Tulane Beats McNeese St. 75-58

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We play them tonight at 6. The game will be on ESPN+. They were picked 5th in the 10 team Southland. We are 24 point favorites.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

My hometown McNeese has been awful for almost a good decade now. But they have a nice brand new on campus arena. Still they have a long way to go.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

After a sluggish start, Tulane wins by 17, blowing McNeese state out early in the second half and cruising home. No cover, but who cares. I believe the final was 75-58, but not positive.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Tulane1111
High Tide

Moved the ball around really well on offense and did not settle for 3 pointers, drove the ball really well. Also really good on defense with tipped balls and causing to’s.

McNeese looked like they had some good players, should win games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good night for the conference- Temple beat Villanova and UCF beat FSU.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:57 pm Good night for the conference- Temple beat Villanova and UCF beat FSU.
Good. But FSU lost this week to Stetson.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:07 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:57 pm Good night for the conference- Temple beat Villanova and UCF beat FSU.
Good. But FSU lost this week to Stetson.
Yes they did. Still a ranked team when Temple beat them.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Best shot yesterday
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

There was no Cook last night, I guess he's still getting over the cold (flu?) he had. This team has a whole lot to offer and the depth is something we haven't had in a very long time. Jaden Coleman seems more concerned with making a 3 so he can blow kisses to the student section than he is moving in the offensive zone. He stands around without moving a whole lot. The Georgetown transfer, Colin Holloway, put in 25 points in his Green Wave debut. And he did it without looking like a ball hog at all. The whole team looks a lot stronger, Sion James (who has always been "cut") looks like he could win a body-building competition.

The best part of last night's game was seeing the team make adjustments. Early on McNeese, one of the leading offensive rebounding teams in the country (yes, I mean that) was KILLING us on the glass. We all know that Hunter doesn't emphasize rebounding, but this game was very much in question until we committed to basic rebounding fundamentals like boxing out and keeping them off the offensive glass. Someone else said McNeese looks like they have some talented players, and I agree. They're going to win some games in the Southland. Their shooting guard, Zack Scott, whom the announcers told us early on has been encouraged to take his shots whenever he finds them, could not have been colder. I think he was something like zero for 7 on 3 pt shots.

BTW: That Dannen back to the basket 3/4 length of court shot TPS just posted was shown from an entirely different angle on ESPN+ last night. It's legit, not photoshopped (or whatever they do with vids).
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bigschtick
Riptide

Nice post, thanks DfromCt! Nice shot by Troy!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!