Latest bowl projection

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Greeniegb
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:31 pm I love Tulane, and I know this is a forum and anything is up for discussion, so I’ll bite. LSU would slaughter us. We are good this year for sure, but so are they. I hate to say that but it’s my gut. I’d rather play a different team and fan base in a bowl.
You have no clue that LSU would slaughter us, on a neutral field Vegas says they are 8 points better than us. Less than Kansas St. was. We can beat them!!!

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:38 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:31 pm I love Tulane, and I know this is a forum and anything is up for discussion, so I’ll bite. LSU would slaughter us. We are good this year for sure, but so are they. I hate to say that but it’s my gut. I’d rather play a different team and fan base in a bowl.
You have no clue that LSU would slaughter us, on a neutral field Vegas says they are 8 points better than us. Less than Kansas St. was. We can beat them!!!
You have no clue otherwise.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Wave755
Tsunami

Under Sagarin’s ratings system on a neutral field LSU would be about an 11 point favorite over the Wave.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:42 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:01 pm
They certainly feel they are better. One of my son's (also a Tulane grad) work colleagues attended the LSU vs Ole Miss game, where LSU came roaring back to beat the Rebs handily. He told my son that late in the game, many of the LSU fans were chanting, "We want Tulane, we want Tulane." They can have us, anytime they want to live up to their end of the last contract we had with them. Did anyone on this board hear about any such chant?
Yet people come here and swear there is no rivalry. They hate us and can't stand for us to have any success and take any attention away from them. It's a rivalry.
Exactly. We're in their heads 24/7-- a dormant but constant threat for them.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:17 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:42 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:01 pm

They certainly feel they are better. One of my son's (also a Tulane grad) work colleagues attended the LSU vs Ole Miss game, where LSU came roaring back to beat the Rebs handily. He told my son that late in the game, many of the LSU fans were chanting, "We want Tulane, we want Tulane." They can have us, anytime they want to live up to their end of the last contract we had with them. Did anyone on this board hear about any such chant?
Yet people come here and swear there is no rivalry. They hate us and can't stand for us to have any success and take any attention away from them. It's a rivalry.
+1, LSU hates us as much as ever. And, I believe they thank God every night Scott Cowen was Tulane’s President from 1998 to 2014. Scott Cowen, the best thing that ever happened for LSU athletics (and the worst for Tulane).
That's for sure, that's for dang sure.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
GreenLantern
Riptide

Each week the Athletic posts their version of what a 12-team national championship playoff would look like if it were held now. Here's this week:
What's the chance that next year at this time we will be looking back on this period as 'the good ol days'...
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dave breslin
Swell

I’m enjoying what we’ve been able to accomplish so far this season. As for lsu, there is an inferiority complex that they will never admit. They show it with chasing Alabama for respect and they are not the highest ranked academic institution in its own state. I can understand their predicament.
Greeniegb
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:19 am
Vegas odds is a good clue 8 points is not a slaughter but a close game!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:55 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:19 am
Vegas odds is a good clue 8 points is not a slaughter but a close game!!!
Tell that to Tennessee. They were an 8.5 point underdog (and most sites would suggest we would be 10-11 pt dogs to LSU) and got whalloped by Georgia. The game was never in doubt, and the final score, a 14 point defeat, was not indicative of how badly the Vols were dominated.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GrandPa is all about "tradition"..."it's only 3 hours"
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ed-playoff
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ohio St not wanting the Rose Bowl.
Looks like they may take Penn St instead.
Cotton would then get Tennessee vs G5 Champ.

Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If not Tennessee, shouldn't it be LSU? I want to play Brian Kelly and the Tiggers! Beating them would be a game changer for y'all in Louisiana, no doubt.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:22 am If not Tennessee, shouldn't it be LSU? I want to play Brian Kelly and the Tiggers! Beating them would be a game changer for y'all in Louisiana, no doubt.
If they beat UGA that wouldn’t be unreasonable. But it won’t happen with a loss. I’d play them every day of the week and twice on Sundays. However in this circumstance I’d rather not. Only because I plan on going to Tyler/Dallas and as a fan I really don’t feel like seeing Tiger fans all day everyday everywhere for a few days. I can put up with them at a game but walking the streets and getting constantly harassed is not my idea of vacation fun.
Winning would be outstanding but if that wouldn’t occur they would have a way of overshadowing our accomplishments this season.
Personally I’d rather play Penn St because of the matchup. Tenn has too much speed and LSU as well.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:41 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:22 am If not Tennessee, shouldn't it be LSU? I want to play Brian Kelly and the Tiggers! Beating them would be a game changer for y'all in Louisiana, no doubt.
If they beat UGA that wouldn’t be unreasonable. But it won’t happen with a loss. I’d play them every day of the week and twice on Sundays. However in this circumstance I’d rather not. Only because I plan on going to Tyler/Dallas and as a fan I really don’t feel like seeing Tiger fans all day everyday everywhere for a few days. I can put up with them at a game but walking the streets and getting constantly harassed is not my idea of vacation fun.
Winning would be outstanding but if that wouldn’t occur they would have a way of overshadowing our accomplishments this season.
Personally I’d rather play Penn St because of the matchup. Tenn has too much speed and LSU as well.
If they (LSU) beat Georgia, which is highly unlikely we all know, they go to the CFP. If they lose, only ESPN knows where it all lands. Ohio State and Penn State are very very close talent-wise. If you watched their game, PSU had OSU on the ropes before linebacker JT Tuilomoau took over the game like few defensive players ever have. Penn State or Ohio State would give us all we can handle, as would Tennessee. I think we could beat LSU, and I know it's a long shot, but Notre Dame would make for a nice Jan 2 feast. The game is in Arlington, I'll be in Grapevine and Southlake. I would only have to deal with obnoxious opponent fans at the game.

But let's focus on first things first.

1-0 this weekend. 1-0.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:34 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:41 am
If they (LSU) beat Georgia, which is highly unlikely we all know, they go to the CFP. If they lose, only ESPN knows where it all lands. Ohio State and Penn State are very very close talent-wise. If you watched their game, PSU had OSU on the ropes before linebacker JT Tuilomoau took over the game like few defensive players ever have. Penn State or Ohio State would give us all we can handle, as would Tennessee. I think we could beat LSU, and I know it's a long shot, but Notre Dame would make for a nice Jan 2 feast. The game is in Arlington, I'll be in Grapevine and Southlake. I would only have to deal with obnoxious opponent fans at the game.

But let's focus on first things first.

1-0 this weekend. 1-0.
No playoff for a 3 loss team. They are #11 now. No way they jump 7 spots. UGA, Mich are locks. TCU likely. Then you have one loss teams like OSU, USC and a few two loss teams.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Tennesse would be a good matchup without their all world QB. Also to the “we would be slaughtered” nonsense. Tell that to App State etc., that’s a bunch of nonsense. Currently we would be 4.5 point underdogs to Tennessee in an neutral field