UCF Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Will be at 2:30 and will be on ESPN2 or ESPNU:

Last edited by winwave on Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

The calls for ESPN College Gameday to visit Tulane are moving from message boards to Newspaper Sports Columns. He picked Purdue@Illinois for the top spot. But Tulane as runner up.

From the St. Louis Post Dispatch:
Runner-up choice: No. 25 UCF at No. 19 Tulane football

Why "College GameDay" will choose UCF at Tulane football: The show has been to New Orleans 11 times for Sugar Bowls, CFP semifinals and national championship games, but the Big Easy at a campus location would be a special event. The show has never been to a Tulane game. Also, this is one of just three games between top-25 teams in Week 11.

Why "College GameDay" won't choose UCF at Tulane football: This game could determine who plays in the AAC Championship Game, but it has little consequence for the College Football Playoff.
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college ... 0046e.html
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GameDay possible:

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pulling for UCF to beat Memphis to increase our chances for GameDay to come here. Would be our first top 25 matchup in Yulman !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This will be our third Big 12 Matchup. Let's go 1-0 to get to 3-0!
Last edited by winwave on Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Had to mute the TV trying to watch but this women on there has the most irritating voice in broadcasting brutal. Stormy should be in the booth.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Tulane1111
High Tide

15 min stoppage for an odd targeting review kills the Memphis momentum, Memphis coach then makes a head scratching 4 and 15 decision….
anEngineer
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:48 pm Had to mute the TV trying to watch but this women on there has the most irritating voice in broadcasting brutal. Stormy should be in the booth.
That duo are both idiots. She tries to make everything seem more dramatic than it is and he has some "keys to the game" that involves making stupid puns about player names.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:01 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:48 pm Had to mute the TV trying to watch but this women on there has the most irritating voice in broadcasting brutal. Stormy should be in the booth.
That duo are both idiots. She tries to make everything seem more dramatic than it is and he has some "keys to the game" that involves making stupid puns about player names.
Yes. Bottom of the barrel for the AAC games.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game will be on ESPN2 at 2:30 per an AAC tweet.
greenie78
Riptide

Ok, so this is arguably the biggest game for the Wave in several decades, if not since the 1939 season which led to the last New Year's Day game in the Sugar Bowl. Basically almost a century.
Dave breslin
Swell

Speaking of announcers—is there a radio program available? 104.1 is a recording that I’m out of their area. Where’s our station. I’ll watch the game and listen to our guys as opposed to the blabber mouths on tv. Any help? Thanks
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave- there is a Tulane app that gives the Tulane radio audio IIRC. One of our technologically inclined here can tell you how to synch it up. The good news is we will be on ESPN2 next week if you aren't at the game so the crew should be better.
Dave breslin
Swell

Thanks Win. Now let’s go get that WIN🏈👍
greenie78
Riptide

That same woman, Beth Mowins, will most likely be broadcasting our game this upcoming Saturday. I can't handle it :lol:
Bigschtick
Riptide

greenie78 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:50 am
That same woman, Beth Mowins, will most likely be broadcasting our game this upcoming Saturday. I can't handle it :lol:
Beth Mowins ROCKS!!!!! Great lady, great broadcaster !
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Go to the game problem solved.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:32 am
Beth Mowins ROCKS!!!!! Great lady, great broadcaster !
Thankfully I’ll be at this game in person. That NY screech makes my ears bleed 🩸 is all. Nothing against her otherwise.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:21 am
I wish I could, but I'm on call this upcoming weekend so I can't leave town. I'm stuck with Beth :lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:26 am
tpstulane wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:21 am

I wish I could, but I'm on call this upcoming weekend so I can't leave town. I'm stuck with Beth :lol:
Damn. Too bad. Mute her and listen to Corey.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No ESPN GameDay in Nola. They are going to Texas for the second time. BOOOOOOOO!!!
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

We better not F up against UCF because Liberty is right on our ass and it would certainly be embarrassing for “Jerry Falwell U” to make a New Year’s day Bowl instead of us!’
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They can't. Have to be a conference champ to get the G5 NY6 slot.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

FTW has suggested Tulane do its own GameDay. Great idea.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Let's win out and CGD can come here for the CCG!