Tulane Host UCF AAC Championship Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

This is what winning does. Weird little videos like this pop-up.

Hey, I'm not complaining!

Forever TU
Surge

The remaining UCF allotment was just returned…looks like a decent Amt in 118 and a smattering elsewhere
greenie78
Riptide

Forever TU wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:16 pm The remaining UCF allotment was just returned…looks like a decent Amt in 118 and a smattering elsewhere
Sounds like they're not gonna take over the stadium this time.
Ruski
Swell

Tulane ranked 3rd in the combined Big12 according to this Kstate fan site :mrgreen:

https://www.bringonthecats.com/2022/11/ ... e-football
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:31 pm Tulane ranked 3rd in the combined Big12 according to this Kstate fan site :mrgreen:

If only the Lubbock writer had this much of an open mind...but the air is thin on the high plains, so not much oxygen gets to the brain cells
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Ruski
Swell

Everyone predicting Penn St in the Cotton Bowl.

I'm ok with this. They had some close games this year; Purdue, Northwestern.

A good name brand for a signature win and probably easier to beat than TENN.

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Forever TU wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:16 pm The remaining UCF allotment was just returned…looks like a decent Amt in 118 and a smattering elsewhere
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:31 pm Tulane ranked 3rd in the combined Big12 according to this Kstate fan site :mrgreen:

If they were truly honest with themselves, they'd have rated Tulane #2 and K-State #3.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Forever TU
Surge

Check your tix account emails. Looks like tickets were emailed out.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Got mine and downloaded. Tix and parking. 70 1/2 hours to go.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Forever TU
Surge

Man UCF fans are um….something else. Their newest claim is that we intentionally hijacked their ability to buy tickets. It’s like they’ve never been to a championship game before or something…..
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Ucf fans are TERRIBLE. My Group almost got into an altercation with a group during the last Yulman matchup. They were trying to pick fights, swearing and trying to claim “homefield advantage”.

Several older Ucf fans we spoke to later were kind and respectful.

Latest update from Brett McMurphy and major outlets is Penn State goes to rose bowl Over Ohio state. Sounds pretty official and based on “sources”.

Tennesse would then come to the cotton bowl. Sounds good to me. I also wouldn’t mind Utah beating USC, and USC comes to Cotton Bowl.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I know we have a lot of folks here who aren't locals. Currently we are getting a lot of good coverage from the local media. All the TV stations are giving our CCG a lot of attention. Due to LSwho getting their asses handed to them and now not being given any chance to win their CCG the focus is on us.

Here's to 1-0 and taking full advantage of that for the next month leading to the Cotton Bowl!
Ruski
Swell

winwave wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:58 pm I know we have a lot of folks here who aren't locals. Currently we are getting a lot of good coverage from the local media. All the TV stations are giving our CCG a lot of attention. Due to LSwho getting their asses handed to them and now not being given any chance to win their CCG the focus is on us.

Here's to 1-0 and taking full advantage of that for the next month leading to the Cotton Bowl!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Forever TU wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:02 pm Man UCF fans are um….something else. Their newest claim is that we intentionally hijacked their ability to buy tickets. It’s like they’ve never been to a championship game before or something…..
There's no shortage of reasonably priced good seats on Stub Hub. I bought two from Tulane to give my daughter and her fiance. They have friends who bought seats in the same section (119) for $36 each.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenie78
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:08 am
Forever TU wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:02 pm Man UCF fans are um….something else. Their newest claim is that we intentionally hijacked their ability to buy tickets. It’s like they’ve never been to a championship game before or something…..
There's no shortage of reasonably priced good seats on Stub Hub. I bought two from Tulane to give my daughter and her fiance. They have friends who bought seats in the same section (119) for $36 each.
There's still plenty of seats on the Tulane website. More seats opened up.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

UCF and the conference returned tix. Today was the STH deadline so some more might become available later.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I have no idea if season ticket holders returned any tickets, but there's now $10 tickets in 114 available. The $20 sideline seats are disappearing, as are the $50 200 seats. The view from ANY 200 level seat is better than most at just about any other stadium. Say what you want about the eyesore of the NIMBY side, but Yulman is an intimate stadium with a great in-game experience. I've never heard a negative comment, other than "it's small" from a visiting team fan.

Concessions better be well-stocked and staffed.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Forever TU
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:46 am I have no idea if season ticket holders returned any tickets, but there's now $10 tickets in 114 available. The $20 sideline seats are disappearing, as are the $50 200 seats. The view from ANY 200 level seat is better than most at just about any other stadium. Say what you want about the eyesore of the NIMBY side, but Yulman is an intimate stadium with a great in-game experience. I've never heard a negative comment, other than "it's small" from a visiting team fan.

Concessions better be well-stocked and staffed.

ROLL WAVE!
Agreed. Westfeldt is fantastic. Our STHs have until 5 PM CST today to claim their seats for the game. So Imagine the next batch of available tix would be made available first thing tomorrow.
bananax07
Ripple

DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:46 am Say what you want about the eyesore of the NIMBY side
is this why the press box side looks like a high school stadium? have always wondered...
Forever TU
Surge

bananax07 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:15 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:46 am Say what you want about the eyesore of the NIMBY side
is this why the press box side looks like a high school stadium? have always wondered...
Yes. The original renderings / plans for the stadium had a wraparound 2nd deck on the west side with decks on either corner to mirror the east side. Alas :/
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Forever TU wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:51 am
bananax07 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:15 am
Yes. The original renderings / plans for the stadium had a wraparound 2nd deck on the west side with decks on either corner to mirror the east side. Alas :/
My biggest concern came from the previous administration saying to expand they would triple deck the East side as not to bother the couple of complaining neighbors on Audubon Blvd. Now could you imagine the look of that monstrosity.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)