Late surge helps Wave beat lowly Charleston Southern 99-79

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play them tomorrow night at 6. It will be on ESPN+. They finished 6-25, 1-15 in the Big South last season. They are picked to come in last in the 10 team league. Cook is supposed to play.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane favored by 21.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

Sorry no interest. I’d rather play Loyola whom we didn’t schedule this year I guess because they got good.
swampnik
Surge

Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:29 am Sorry no interest. I’d rather play Loyola whom we didn’t schedule this year I guess because they got good.
I`d like to see Loyola back on the schedule too.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
greenie78
Riptide

Sucks it's the same night as the Pelicans game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:28 pm Sucks it's the same night as the Pelicans game.
Yes. For sure. Pels have been fun to watch this year.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:01 am
Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:29 am Sorry no interest. I’d rather play Loyola whom we didn’t schedule this year I guess because they got good.
I`d like to see Loyola back on the schedule too.
Yes. Donald Reyes coaching at Loyola also coached here. I wonder why we didn’t play them this year. They opened up with USM and SELA.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Ugly 20pt win against bad competition. Played lazy on defense all night. Close game until the final 6 mins when CSU went ice cold on open looks. The bench for the Wave won it. Playing a weak schedule will hurt us in conference play.
Jaxwave
Swell

The Hunter Tulane era:
1. Zone D with terrible D rebounding due to lack of fundamental blocking out
2. Cupcake OOC schedule
3. Stand around the 3 pt line jacking up treys
anEngineer
Riptide

So, last year, the team struggled in OOC and the knotheads on this site wanted Coach Hunter fired. Now, they are winning against solidly coached teams and it's complaints because the teams we are playing aren't prestigious enough. CSU played at Ohio St last week; is OSU dogging it too? P5 teams refuse to play us here because they fear losing. If any of you complainers have the connections to get us a home and home, Coach Hunter would appreciate your influence. Why can't you just enjoy winning?
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:46 pm So, last year, the team struggled in OOC and the knotheads on this site wanted Coach Hunter fired. Now, they are winning against solidly coached teams and it's complaints because the teams we are playing aren't prestigious enough. CSU played at Ohio St last week; is OSU dogging it too? P5 teams refuse to play us here because they fear losing. If any of you complainers have the connections to get us a home and home, Coach Hunter would appreciate your influence. Why can't you just enjoy winning?
Prior to RH we had NC come to town, GT just two ACC schools that come to mind. These games are RPI deadweights. Go on the road and play up in competition to try to improve the RPI and prepare for the league. I get playing a few of these bad teams but our entire home schedule is loaded with them. The league should force us to play up.
anEngineer
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:55 pm
anEngineer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:46 pm So, last year, the team struggled in OOC and the knotheads on this site wanted Coach Hunter fired. Now, they are winning against solidly coached teams and it's complaints because the teams we are playing aren't prestigious enough. CSU played at Ohio St last week; is OSU dogging it too? P5 teams refuse to play us here because they fear losing. If any of you complainers have the connections to get us a home and home, Coach Hunter would appreciate your influence. Why can't you just enjoy winning?
Prior to RH we had NC come to town, GT just two ACC schools that come to mind. These games are RPI deadweights. Go on the road and play up in competition to try to improve the RPI and prepare for the league. I get playing a few of these bad teams but our entire home schedule is loaded with them. The league should force us to play up.
What don't you understand about them refusing to play here? You think you can force them to come here? Please do so. Of course teams were willing to come here and beat up on Dunleavy. It was an easy tune up. Stop blaming Hunter. He wants to play them. He's thrilled that they could play LSU in the upcoming tournament if they both get to the championship game. Why can't you just enjoy winning and stop complaining about it. This is the most talented and deepest team in over 2 decades.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:24 pm
What don't you understand about them refusing to play here? You think you can force them to come here? Please do so. Of course teams were willing to come here and beat up on Dunleavy. It was an easy tune up. Stop blaming Hunter. He wants to play them. He's thrilled that they could play LSU in the upcoming tournament if they both get to the championship game. Why can't you just enjoy winning and stop complaining about it. This is the most talented and deepest team in over 2 decades.
Complaining because we can do better. Play road games if they won’t want to play here. I’m sure we don’t have the budget to pay either. But look at our baseball schedule this year. We are playing good road games that’s what you do if you want to get into the tournament as an at large. You need quality road wins.
Look at FB. We go on the road and beat Kansas St and that gives you credibility. Basketball should take notes.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

99-79 win tonight
Next up the Cayman Island Classic road tournament. Hopefully we get to play and beat LSU in it.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:43 pm
Complaining because we can do better. Play road games if they won’t want to play here. I’m sure we don’t have the budget to pay either. But look at our baseball schedule this year. We are playing good road games that’s what you do if you want to get into the tournament as an at large. You need quality road wins.
Look at FB. We go on the road and beat Kansas St and that gives you credibility. Basketball should take notes.
Hence the tournament. Potentially Kansas State and LSU on the road.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:16 am
Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:43 pm

Hence the tournament. Potentially Kansas State and LSU on the road.
Potentially fine but not guaranteed. And it’s not considered a road game. It’s a neutral site game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

K. State was picked last in the Big 12. So only one chance at a decent opponent in LSU who has struggled early against weak competition.
swampnik
Surge

Was at game. Pope was inspired. Hated not to see Daniels. It was too bad the Wave did not turn on the jets to very late cause Coach M was quoted days before that EVERYONE would see the floor. Wave almost caught up on rebounds by games end and almost hitting 100 points was fun to watch.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
oliveandblue
Surge

URI and Nevada would also be Q2 nonconference wins.

Every game is risky for Tulane, but we're also good enough to be a risky out ourselves. It should be a very fun tournament to watch.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

oliveandblue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:38 pm URI and Nevada would also be Q2 nonconference wins.

Every game is risky for Tulane, but we're also good enough to be a risky out ourselves. It should be a very fun tournament to watch.
You can watch it here:
https://www.flohoops.com/watch
Tulane Class of 1981
oliveandblue
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:39 pm
oliveandblue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:38 pm URI and Nevada would also be Q2 nonconference wins.

Where can you watch it?
FloSports. It's an app. I'll see if I can do a trial or super cheap 1 month thing. I'm not investing into yet another streaming service lol.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

oliveandblue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:41 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:39 pm

Where can you watch it?
FloSports. It's an app. I'll see if I can do a trial or super cheap 1 month thing. I'm not investing into yet another streaming service lol.
https://www.flohoops.com/events/7965994 ... ds-classic
Tulane Class of 1981
Tulane1111
High Tide

Liked those white uni’s with those pinstripes!

Hunter has really recruited some of offensive talent!