Tulsa Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game will be at 11 on ESPNU.
Last edited by winwave on Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

11am is brutal.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:15 pm 11am is brutal.
In Tulsa. Better to be on ESPNU at 11am than on + on Primetime.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Aegis
High Tide

Why is it brutal!
Makes it easy for my wife and I driving up from DFW? Been to most of the games in Tulsa. Tulsa fans have always treated us good. Can’t wait to go next week.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I'm assuming there's no time set yet for UCF the following week? Don't want to drop $200 on tickets and find out I can't make the game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aegis wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:27 pm
Why is it brutal!
Makes it easy for my wife and I driving up from DFW? Been to most of the games in Tulsa. Tulsa fans have always treated us good. Can’t wait to go next week.
11am Central "High Noon" on the east coast... I LMAO at the cincy coach complaining about the 11am start with SMU...sayin his players had to adust...just an fyi, U are getting ready to play in the big12...ya better get use to it
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:17 pm
Aegis wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:27 pm
Why is it brutal!
11am Central "High Noon" on the east coast... I LMAO at the cincy coach complaining about the 11am start with SMU...sayin his players had to adust...just an fyi, U are getting ready to play in the big12...ya better get use to it
He's in for a shock. Majority of the B12 plays day games. Its not the SEC.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Let's go 1-0.
Aegis
High Tide

Family going to Tulsa game. Been to three of the games played in Tulsa. Always treated good by Tulsa fans. Try to make it if you can. Easy access to stadium with no bad seating. We always meet and talk with locals who are warm and friendly.
Roll Wave!
Tulane 33
Tulsa 24
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

You are only ONE game away from this
https://renasantnation.com/episodes/geo ... s-basement
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulsa's QB and best WR got hurt in this weekend's game.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:31 pm Tulsa's QB and best WR got hurt in this weekend's game.
I remember the last time a Tulsa QB got hurt...the backup seems like he played very well agaisnt SMU
https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/t ... 27e71.html

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/t ... 99708.html
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:08 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:31 pm Tulsa's QB and best WR got hurt in this weekend's game.
I remember the last time a Tulsa QB got hurt...the backup seems likehe played very well agaisnt SMU
https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/t ... 27e71.html

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/t ... 99708.html
The QB who got hurt this time killed us last time.
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:12 pm I'm assuming there's no time set yet for UCF the following week? Don't want to drop $200 on tickets and find out I can't make the game.
ESPN is showing the UCF kickoff as for 2:30 p.m. ct.
Ruski
Swell

Anyone know why we still claim that piece of SW LA?

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tulsa is where, IMHO, Rick Dickson was at his finest in his years as the AD at Tulane. He was truly awesome in the days immediately following Devon Walker's devastating injury. It's well documented that I'm one of the foil-hatted SC/RD critics invited to take a walk across the street. But I give the man his due; he responded like a hero when it was very important that he do so. I also think the entire city of Tulsa, from what I read, put forth a response worth remembering. Those that are going to Tulsa and interacting with the locals please remember to thank them for that. And for taking RD back!

Now bring home a W.

1-0 This week.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:06 pm Anyone know why we still claim that piece of SW LA?

Yes. Rice beat ULL
Houston beat Rice
We beat Houston.
No one's beaten us since then.
Aegis
High Tide

DfromCT wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:06 pm Tulsa is where, IMHO, Rick Dickson was at his finest in his years as the AD at Tulane. He was truly awesome in the days immediately following Devon Walker's devastating injury. It's well documented that I'm one of the foil-hatted SC/RD critics invited to take a walk across the street. But I give the man his due; he responded like a hero when it was very important that he do so. I also think the entire city of Tulsa, from what I read, put forth a response worth remembering. Those that are going to Tulsa and interacting with the locals please remember to thank them for that. And for taking RD back!

Now bring home a W.

1-0 This week.

ROLL WAVE!
I was at the game when Tulsa honored Devon it was amazing. The locals truly cared about his recovery.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Was listening to Bruce Murray (TU-'85)on NFL Radio on Siriusxm. He's going to miss tomorrow's and Friday's radio shows because he's going to visit his son at Tulane. He spoke about the team being ranked and 7-1 and how he's "anxious to meet the head coach of the Green Wave, Willie Fritz." I hope he comes back and reports on air about that meeting, it's all good for the program. I also wonder if he and his son are going from New Orleans to Tulsa?

Roll Wave!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:31 am
Ruski wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:06 pm Anyone know why we still claim that piece of SW LA?

Yes. Rice beat ULL
Houston beat Rice
We beat Houston.
No one's beaten us since then.
Thanks! Was too lazy to go back and figure it out 😂
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican