Latest bowl projection

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
dpm wave
Swell

That would create some state wide interest

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/col ... ed-spreads

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

dpm wave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:02 am That would create some state wide interest

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaaf/col ... ed-spreads
Had Bama won this wouldn’t be likely. Now if we win out and LSU gets beat by UGA in the SEC championship this matchup will absolutely happen.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If LSU wins out till they lose to UGA in the CCG they would go to the Sugar Bowl per the agreement between the Sugar Bowl and the the SEC.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:24 am If LSU wins out till they lose to UGA in the CCG they would go to the Sugar Bowl per the agreement between the Sugar Bowl and the the SEC.
That’s what I thought but ….,

Usually the SEC runner-up goes to the Sugar. But I wonder for tourism purposes to fill rooms it would better to have BAMA in NOLA and LSU in Dallas.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:31 am
winwave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:24 am If LSU wins out till they lose to UGA in the CCG they would go to the Sugar Bowl per the agreement between the Sugar Bowl and the the SEC.

Usually the SEC runner-up goes to the Sugar. But I wonder for tourism purposes to fill rooms it would better to have BAMA in NOLA and LSU in Dallas.
I doubt the Sugar bowl, for prestige purposes, would allow the 2nd place SEC team to go to Dallas and replace them with a 3rd or 4th place team for hotel rooms....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:37 am

I doubt the Sugar bowl, for prestige purposes, would allow the 2nd place SEC team to go to Dallas and replace them with a 3rd or 4th place team for hotel rooms....
Don’t know if that would matter. Bowls can make deals to benefit one another. Maybe they think LSU would be better in NOLA. Just wondering why this guy would put LSU in the Cotton and BAMA in the Sugar after LSU beat Bama.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:44 am

Don’t know if that would matter. Bowls can make deals to benefit one another. Maybe they think LSU would be better in NOLA. Just wondering why this guy would put LSU in the Cotton and BAMA in the Sugar after LSU beat Bama.
At this point, the only bowl Tulane needs to concern itself with, is the "1-0 bowl" this weekend
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

Cotton Bowl? It will never happen. WE got three more games to attend too! Golf is right as usual!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:52 am
At this point, the only bowl Tulane needs to concern itself with, is the "1-0 bowl" this weekend
True for Tulane but for fans we can speculate
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The Sugar is going to want LSU. They have an 11 AM kick-off this year. So no trade off. These Bowl projections are just wild guesses.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He thinks Bama will end up winning the west division and then lose in the CCG.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:12 am
He thinks Bama will end up winning the west division and then lose in the CCG.
Bama has 2 SEC loses and LSU has one. Plus LSU holds the tiebreaker on BAMA he can’t possibly believe that LSU is going to lose to Ark and Texas A&M to end up with 3 SEC loses.
I can’t believe that. Something else going on in his head.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Obviously he does think that thus his pairings. These Bowl projections are just worthless wild guesses. Not worth putting much stock into.
greenie78
Riptide

If Tennessee wins out but misses the CFP, they would get the Sugar Bowl nod over LSU.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:10 am

The Sugar is going to want LSU. They have an 11 AM kick-off this year. So no trade off. These Bowl projections are just wild guesses.
The Sugar got screwed into the date and time change because the NFL has scheduled a Monday night game (Bills vs Bengals) on Jan 2nd. So they bumped the Sugar Bowl to Saturday Dec 31st 11am. LSU fans will hate that KO time should they get the invite.
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

No desire to see this game. Would love to see us play a team from a different part of the country, (USC, UCLA, OK. ST.)
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:52 am No desire to see this game. Would love to see us play a team from a different part of the country, (USC, UCLA, OK. ST.)
Yes. Plus the annoying fans they’ll bring to Dallas
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:50 am
winwave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:10 am

The Sugar got screwed into the date and time change because the NFL has scheduled a Monday night game (Bills vs Bengals) on Jan 2nd. So they bumped the Sugar Bowl to Saturday Dec 31st 11am. LSU fans will hate that KO time should they get the invite.
They'll hate it as will every other fan base the difference is LSU's fan base will show.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:42 am If Tennessee wins out but misses the CFP, they would get the Sugar Bowl nod over LSU.
They can win out and still not make the CCG. So most likely that the loser of the SEC CCG will be the next highest ranked and get the Sugar slot.
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:59 am
greenie78 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:42 am If Tennessee wins out but misses the CFP, they would get the Sugar Bowl nod over LSU.
They can win out and still not make the CCG. So most likely that the loser of the SEC CCG will be the next highest ranked and get the Sugar slot.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Bring the Tigers on, been wanting to rub their face in the dirt. Boy if we beat them in a bowl the local sports media will begin to take note, recruiting statewide will be greatly improved for the Wave, and it would leapfrog us into conference realignment maybe the SEC? You guys need to open your thought processes and look past your nose, I want revenge on the years of abuse by the tiger fans, why do you guys want to run away like chickens with their heads cut off, unless you are scared not me!!!! Roll Wave Nation let's drown the kitty cats upriver, lol
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Let's worry about 1 game at a time. This bravado (and bold font for some unknown reason) is all meaningless unless we win this week. And next week. And November 25th. And December 3rd. I may be mistaken, but if we win this week and next, I think we can lose to Cincinnati and play them again on 12/3. But if we win out, we host on 12/3 and GameDay would be on campus.

But it all crashes and burns if we don't go 1-0 this week. That's the mantra, 1-0 this week baby. 1-0.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I love Tulane, and I know this is a forum and anything is up for discussion, so I’ll bite. LSU would slaughter us. We are good this year for sure, but so are they. I hate to say that but it’s my gut. I’d rather play a different team and fan base in a bowl.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:31 pm I love Tulane, and I know this is a forum and anything is up for discussion, so I’ll bite. LSU would slaughter us. We are good this year for sure, but so are they. I hate to say that but it’s my gut. I’d rather play a different team and fan base in a bowl.
They certainly feel they are better. One of my son's (also a Tulane grad) work colleagues attended the LSU vs Ole Miss game, where LSU came roaring back to beat the Rebs handily. He told my son that late in the game, many of the LSU fans were chanting, "We want Tulane, we want Tulane." They can have us, anytime they want to live up to their end of the last contract we had with them. Did anyone on this board hear about any such chant?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:01 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:31 pm I love Tulane, and I know this is a forum and anything is up for discussion, so I’ll bite. LSU would slaughter us. We are good this year for sure, but so are they. I hate to say that but it’s my gut. I’d rather play a different team and fan base in a bowl.
They certainly feel they are better. One of my son's (also a Tulane grad) work colleagues attended the LSU vs Ole Miss game, where LSU came roaring back to beat the Rebs handily. He told my son that late in the game, many of the LSU fans were chanting, "We want Tulane, we want Tulane." They can have us, anytime they want to live up to their end of the last contract we had with them. Did anyone on this board hear about any such chant?
Yet people come here and swear there is no rivalry. They hate us and can't stand for us to have any success and take any attention away from them. It's a rivalry.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:42 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:01 pm
Yet people come here and swear there is no rivalry. They hate us and can't stand for us to have any success and take any attention away from them. It's a rivalry.
+1, LSU hates us as much as ever. And, I believe they thank God every night Scott Cowen was Tulane’s President from 1998 to 2014. Scott Cowen, the best thing that ever happened for LSU athletics (and the worst for Tulane).