Take Plumlee out

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Greeniegb
Swell

To those that watched our last game against UCF Plumlee, ran with recklessness. He is putting himself in a dangerous position. If we are ready for one of those runs and have Nick Anderson line up and do an open field head-on tackle, he can flip Plumlee maybe even separate him from the ball. Just be ready and make him sorry he takes off with the ball. If he gets up hurt so be it, Pratt learned the hard way last year. Our turn, put out all stops!!! Called a gauntlet create a crease on defense channel Plumlee down the crease and at the end is Nick Anderson waiting to lay the "boom" on Plumlee!!!

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:20 am To those that watched our last game against UCF Plumlee, ran with recklessness. He is putting himself in a dangerous position. If we are ready for one of those runs and have Nick Anderson line up and do an open field head-on tackle, he can flip Plumlee maybe even separate him from the ball. Just be ready and make him sorry he takes off with the ball. If he gets up hurt so be it, Pratt learned the hard way last year. Our turn, put out all stops!!! Called a gauntlet create a crease on defense channel Plumlee down the crease and at the end is Nick Anderson waiting to lay the "boom" on Plumlee!!!
Bad Karma man. Never wish for that. That’s someone’s kid you’re talking about.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:45 am
Greeniegb wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:20 am To those that watched our last game against UCF Plumlee, ran with recklessness. He is putting himself in a dangerous position. If we are ready for one of those runs and have Nick Anderson line up and do an open field head-on tackle, he can flip Plumlee maybe even separate him from the ball. Just be ready and make him sorry he takes off with the ball. If he gets up hurt so be it, Pratt learned the hard way last year. Our turn, put out all stops!!! Called a gauntlet create a crease on defense channel Plumlee down the crease and at the end is Nick Anderson waiting to lay the "boom" on Plumlee!!!
WOW... I, like TPS and many others on this forum played in a few games .. I NEVER asked that a player "Be taken out or injured" ...my pregame prayer was simple.."I asked that we play our best and trust in our teammates and that nobody gets hurt".. I never asked that we win a game, only that we play our best..... My prayer for Saturdays game is very simple... "that Tulane play up to it's fullest potential, trust your teammates, no unforced errors and that everyone stays healthy"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:53 am
tpstulane wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:45 am
WOW... I, like TPS and many others on this forum played in a few games .. I NEVER asked that a player "Be taken out or injured" ...my pregame prayer was simple.."I asked that we play our best and trust in our teammates and that nobody gets hurt".. I never asked that we win a game, only that we play our best..... My prayer for Saturdays game is very simple... "that Tulane play up to it's fullest potential, trust your teammates, no unforced errors and that everyone stays healthy"
Exactly. Rather than “taking him out”, let’s just contain him and make him pass the ball. He’s clearly a run first QB, making him pass puts him in his discomfort zone.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
msdos
Swell

and here we see a gentleman who routinely calls others a-holes hoping for an injury on a 20 year old student athlete

and we're walking we're walking
GreenLantern
Riptide

GreenLantern
Riptide

Our HS coach was a very religious man and would never have coached us to hit a player so hard that he was injured. He did however encourage us to hit them so hard they didn't want to get up.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Just disgusting.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

My only response to this is that at both the high school and college level, one of our coached goals on defense every week was to "Eliminate the starting QB."

Now take that however you want it,
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:27 pm My only response to this is that at both the high school and college level, one of our coached goals on defense every week was to "Eliminate the starting QB."

We all get that Steve. It’s just not becoming to come here as fans and say you wish injury on another. Great bulletin board material for them.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TURVS71
Swell

Any defensive lineman rushing the quarterback wants to hit him so hard that he has trouble getting up. Nothing wrong with that l. A fighter wants to knockout his opponent . No difference! Just look at the way the NFL overprotects the QB
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:40 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:27 pm My only response to this is that at both the high school and college level, one of our coached goals on defense every week was to "Eliminate the starting QB."

We all get that Steve. It’s just not becoming to come here as fans and say you wish injury on another. Great bulletin board material for them.
I hate to say this, but once again I actually agree with winwave. Why give them any potential BB material?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Highwave
Low Tide

Take this post down - why give UCF fodder for Saturday? Stupid post.
TURVS71
Swell

If a post on a fan message board “riles”
them up them what a joke ! It’s a Championship game. The teams don’t need a message board comment to make them play better!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Highwave
Low Tide

Welcome to the 21st century. For the same reason that Nick Anderson posted the serenity prayer and a message to his teammates to stay off of social media, posts such as this one can affect a locker room.

I am not asking you to delete it - I am asking the original poster to take down this stupid post.
Greeniegb
Swell

Sorry folks, football is a rough game and no one comments badly where a runner hurdles or a defensive tackle flips a receiver when he catches the ball. All anyone says is wow such a great hit, you guys know what I mean, coaches taught Pratt how not to put himself into a dangerous position if the quarterback does not slide the hit is on him not the defensive player. Might I remind those on this forum the bounty gate mauling of Brett Farve, one Saint hit him high while the other hit his knees hard, I am not advocating that type of mauling of a football player. Several players hit Farve after he handed off, that behavior I do not support. I do support hard clean hits, did not say go for his knees or legs, just solid discipline tackling. Now pick on someone else!!!
Highwave
Low Tide

Keyboard warrior, what does Favre have to do with not giving UCF bulletin board material? The title of your post is “Take Plumlee Out” which is football speak for hurt him. It’s classless, stupid and could unnecessarily motivate the opposing team, a team that already proved to be equally or more talented than we are. Just take it down, and write your thoughts down in your diary.
Forever TU
Surge

Delete this shit now. You do realize that would be incredibly dangerous for both players? Fucking embarrassing.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

gbg, if you had any credibility, it's gone with this thread. Frankly, you started without any on my ledger and have gone further into the red. This thread is disgusting. I don't think any of the players on either side are hoping to injure their opponent. Win the game, play hard, hit hard. But don't play dirty or with the intention of "taking someone out." That's just wrong and tells me you never played the game at any level.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Greeniegb
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:13 pm gbg, if you had any credibility, it's gone with this thread. Frankly, you started without any on my ledger and have gone further into the red. This thread is disgusting. I don't think any of the players on either side are hoping to injure their opponent. Win the game, play hard, hit hard. But don't play dirty or with the intention of "taking someone out." That's just wrong and tells me you never played the game at any level.
You are an idiot did not say hurt physically, our team has too much character, you were probably one of the ones praising the saint's tactics of hitting Farve late and high and low. Yes I played football, there are techniques of hitting players hard without injuring them. I know any team teaches its players of legal hard hits, not cheap shots. Have not advocated cheap shots but bell ringer type of hits that make Prumlee think twice about doing the same reckless run!!! Hard hits that will get in Plumlee's head if you don't know what that means you have never played football. My title is overboard but I am sure coaches know what I mean. A player can actually hit the hamstring area to make it tighten up if you want clarity. That would not do any long-term effect except to make Plumlee a little sore.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:34 pm
DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:13 pm gbg, if you had any credibility, it's gone with this thread. Frankly, you started without any on my ledger and have gone further into the red. This thread is disgusting. I don't think any of the players on either side are hoping to injure their opponent. Win the game, play hard, hit hard. But don't play dirty or with the intention of "taking someone out." That's just wrong and tells me you never played the game at any level.
You are an idiot did not say hurt physically, our team has too much character, you were probably one of the ones praising the saint's tactics of hitting Farve late and high and low. Yes I played football, there are techniques of hitting players hard without injuring them. I know any team teaches its players of legal hard hits, not cheap shots. Have not advocated cheap shots but bell ringer type of hits that make Prumlee think twice about doing the same reckless run!!! Hard hits that will get in Plumlee's head if you don't know what that means you have never played football. My title is overboard but I am sure coaches know what I mean. A player can actually hit the hamstring area to make it tighten up if you want clarity. That would not do any long-term effect except to make Plumlee a little sore.
No, you said "take him out." Then you talk about going after a player's hamstrings. Who is the idiot?
Show Me
Tsunami

Another potential sad angle here. A UCF fan sees this and does a social media blast and gets the attention of UCF defensive lineman they in turn retaliate by taking out our QB Pratt. This allows GB’s boy Horton to go in.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I''m not one for censorship, but in this case I'd make an exception. The last thing we need is to give UCF any kind of ammo, in the biggest Tulane game of my lifetime. I would have no problem if this thread were to be deleted.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I have zero issues with clean hard football collisions... I do have issues with intentionally trying to injure an opposing player.... this thread needs to be deleted, before it is locker room material in Orlando
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:51 pm I have zero issues with clean hard football collisions... I do have issues with intentionally trying to injure an opposing player.... this thread needs to be deleted, before it is locker room material in Orlando
To my knowledge, we've never had a thread deleted. I vote to make this the first.