Tulane climbin' the Academic Polls

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow. LSU last
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:25 am
Wow. LSU last
I am surprised we're as low as we are. 66th? Cincy is #9?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:32 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:25 am
Wow. LSU last
I am surprised we're as low as we are. 66th? Cincy is #9?
That whole poll is misleading. It all has to do with how much "improvement" there has been. Schools with low academic standing have more of an upside advantage in any particular year--hence the bizarre rankings.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

I have never understood exactly what this study means. We know that Tulane does an outstanding job of retaining athletes and having them get degrees. Tulane also just opened a dedicated facility help tutor athletes where they can work near the athletic facilities. That seems to be success and improvement. What more could there be.