Fritz DOESN'T take Georgia Tech job

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
anEngineer
Riptide

We need to recognize that with success, this will happen to a certain degree every year. That's a cost of success; we just aren't used to dealing with it. Another year of coach Fritz should solidify our program and make us more attractive next year to other coaches and other conferences. Roll Wave!

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
1989alum
Low Tide

I hope Willie fleeced them proper and the winning continues! Roll Wave!
Dave breslin
Swell

Success costs and it’s something I don’t think we ever got from the previous two dildoes. Hopefully we now have a knowledgeable person who can see that to win you need to invest. Something more than dyeing your hair green and squeezing the pennies. .
Bigschtick
Riptide

If it took this unsettling trauma to get the school to wake up, great! For sake of continuity and keeping the program moving forward, I am glad he is staying! AND THANK YOU Todd Dannen.
Last edited by Bigschtick on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wave755
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:56 pm If it took this unsettling trauma to get the school to wake up, great! For sake of continuity and keeping the program moving forward, I am glad he is staying!
And, it looks bad that whenever we have a good season the coach leaves, i.e. Larry Smith 1979/80, Tommy Bowden 1998.
sslatten
Low Tide

I just hope the AJC writer that erroneously tweeted that Willie had been hired by GT gets fired! What a jackass, who got played by Key's people!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

posse wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:51 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:17 pm So Willie struck out again. I hope TD didn't get fleeced again.

Now on to 1-0!
Hey winwave !!! SCREW YOU......I hope Willie got a big raise for him and his staff, concessions on recruiting and a commitment for updating facilities. This type scenario is the only way we get Tulane Administration to do something for Athletics...
FU too! Willie soured what should have been a great week. I hope the staff gets raises and donors step up for facilities. But we've been down this road a few times now and that hasn't happened.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:01 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:17 pm So Willie struck out again. I hope TD didn't get fleeced again.

Now on to 1-0!
Hey winwave !!! SCREW YOU......I hope Willie got a big raise for him and his staff, concessions on recruiting and a commitment for updating facilities. This type scenario is the only way we get Tulane Administration to do something for Athletics...
Exactly what I was thinking
If only anybody cared what you thought.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:08 pm

Now on to 1-0!
Reasonable Tulane supporters also feel that way, about both parts of your statement.
Said by the unreasonable whiner that just comes here to bash posters.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

Now I've seen everything.

Did the Glazer soccer sale go through?
Last edited by MicMan on Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MicMan
Swell

I guess Cowen doesn't have the juice anymore! Tulane's football to-do list should include showing him the door.
anEngineer
Riptide

This episode is reminiscent of when Perry Clark was expected to replace Bobby Cremins at GT when Cremins was going to So. Carolina. Cremins backed out at the last minute and we kept Perry.
Bigschtick
Riptide

TURVS71 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:35 pm As we have said before ..IF we don’t do something about facilities, and SOON. the train will leave the station PERMANENTLY this time. Dannen needs to get off his ass and FIND $$$. HE is the AD l! The room for a football admin bldg and a first class weight room AND much office space is there.. The plaza in front of Yulman is a waste of valuable space. Currently the Hertz Center is attached to Yulman and extends all the way to Ben Weiner Drive. You can build from the Hertz Center all the way to the where the old souvenir shop was located and as for height , that could be 3 or 4 Floors. The bottom would be left open to allow access to Yulman.. Yeah I know, pipe dream but viable with $$$$ and Admin. support .
Calm down. We just got something we have not seen or heard from The Administration ever, a commitment to athletics! Dannen pulled it off. Give him a break and relax for 5 minutes!
MicMan
Swell

How soon before Ron Hunter starts complaining?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:06 pm
TURVS71 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:35 pm As we have said before ..IF we don’t do something about facilities, and SOON. the train will leave the station PERMANENTLY this time. Dannen needs to get off his ass and FIND $$$. HE is the AD l! The room for a football admin bldg and a first class weight room AND much office space is there.. The plaza in front of Yulman is a waste of valuable space. Currently the Hertz Center is attached to Yulman and extends all the way to Ben Weiner Drive. You can build from the Hertz Center all the way to the where the old souvenir shop was located and as for height , that could be 3 or 4 Floors. The bottom would be left open to allow access to Yulman.. Yeah I know, pipe dream but viable with $$$$ and Admin. support .
Calm down. We just got something we have not seen or heard from The Administration ever, a commitment to athletics! Dannen pulled it off. Give him a break and relax for 5 minutes!
You do realize the tweet above is fake?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wishlist.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wave97
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:59 pm
Bigschtick wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:56 pm If it took this unsettling trauma to get the school to wake up, great! For sake of continuity and keeping the program moving forward, I am glad he is staying!
And, it looks bad that whenever we have a good season the coach leaves, i.e. Larry Smith 1979/80, Tommy Bowden 1998.
You mean Rich Rodriguez?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:22 pm
This is what was needed. And it was so well done that at first I thought it was real. Please tell me it's real! The first tweet was classic Tulane. Make a situation that was starting to clear up ugly again.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

1989alum wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:28 pm I hope Willie fleeced them proper and the winning continues! Roll Wave!
".....fleeced them proper...." A new classic. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
greenie78
Riptide

Is this real?
1989alum
Low Tide

That can't be correct. Tulane would never and does not have to discuss salary levels as a private university.
Show Me
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:58 pm
Is this real?
Needs to be.
Bigschtick
Riptide

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:15 pm
You do realize the tweet above is fake?
Win, are you saying that the POST by TURV is a fake? Say it ain't so!