Brian Meyer

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
chain gang x man
Swell

Brian Meyer hired as an assistant coach at Butler University
Good luck to him

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:Brian Meyer hired as an assistant coach at Butler University
Good luck to him
For sure!
Great guy!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Former Director of Operations at Tulane under Rick Jones named new Minnesota Twins minor league manager.
Great to see the RJ tree continue to grow!
https://www.milb.com/news/brian-meyer-n ... ls-manager
Meyer brings with him 13 years of collegiate coaching experience, reaching the NCAA Tournament with three different programs. The Cincinnati native starred as a second baseman for Division III Otterbein College in Ohio before spending three years as the team’s hitting coach and recruiting coordinator.

Meyer ascended to the Division I level in 2010, leading the Wright State Red Raiders to back-to-back Horizon League titles. The now 38-year-old then moved to New Orleans in 2012, logging five seasons at Tulane University. The Green Wave went a combined 76-46 in Meyer’s final two seasons, reaching back-to-back NCAA Tournaments.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I think his coach at Otterbein might think differently since he played for him for three years and then began his coaching career under him for three years before going to Wright State before ever coming to Tulane during the dark period.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:23 am I think his coach at Otterbein might think differently since he played for him for three years and then began his coaching career under him for three years before going to Wright State before ever coming to Tulane during the dark period.
That’s fine. He spent 5 years here which is a nice branch. I knew I’d get typical Pavlov’s dog response from you when I added the RJ tree part. 8-)
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

What is Pavlov's dog is you trying to claim everyone is on RJ's tree. We know every baseball coach on the face of the earth at the same time as him is from RJ's tree. BTW, two of his years here were under Pierce. That's why former Tulane assistant is the proper reference.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Profoundwizard
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:53 am
winwave wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:23 am I think his coach at Otterbein might think differently since he played for him for three years and then began his coaching career under him for three years before going to Wright State before ever coming to Tulane during the dark period.
That’s fine. He spent 5 years here which is a nice branch. I knew I’d get typical Pavlov’s dog response from you when I added the RJ tree part. 8-)
:lol:
He always takes the bait
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Profoundwizard wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:50 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:53 am
:lol:
He always takes the bait
I know. I’m laughing because of it now.
;) 🤫
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Who's laughing is the outsiders that read this site and see it as typical Tulane fans who don't know anything about sports. The only time you hear people talk coaching trees is when they are talking about coaches who have won major championships- SB's. WS'S, NBA Finals and NC's. Even then it's not about any assistant on that coaches staff. It's about assistants that were top assistants under them before moving on to their own successful HC career.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:21 pm Who's laughing is the outsiders that read this site and see it as typical Tulane fans who don't know anything about sports
You’re probably taking this stuff a little too seriously. Barely any Tulane fans read this board, much less outsiders. Even fewer people know when/where Brian Meyer coached at prior to coming to Tulane.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Many read it they just don't post. I get asked what the hell are they talking about all the time by those people . This was a perfect example.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Come on. Anyone that was hired by Rick is a branch on his tree. Meyer worked under RJ for 5 years. The guy knows talented baseball people. Brian just one more example of his great tree. :mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Again it was three years. We didn't go to post season then. He then was under Pierce for 2 years when we did make Regionals. If RJ knew talented people we wouldn't have gone 6 years with no post season. He decided to go with all Tulane coaches and we went 0-6. He should have stuck with going after the best up coming assistants like he did before then. Things would have been different.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:19 pm Again it was three years. We didn't go to post season then. He then was under Pierce for 2 years when we did make Regionals. If RJ knew talented people we wouldn't have gone 6 years with no post season. He decided to go with all Tulane coaches and we went 0-6. He should have stuck with going after the best up coming assistants like he did before then. Things would have been different.
But he stayed on. Pierce could have hired someone else. He stayed with Meyer. There are other factors involved in the 0-6. Still doesn’t change the huge tree RJ has doing well today.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

All said it depends how you define tree. Most don't use it so liberally. We went 0-6. When we changed staffs we went 2-2.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave, why do you dislike RJ? The man is a class act, through and through in my book.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not about dislike. Just about facts.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:55 pm Not about dislike. Just about facts.
It’s pretty clear that you don’t like him
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like I said just about the facts.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Fact is, you don’t like him
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fact is you want to control the narrative and don't like it when the facts disrupt that narrative.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It’s a difference of opinion. If it differs from yours you just can’t accept it. Most here would agree If RJ hired the guy then he’s under his tree. Doesn’t get much clearer than that. Of course he can be under someone’s else’s tree also. Your dislike for RJ always shows.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Maybe most that post here but not most others. Not even close.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:21 pm Fact is you want to control the narrative and don't like it when the facts disrupt that narrative.
What narrative am I trying to control?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This one.