Ideas: How can we Improve this Site to promote new users ?

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Clearly people can’t be left to their own devices and some form of moderation needs to occur.

Temp Bans, rules, locking threads, something.

You figure it out, but I’m out of this cluster fuck until you do something. A couple bad actors just dominated and derailed multiple threads during the most important and happy time in Tulane sports in 24 years. Think their aren’t new lurkers and fans who want to partake and don’t ?

Do something. Fuck it ban me

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thank you jts. :roll: This site was created so that no Tulane fan could be cut out of the conversation. But you don't care for the history of anything. All is to exist for your personal pleasure. :roll:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This belongs in der rat.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

winwave wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:31 pm Thank you jts. :roll: This site was created so that no Tulane fan could be cut out of the conversation. But you don't care for the history of anything. All is to exist for your personal pleasure. :roll:
You fight and diss just about everyone! Is that what this site was created for.? Can't you just give it a rest for 5 minutes? and your a mod?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not true. I post a lot of positive stuff about our team. When people address you you're going to respond. That's human nature. I'm not going to apologize for stating the facts of the situation. We had a good crowd. There's no need to lie about it though. Say we had a good crowd with almost every seat full and the crowd was into the game. That's a good thing. Insisting on sticking with an obvious lie and insulting me for being truthful about it is not the way to go. So don't call me out singularly. Call those out that stuck by the lie even after it was made obvious that it was a lie and started with the attacks. I'm not a mod.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:54 pm Clearly people can’t be left to their own devices and some form of moderation needs to occur.

You figure it out, but I’m out of this cluster fuck until you do something. A couple bad actors just dominated and derailed multiple threads during the most important and happy time in Tulane sports in 24 years. Think their aren’t new lurkers and fans who want to partake and don’t ?

Do something. Fuck it ban me
Sorry to see you go, truly.

This site has NOTHING on TigerDroppings, or any of the other hundreds of forums of schools with MASSIVE fan bases, topic counts, and topic content. We unfortunately don't have those kinds of participation numbers, and silencing someone you don't agree with or care for will not bring in the masses. If we want to be like the big boys, we're going to play like the big boys.

There are ways to not see someone's posts.
There is also the option, just as in life, to not engage in the back and forth.

This is a forum. Everyone is going to have an opinion and talk. And it's totally up to you whether to engage, ignore, block, or move on.

There is another site for exactly what you want. I won't post the link here.

I do hope to have you back. Roll Wave.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well said Steve as usual. Thanks for the site.
anEngineer
Riptide

It's just so unfortunate that some can't distinguish between opinion and fact. It's a level of intolerance that forces them to insult and berate anyone who challenges their vision of "reality". Just be thankful that you only have to deal with those people on a blog site and can choose to ignore or block them. Yes, it affects everyone else's enjoyment, but don't let them "win" and drive off people who are here because they care about Tulane Athletics.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:03 am It's just so unfortunate that some can't distinguish between opinion and fact. It's a level of intolerance that forces them to insult and berate anyone who challenges their vision of "reality". Just be thankful that you only have to deal with those people on a blog site and can choose to ignore or block them. Yes, it affects everyone else's enjoyment, but don't let them "win" and drive off people who are here because they care about Tulane Athletics.
Exactly how I feel. It’s fans expressing opinions. This is good. Not all have the same. That’s also good. It would make for a boring forum.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There is a clear difference between opinions and facts. We have people who just want to believe certain things no matter how reality differs and they insist that everyone has to say all is well all the time with Tulane athletics. it's not and it's ok to discuss those things honestly. All some do is come here to insult posters and berate the site while offering nothing of value to the site. Funny how some who do nothing but insult and berate complain about others doing it . If you don't want that don't start that.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:54 pm Clearly people can’t be left to their own devices and some form of moderation needs to occur.

Hope you change your mind. I enjoy your posts and have noticed that they have appeared with less frequency.
Greeniegb
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:19 pm

Hope you change your mind. I enjoy your posts and have noticed that they have appeared with less frequency.
Called free speech, all opinions must be heard but facts must be used to counter anyone spreading misinformation. Rule must be constructive, non-personal or attacking without attacking coaches and players. Freedom of speech does not include freedom to spread lies, that must be understood.
msdos
Swell

the kickoff countdown and twitter blocks to the right side make it hard to read longer winded posts and almost impossible when you get 2 or 3 in a reply tree.

i dont even bother on mobile anymore because the ads are so intrusive i can't read shit

other than that i think this site is good thanks to all yall for being here and offering multiple viewpoints
Bigschtick
Riptide

We have few enough fans that we don't need any driven away .
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:22 pm We have few enough fans that we don't need any driven away .
But you are wanting some posters to be driven away. And nobody is driving you away—you are threatening to walk away if you don’t get your way. 🤪
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Bigschtick
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:56 pm
Bigschtick wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:22 pm We have few enough fans that we don't need any driven away .
But you are wanting some posters to be driven away. And nobody is driving you away—you are threatening to walk away if you don’t get your way. 🤪
What the hell are you smoking dipshit?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:17 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:56 pm
What the hell are you smoking dipshit?
You're right Big, I apologize. I intended to direct my comment to BiCoastal who was pleading about censoring posters and threatening to take his ball and go home--that clearly was not you.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Dave breslin
Swell

The answer to the topic—just keep winning on the field