later in the week.

And people are fooling themselves if they think we have a fanbase of 30,000.
I am from out of town coming in for the game. I went online on Monday to buy tickets at the Tulane site- there were none available but they made it clear that more would be available later in the week. On Weds, I bought 4 newly available tickets in a pretty decent location. Tulane may have done more to let people know more would be available but they were not wholly negligent in this. Cheers to all- Roll Wave.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:51 am
TURVS71 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:12 am Tulane Green Wave - Cotton Bowl

This is why the "NOLA Built" mantra makes no sense. Tulane has done far more for N.O. than N.O. has done for Tulane. And we don't have nearly the N.O. players on the roster that we used to have in the 70's and 80's. If N.O. can't support this Tulane team, can the "NOLA Built" charade.
"nola" has issues building a good bowel movement, much less anything of value
Greeniegb
Swell

Pepper wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:31 am Did you ever consider there are probably less than 20k local fans of Tulane University? Add in a very low enrollment of students and a generation of losing fans is probably why. The good news is the team is starting to develop a winning program that will draw more fans in. It will not happen overnight.
As I said excuses are for losers, you are talking of two top 25 teams in a conference championship one going to a New Year's Bowl. Sick and tired of the excuses. How many employee of Tulane Uniniversity live in the metro area. Tulane University, Hospital system, primate center, No more excuses!!!

Hospital employees, Tulane employs over 8,000 individuals, representing teaching, administrative, research, and support staff in its two major locations (Uptown and Downtown Campuses), as well as the Tulane National Primate Research Center and Tulane Medical Center hospitals (see Figure 2.1).

University Staff: Faculty & Staff
Tulane is the largest private employer in New Orleans with over 4,600 full-time personnel. Our excellent staff and faculty are at the heart of a great institution and a great city.

University and Fitts tried:
Tulane employees enjoy appreciation football game

https://news.tulane.edu/node/1651210/pdf

Glad to see ticket sales have picked up when I posted this thread, Westfeldt seats were plentiful, I think these are the best in the stadium. Praying for a real sell out and home field advantage Over 12,000 Tulane employees, over 12,000 students plus lifelong fans if this is not completely sold out it will be pathetic. Multiply each employee and student, fans by two dates or 3-4 family members, can be a larger base than what it is.
RobertM320
Green Wave

1. Westfeldt seats were NOT plentiful. When they released tickets on Wed, there were less than 150 in Westfeldt seats.

2. Those 12000 employees? Many if not most are lifelong LSU fans or even alums. They could care less about Tulane, other than the paycheck they receive.

3. Many of the lifelong fans are too old to go to games.

4. The vast majority of our alumni live out of town.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I thought about this earlier today. Do you realize that the overwhelming majority of ALL UCF alumni are UNDER 65 years old? They officially became UCF in 1980. In the past 40 years they're turned out over 600K alums, mostly all under 65. Tulane in that same span of time has graduated about 70K. UCF graduates 18K students PER YEAR.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Forever TU wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:01 am
True.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V