Late surge helps Wave beat lowly Charleston Southern 99-79

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21634
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

We play them tomorrow night at 6. It will be on ESPN+. They finished 6-25, 1-15 in the Big South last season. They are picked to come in last in the 10 team league. Cook is supposed to play.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.


Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21634
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tulane favored by 21.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 4515
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sorry no interest. I’d rather play Loyola whom we didn’t schedule this year I guess because they got good.
swampnik
Surge
Posts: 832
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 am
Location: Paris, France et NOLA
Status: Offline

Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:29 am Sorry no interest. I’d rather play Loyola whom we didn’t schedule this year I guess because they got good.
I`d like to see Loyola back on the schedule too.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
greenie78
Swell
Posts: 1611
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Online

Sucks it's the same night as the Pelicans game.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

greenie78 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:28 pm Sucks it's the same night as the Pelicans game.
Yes. For sure. Pels have been fun to watch this year.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

swampnik wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:01 am
Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:29 am Sorry no interest. I’d rather play Loyola whom we didn’t schedule this year I guess because they got good.
I`d like to see Loyola back on the schedule too.
Yes. Donald Reyes coaching at Loyola also coached here. I wonder why we didn’t play them this year. They opened up with USM and SELA.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 4515
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Ugly 20pt win against bad competition. Played lazy on defense all night. Close game until the final 6 mins when CSU went ice cold on open looks. The bench for the Wave won it. Playing a weak schedule will hurt us in conference play.
Jaxwave
Swell
Posts: 1969
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

The Hunter Tulane era:
1. Zone D with terrible D rebounding due to lack of fundamental blocking out
2. Cupcake OOC schedule
3. Stand around the 3 pt line jacking up treys
anEngineer
Swell
Posts: 1424
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

So, last year, the team struggled in OOC and the knotheads on this site wanted Coach Hunter fired. Now, they are winning against solidly coached teams and it's complaints because the teams we are playing aren't prestigious enough. CSU played at Ohio St last week; is OSU dogging it too? P5 teams refuse to play us here because they fear losing. If any of you complainers have the connections to get us a home and home, Coach Hunter would appreciate your influence. Why can't you just enjoy winning?
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 4515
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

anEngineer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:46 pm So, last year, the team struggled in OOC and the knotheads on this site wanted Coach Hunter fired. Now, they are winning against solidly coached teams and it's complaints because the teams we are playing aren't prestigious enough. CSU played at Ohio St last week; is OSU dogging it too? P5 teams refuse to play us here because they fear losing. If any of you complainers have the connections to get us a home and home, Coach Hunter would appreciate your influence. Why can't you just enjoy winning?
Prior to RH we had NC come to town, GT just two ACC schools that come to mind. These games are RPI deadweights. Go on the road and play up in competition to try to improve the RPI and prepare for the league. I get playing a few of these bad teams but our entire home schedule is loaded with them. The league should force us to play up.
anEngineer
Swell
Posts: 1424
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:55 pm
anEngineer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:46 pm So, last year, the team struggled in OOC and the knotheads on this site wanted Coach Hunter fired. Now, they are winning against solidly coached teams and it's complaints because the teams we are playing aren't prestigious enough. CSU played at Ohio St last week; is OSU dogging it too? P5 teams refuse to play us here because they fear losing. If any of you complainers have the connections to get us a home and home, Coach Hunter would appreciate your influence. Why can't you just enjoy winning?
Prior to RH we had NC come to town, GT just two ACC schools that come to mind. These games are RPI deadweights. Go on the road and play up in competition to try to improve the RPI and prepare for the league. I get playing a few of these bad teams but our entire home schedule is loaded with them. The league should force us to play up.
What don't you understand about them refusing to play here? You think you can force them to come here? Please do so. Of course teams were willing to come here and beat up on Dunleavy. It was an easy tune up. Stop blaming Hunter. He wants to play them. He's thrilled that they could play LSU in the upcoming tournament if they both get to the championship game. Why can't you just enjoy winning and stop complaining about it. This is the most talented and deepest team in over 2 decades.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 4515
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

anEngineer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:24 pm
Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:55 pm
anEngineer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:46 pm So, last year, the team struggled in OOC and the knotheads on this site wanted Coach Hunter fired. Now, they are winning against solidly coached teams and it's complaints because the teams we are playing aren't prestigious enough. CSU played at Ohio St last week; is OSU dogging it too? P5 teams refuse to play us here because they fear losing. If any of you complainers have the connections to get us a home and home, Coach Hunter would appreciate your influence. Why can't you just enjoy winning?
Prior to RH we had NC come to town, GT just two ACC schools that come to mind. These games are RPI deadweights. Go on the road and play up in competition to try to improve the RPI and prepare for the league. I get playing a few of these bad teams but our entire home schedule is loaded with them. The league should force us to play up.
What don't you understand about them refusing to play here? You think you can force them to come here? Please do so. Of course teams were willing to come here and beat up on Dunleavy. It was an easy tune up. Stop blaming Hunter. He wants to play them. He's thrilled that they could play LSU in the upcoming tournament if they both get to the championship game. Why can't you just enjoy winning and stop complaining about it. This is the most talented and deepest team in over 2 decades.
Complaining because we can do better. Play road games if they won’t want to play here. I’m sure we don’t have the budget to pay either. But look at our baseball schedule this year. We are playing good road games that’s what you do if you want to get into the tournament as an at large. You need quality road wins.
Look at FB. We go on the road and beat Kansas St and that gives you credibility. Basketball should take notes.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

99-79 win tonight
Next up the Cayman Island Classic road tournament. Hopefully we get to play and beat LSU in it.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 8541
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:43 pm
anEngineer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:24 pm
Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:55 pm
Prior to RH we had NC come to town, GT just two ACC schools that come to mind. These games are RPI deadweights. Go on the road and play up in competition to try to improve the RPI and prepare for the league. I get playing a few of these bad teams but our entire home schedule is loaded with them. The league should force us to play up.
What don't you understand about them refusing to play here? You think you can force them to come here? Please do so. Of course teams were willing to come here and beat up on Dunleavy. It was an easy tune up. Stop blaming Hunter. He wants to play them. He's thrilled that they could play LSU in the upcoming tournament if they both get to the championship game. Why can't you just enjoy winning and stop complaining about it. This is the most talented and deepest team in over 2 decades.
Complaining because we can do better. Play road games if they won’t want to play here. I’m sure we don’t have the budget to pay either. But look at our baseball schedule this year. We are playing good road games that’s what you do if you want to get into the tournament as an at large. You need quality road wins.
Look at FB. We go on the road and beat Kansas St and that gives you credibility. Basketball should take notes.
Hence the tournament. Potentially Kansas State and LSU on the road.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 4515
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:16 am
Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:43 pm
anEngineer wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:24 pm

What don't you understand about them refusing to play here? You think you can force them to come here? Please do so. Of course teams were willing to come here and beat up on Dunleavy. It was an easy tune up. Stop blaming Hunter. He wants to play them. He's thrilled that they could play LSU in the upcoming tournament if they both get to the championship game. Why can't you just enjoy winning and stop complaining about it. This is the most talented and deepest team in over 2 decades.
Complaining because we can do better. Play road games if they won’t want to play here. I’m sure we don’t have the budget to pay either. But look at our baseball schedule this year. We are playing good road games that’s what you do if you want to get into the tournament as an at large. You need quality road wins.
Look at FB. We go on the road and beat Kansas St and that gives you credibility. Basketball should take notes.
Hence the tournament. Potentially Kansas State and LSU on the road.
Potentially fine but not guaranteed. And it’s not considered a road game. It’s a neutral site game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 21634
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

K. State was picked last in the Big 12. So only one chance at a decent opponent in LSU who has struggled early against weak competition.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Let's enjoy our last season in D-1!!!
swampnik
Surge
Posts: 832
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 am
Location: Paris, France et NOLA
Status: Offline

Was at game. Pope was inspired. Hated not to see Daniels. It was too bad the Wave did not turn on the jets to very late cause Coach M was quoted days before that EVERYONE would see the floor. Wave almost caught up on rebounds by games end and almost hitting 100 points was fun to watch.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
oliveandblue
Surge
Posts: 825
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:02 pm
Status: Offline

URI and Nevada would also be Q2 nonconference wins.

Every game is risky for Tulane, but we're also good enough to be a risky out ourselves. It should be a very fun tournament to watch.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

oliveandblue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:38 pm URI and Nevada would also be Q2 nonconference wins.

Every game is risky for Tulane, but we're also good enough to be a risky out ourselves. It should be a very fun tournament to watch.
You can watch it here:
https://www.flohoops.com/watch
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
oliveandblue
Surge
Posts: 825
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:02 pm
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:39 pm
oliveandblue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:38 pm URI and Nevada would also be Q2 nonconference wins.

Every game is risky for Tulane, but we're also good enough to be a risky out ourselves. It should be a very fun tournament to watch.
Where can you watch it?
FloSports. It's an app. I'll see if I can do a trial or super cheap 1 month thing. I'm not investing into yet another streaming service lol.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 23223
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

oliveandblue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:41 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:39 pm
oliveandblue wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:38 pm URI and Nevada would also be Q2 nonconference wins.

Every game is risky for Tulane, but we're also good enough to be a risky out ourselves. It should be a very fun tournament to watch.
Where can you watch it?
FloSports. It's an app. I'll see if I can do a trial or super cheap 1 month thing. I'm not investing into yet another streaming service lol.
https://www.flohoops.com/events/7965994 ... ds-classic
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Tulane1111
Low Tide
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:20 pm
Status: Offline

Liked those white uni’s with those pinstripes!

Hunter has really recruited some of offensive talent!
Post Reply