Fear the Wave Collective

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
sslatten
Low Tide

In this constantly changing world of college athletics, the primary reason, and it's not even close (so please don't offer arguments), that most recruits, high school or transfers, choose a school, is the availability of NIL deals. Ask any of our coaches in the major sports and they will tell you exactly the same thing.

Presently, the Fear the Wave Collective is the primary source for arranging NIL deals for Tulane student athletes. Jimmy and Kelly have done an amazing job, as volunteers I might add, in getting this started and raising funds for the Collective and arranging NIL deals for many of our student athletes. This is not run by Tulane University/Athletics, nor is it allowed to be,

For Tulane athletics to continue on an upward trajectory, we need everyone that has the means, to contribute to the FTW Collective, link as follows: https://ftwcollective.com/. The Collective is a 501(3)(C), so all donations are tax deductible. You can also email them via the website if you have any questions.

While they have been successful in raising the initial funds, more and sustained donations are needed. I'm no expert on NIL or how exactly these deals are arranged, but I do know that in order to attract/maintain the best recruits, we need to be able to offer/arrange more and better NIL deals. Willie, Ron, Jay, Lisa, etal will all tell you that this is the "new" way of the world and our ability to increase NIL opportunities for present and future student athletes is the only way we will succeed in recruiting/keeping the top talent at Tulane.

I am doing my part to help Jimmy and Kelly in both donating to the Collective and actively recruiting others to do the same. If you are willing and able to do the same, our coaches and student athletes will be forever grateful. No amount is too small or too large. Thank you for your consideration and lets go 1-0 this week!

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I will be making a donation this week
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I will be sending the money I would be spending on my Wifes Christmas gift to FTW
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:50 am I will be sending the money I would be spending on my Wifes Christmas gift to FTW
:lol: :lol:
Be careful. After the divorce you won’t have her share to give in the future. :lol:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:52 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:50 am I will be sending the money I would be spending on my Wifes Christmas gift to FTW
Be careful. After the divorce you won’t have her share to give in the future. :lol:
I have one hell of a prenup...and we do not have any shared baking accounts or credit cards...there is no "Mr and Mrs" on anything...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:11 am
I have one hell of a prenup...and we do not have any shared baking accounts or credit cards...there is no "Mr and Mrs" on anything...
Second marriage I’m guessing?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:34 pm
that is correct...divorced for almost 10 years when I met my wife in 1996, we dated-lived together for 5 more years before we got married in 2001
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:49 pm
Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:34 pm
that is correct...divorced for almost 10 years when I met my wife in 1996, we dated-lived together for 5 more years before we got married in 2001
Good move!
Bigschtick
Riptide

I don't think Mr Slatten intended this thread turn into a joke fest! I intend to donate as should everyone here.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sslatten wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:11 am In this constantly changing world of college athletics, the primary reason, and it's not even close (so please don't offer arguments), that most recruits, high school or transfers, choose a school, is the availability of NIL deals. Ask any of our coaches in the major sports and they will tell you exactly the same thing.

Presently, the Fear the Wave Collective is the primary source for arranging NIL deals for Tulane student athletes. Jimmy and Kelly have done an amazing job, as volunteers I might add, in getting this started and raising funds for the Collective and arranging NIL deals for many of our student athletes. This is not run by Tulane University/Athletics, nor is it allowed to be,

For Tulane athletics to continue on an upward trajectory, we need everyone that has the means, to contribute to the FTW Collective, link as follows: https://ftwcollective.com/. The Collective is a 501(3)(C), so all donations are tax deductible. You can also email them via the website if you have any questions.

While they have been successful in raising the initial funds, more and sustained donations are needed. I'm no expert on NIL or how exactly these deals are arranged, but I do know that in order to attract/maintain the best recruits, we need to be able to offer/arrange more and better NIL deals. Willie, Ron, Jay, Lisa, etal will all tell you that this is the "new" way of the world and our ability to increase NIL opportunities for present and future student athletes is the only way we will succeed in recruiting/keeping the top talent at Tulane.

I am doing my part to help Jimmy and Kelly in both donating to the Collective and actively recruiting others to do the same. If you are willing and able to do the same, our coaches and student athletes will be forever grateful. No amount is too small or too large. Thank you for your consideration and lets go 1-0 this week!
I appreciate the donations you and your family have made to Tulane athletics over the years.. However, you need to learn your manners. You have no place telling people what they can argue and what they can't Secondly you're not just wrong here but you are dead wrong. Tulane has tried to skip steps and go on the cheap. It has failed and failed miserably. The goal is to win and win consistently against quality opposition. That won't happen by skipping steps. FACILITIES are every bit as important if not more so. When we offer a player NIL money the other teams will do the same. The difference is they have the facilities and we don't. So we will lose out. Both are needed. Not only have the fans said it the AD is saying it. Kelly and Jimmy are doing a good thing and they are focused on NIL. But neither has dared say all money going to Tulane athletics should just go to NIL You are wrong to imply that. Tulane hasn't produced a lot of true big money people. Of the few they have not many have any interest in athletics. It's Dannen's job to get them to give. He needs to cash in on this season ASAP. Hopefully we win Saturday and then win the Cotton Bowl. If those type donors can't be rustled up in a big way now it is never going to happen and that will be the end because Tulane can't go through another 70 years + like the last 70+.

ROLLWAVEROLL! 1-0!!!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sslatten
Low Tide

winwave - I don't have the time or patience to argue with you. You believe what you want to believe, that's your right.

To the rest of our fans/supporters - My post above is what has been directly told to me by the PTB in both administration and coaching. as the landscape has changed in the past year as to recruiting and retention of our student athletes. As I stated, it's your choice to give or not to the FTW Collective and that's all I have to say on the matter. I'm outta here!
Show Me
Tsunami

sslatten wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:02 am winwave - I don't have the time or patience to argue with you. You believe what you want to believe, that's your right.

To the rest of our fans/supporters - My post above is what has been directly told to me by the PTB in both administration and coaching. as the landscape has changed in the past year as to recruiting and retention of our student athletes. As I stated, it's your choice to give or not to the FTW Collective and that's all I have to say on the matter. I'm outta here!
Donating here for sure Scott.

However I agree with winwave on facilities. I believe if we want to get into the B12 or a better conference our lack of facilities will hold us back. If we remain content here then we’ll be stuck in the CUSAAC for years to come. NIL will actually get kids I’m sure but facilities will get us P5 status.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sslatten wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:02 am winwave - I don't have the time or patience to argue with you. You believe what you want to believe, that's your right.

Take your ball and go home as usual. The AD is out there asking for money for both publicly. He said it was important to give to the GWC and NIL. More importantly if someone in Tulane athletics says something it doesn't make them right. See the last 70 plus years. WE NEED BOTH FACILITIES AND NIL MONEY.

Most importantly this isn't where the message needs to be relayed. No one here has mega bucks. It;s the mega donors that TD needs to be dealing right RIGHT NOW.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Winwave, who are you to insult Mr Slatten ? I am sure he has done far more for Tulane athletics than you.? You really come across as very mean spirited and unnecessarily argumentative. You are not Gods gift to this forum. Now make your substantial donation to FTW! and please stop trying to push more fans away. Danka
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Bigschtick wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:37 am Winwave, who are you to insult Mr Slatten ? I am sure he has done far more for Tulane athletics than you.? You really come across as very mean spirited and unnecessarily argumentative. You are not Gods gift to this forum. Now make your substantial donation to FTW! and please stop trying to push more fans away. Danka
Bigschtick, You just realizing this about winwave now?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:37 am Winwave, who are you to insult Mr Slatten ? I am sure he has done far more for Tulane athletics than you.? You really come across as very mean spirited and unnecessarily argumentative. You are not Gods gift to this forum. Now make your substantial donation to FTW! and please stop trying to push more fans away. Danka
I didn't insult him. His point of view is not above questioning. Silly and childish to try and paint it that way.
Oh Brother
Low Tide

I am grateful to the Slattens, Glazers, Yulmans, Goldrings and others who have generously contributed to the athletic dept as well as university at large.We all know that Tulane has a large out of state student body which reduces support and the media locally does nothing to promote interest in Tulane sports. Just see where newspaper discusses our games. NIL is a poorly conceived remedy to the problem major athletic schools have due to the enormous money athletics provide but we know that doesn’t trickle down to us so we fall farther behind. We should also support as we can and be grateful to others who do so.
TURVS71
Swell

This is for Scott Slatten:

First let me say that the comments directed towards you were unacceptable and unnecessary, IMO.

I sincerely appreciate all that your family has done for Tulane Athletics. I briefly knew your father through my work at Hibernia and I know where you got you Tulane Passion from. Everything you opine is a fact in today’s college football landscape. We all know that, BY CHOICE, Tulane fell behind and is hopefully trying to catch up.. We all know that we won’t be an LSU, Ohio State, but with the recently approved 12 team playoff, we have just as good a chance to make the CFP as any other team. It’s up to Tulane now to enter this race wholeheartedly.

Again, I appreciate your dedication both in moral support and financial support! I would be happy to work with you in any way to assist this program in taking the next step!

#Rollwave
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
sslatten
Low Tide

Folks:
If you know me, I truly don't care what other people think or think about me; i have very thick skin. I'm in the tugboat business, and you dont get far in this business if you easily get butthurt!

I appreciate the kind words TURVS71, but people are entitled to their own opinions. I'm just not going to argue with people about what has been told directly to me, face to face, about what our most pressing needs are TODAY! Transfer portal opens on Monday and NIL is hugely important in that regard. I also just asked for people to consider donating to the FTW Collective, if they so choose and gave my reasoning.

Sure, we all want an IPF, new weight room (although the present weight room that i funded seemed to work out just fine for Coach Hester and our football team this year), etc and those things take time.

We can all agree to disagree, but I'm not going to get bogged down in arguments, when the biggest moment in Tulane football in 24 years, if not longer, is 24 hours away. Time to go 1-0 and book flights/hotels to Dallas!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The things you say were told to you to your face are contradicted by the public statements of the HC and the AD. Maybe you misunderstood what was told to you but there is no question that facilities are of the utmost importance to the program.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Nice editorial Scott wrote in todays Advocate paper.
Roll Wave!
https://www.nola.com/opinions/letters/l ... 8c6df.html
Thank you to Coach Willie Fritz!

Congratulations to the Tulane football team, Fritz and his staff for a wonderful football season, so far, with the best won-loss record of any team in Louisiana.

The people of the metro area need to get out to Yulman Stadium this Saturday and support these young men in the American Athletic Conference Championship Game. These young men have earned support, not just in their efforts on the field, but in the way they carry themselves off the field and in the classroom.

Fritz is a class act and has rebuilt the Tulane football program to levels rarely seen Uptown, with four bowl games in the past five years, first ever College Football Poll ranking and rankings in both AP/USA Today polls for the first time since 1998.

Now, let's go 1-0 this week in front of a packed Yulman Stadium and earn that trip to the Cotton Bowl on January 2, 2023.

A one, a two, a Helluva Hullabaloo!

SCOTT SLATTEN
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Wonderful
sslatten
Low Tide

On behalf of our student athletes, thank you to everyone who has donated to the FTW Collective.
The number and amounts of donations since the Cincy and AAC Championship wins have been fantastic and more is on the way, from what i have been told.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

sslatten wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:14 pm On behalf of our student athletes, thank you to everyone who has donated to the FTW Collective.
The number and amounts of donations since the Cincy and AAC Championship wins have been fantastic and more is on the way, from what i have been told.
rather than pay 300.00 per person for a "tailgate" I am using those funds for FTW
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:09 pm
sslatten wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:14 pm On behalf of our student athletes, thank you to everyone who has donated to the FTW Collective.
rather than pay 300.00 per person for a "tailgate" I am using those funds for FTW
Agreed.

I'd also like to encourage Fitts and Dannen to make public statements about Tulane's commitment to winning, and "Big Time" football. Now's the time to play the cards while they're hot. Such an announcement would spur more donations. Don't be afraid of spoiling the academic reputation, that has proven to be a myth. And don't just pay lip service, follow through and make us a legitimate candidate for a P5 invite.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V