Tulane Beats Memphis 38-28

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
MicMan
Swell

Pratt looking like a field general.

Bigschtick
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:54 am Pratt looking like a field general.
Until Fritz put the kibosh on that momentum in the second half.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane had an opportunity to make a BIG statement Win, against a respected Team...what we got, was a win that cast doubt on Fritz's ability to make adjustments and take advantage of the opportunity to put an opponent in the L column...did I expect Tulane to shutout Memphis...No, but I did not expect Memphis to make Tulane look like a prep school team in the 2nd half ...did I expect 35 second half points, no but I did expect a minimum of 14 with a high of 17...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:33 am We keep looking at UCF and CIN and trying to figure out the best way for us to reach the CCG, but we can't forget about Houston. Somehow, they get away without playing UCF OR CINN. Its quite possible they finish 7-1 in conf. They've got USF, SMU, Temple, ECU, and Tulsa left.

If UCF loses to CIN, they're probably out of the mix. If we were to lose to them and CIN, it would be HTN and CIN in the CCG.
Good thing we have the face-to-face tie breaker against UH.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:52 am
winwave wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:38 am
tpstulane wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:02 am
Official capacity is 27,962
This crowd was legit. I shot some video from the WFT and the crowds were larger than any I’ve seen before including GT. Like all NCAA schools Tulane uses “Tickets distributed” to record attendance. The beer and restroom lines were also the largest ever. That’s a good thing. Hopefully we get a nice crowd for UCF.

Side note:
The original Tulane stadium had a official capacity of 80,985. Yet in 1973 Tulane vs LSU record attendance was recorded as 86,598 for that game.

As we know from a poster here the stadium seats 22,660. The two decks hold 200 each. That pouts you at just over 23,000. The stadium is packed tight. So that 27,000+# is BS. I was at the GT game. There was not a single empty seat. There were yesterday. It was a great crowd. TD is just trying to promote the program but no there weren't 30,100 there yesterday. Beat Tulsa and we'll continue to fill it up. They need to do a much better job operations wise. There used to be auxiliary concession stands and those rolling beer carts. They stopped them last year. There was no reason for them not to have them yesterday. As to timing I get that they want HC in the afternoon because they know the alums that came in town want to dine out. All other games need to be at 7. it was brutally hot. Everyone was wearing the rally towels they gave out over their heads to help keep the sun off of them.
Just your opinion. Others including myself saw it different. Thought the crowd yesterday was the biggest. The concession lines upstairs surely were. As far as capacity the 27,962 is from an official document anything else is just someone else’s guess. To be clear the 30,100 only represents tickets distributed not necessarily people inside. This is how NCAA official attendance is announced.
It is my opinion based on what I saw yesterday where there were clearly empty seats which wasn't the case at the GT game. More importantly the GT game was sold out well in advance. For this game Hunter and TD had to buy tickets on the morning of the game . So fans didn't buy this one out. So like I said the GT crowd was a true sell out and the biggest actual crowd we have ever had. As to the concession lineds upstairs that's because they didn't have any of the rolling beer carts out to be used which they had all over the stadium for the GT game. The 27,962 number is from an official document from a school that has lied time and again and claims it seats 30,000. That 27k number is a capacity number that would have people both in all the Glazer seats but also inside the club would be filled too. At a football game that doesn't happen . You have to buy a ticket to get in Glazer and then you're either in your seat or inside the club . It also includes the people you could shove in the Letterman's lounge but then you can't see the field from there. So the stadium seats 22,660 for football. It has a capacity of far less than 27k for football. as the decks hold 200 each. And yesterday was the second biggest crowd in stadium history.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:33 am We keep looking at UCF and CIN and trying to figure out the best way for us to reach the CCG, but we can't forget about Houston. Somehow, they get away without playing UCF OR CINN. Its quite possible they finish 7-1 in conf. They've got USF, SMU, Temple, ECU, and Tulsa left.

If UCF loses to CIN, they're probably out of the mix. If we were to lose to them and CIN, it would be HTN and CIN in the CCG.
Houston misses them for the second season in a row. That's how our current conference scheduling goes. You miss two teams a season and you miss the same two for two seasons in a row. We are missing Temple and Navy for the second straight year. I'm glad we miss them. it strengthens our schedule and gives us a chance to really rise in the polls. It will also mean that when we win the conference championship no one can claim we backed into it, It will be clear we earned it. Plus the high ranking will get us the NY6 Bowl.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Lantern posted this on the other site:

I was at the Georgia Tech game and I'm confident that there were more bodies present than at yesterday's affair. We have a number of loyal alumni and fans who do not live in the area, may never attend a single game, yet they purchase two or more season tickets to support Tulane Athletics. Good onto them for their loyalty and yet this is a double-edged sword that assures a great number of empty seats for all games...even the big ones such as homecoming.

I wish there for a fast and simple means for those folks to 'release' their tickets back into the for-sale pool when they aren't able to attend. Of course they can post onto this forum or other social media that their tickets are available. I'm thinking of a web-based process where you either download your tickets to your phone, or check a web form that donates the tickets back to Tulane Athletics and makes them available for resale.

Yesterday in Westfeldt there was a row in section 207 that went entirely unused. Yet according to online ticketing, the entire section was sold out. I'd rather see those tickets resold or donated to high schools instead of sitting vacant.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:45 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:38 am

As we know from a poster here the stadium seats 22,660. The two decks hold 200 each. That pouts you at just over 23,000. The stadium is packed tight. So that 27,000+# is BS. I was at the GT game. There was not a single empty seat. There were yesterday. It was a great crowd. TD is just trying to promote the program but no there weren't 30,100 there yesterday. Beat Tulsa and we'll continue to fill it up. They need to do a much better job operations wise. There used to be auxiliary concession stands and those rolling beer carts. They stopped them last year. There was no reason for them not to have them yesterday. As to timing I get that they want HC in the afternoon because they know the alums that came in town want to dine out. All other games need to be at 7. it was brutally hot. Everyone was wearing the rally towels they gave out over their heads to help keep the sun off of them.
Just your opinion. Others including myself saw it different. Thought the crowd yesterday was the biggest. The concession lines upstairs surely were. As far as capacity the 27,962 is from an official document anything else is just someone else’s guess. To be clear the 30,100 only represents tickets distributed not necessarily people inside. This is how NCAA official attendance is announced.
It is my opinion based on what I saw yesterday where there were clearly empty seats which wasn't the case at the GT game. More importantly the GT game was sold out well in advance. For this game Hunter and TD had to buy tickets on the morning of the game . So fans didn't buy this one out. So like I said the GT crowd was a true sell out and the biggest actual crowd we have ever had. As to the concession lineds upstairs that's because they didn't have any of the rolling beer carts out to be used which they had all over the stadium for the GT game. The 27,962 number is from an official document from a school that has lied time and again and claims it seats 30,000. That 27k number is a capacity number that would have people both in all the Glazer seats but also inside the club would be filled too. At a football game that doesn't happen . You have to buy a ticket to get in Glazer and then you're either in your seat or inside the club . It also includes the people you could shove in the Letterman's lounge but then you can't see the field from there. So the stadium seats 22,660 for football. It has a capacity of far less than 27k for football. as the decks hold 200 each. And yesterday was the second biggest crowd in stadium history.
So they lied to the FAA?
Once again you’re presented with proof and you going to dispute. I gotcha.
There were 1000’s of empty seats for GT. Yes because of the daytime KO temps. But yesterday there were more people in the seats than GT and there were more tickets distributed. Official attendance will always be 30,100 not sure why you have to 💩 on that.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:09 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:45 pm

So they lied to the FAA?
Not what I said. I said they posted what the capacity would be if you had everybody in every seat and also in the club. That doesn't happen at a football game and you know that. But you could put people in both theoretically so they gave that out as the capacity. They also included people possibly being in the Letterman's Lounge.

See Lantern's post just above. You posted at the same time it was posted so I'm sure you missed it.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:08 pm Lantern posted this on the other site:

I was at the Georgia Tech game and I'm confident that there were more bodies present than at yesterday's affair. We have a number of loyal alumni and fans who do not live in the area, may never attend a single game, yet they purchase two or more season tickets to support Tulane Athletics. Good onto them for their loyalty and yet this is a double-edged sword that assures a great number of empty seats for all games...even the big ones such as homecoming.

I wish there for a fast and simple means for those folks to 'release' their tickets back into the for-sale pool when they aren't able to attend. Of course they can post onto this forum or other social media that their tickets are available. I'm thinking of a web-based process where you either download your tickets to your phone, or check a web form that donates the tickets back to Tulane Athletics and makes them available for resale.

Yesterday in Westfeldt there was a row in section 207 that went entirely unused. Yet according to online ticketing, the entire section was sold out. I'd rather see those tickets resold or donated to high schools instead of sitting vacant.
Once again his opinion. Everyone has one. It’s insane that your trying to further an argument based on opinions . You’re not going to change peoples minds that were in attendance yesterday. Officially it was the biggest crowd in spite of your opinion. FYI Capacity is not seats. It’s the maximum amount that something can contain.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

This picture from Twitter shows the crowd late in the 1st Qtr. There are quite a few empty seats in Westfeldt even though the online ticket purchasing showed Westfeldt sold out.

For the record, it was hot as blazes in Westfeldt. I saw a lot of folks leaving at halftime because of the brutal sun. It would have been a perfect day for an evening game. If the Georgia Tech game was hot as hell, this one was at least as hot as Purgatory.

Forget buying a beer in the Westfeldt concessions. The line was 50 people deep. It's a new and good problem to have, but on Homecoming Saturday, concessions should expect such sizable crowds.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:29 pm This picture from Twitter shows the crowd late in the 1st Qtr. There are quite a few empty seats in Westfeldt even though the online ticket purchasing showed Westfeldt sold out.

For the record, it was hot as blazes in Westfeldt. I saw a lot of folks leaving at halftime because of the brutal sun. It would have been a perfect day for an evening game. If the Georgia Tech game was hot as hell, this one was at least as hot as Purgatory.

Forget buying a beer in the Westfeldt concessions. The line was 50 people deep. It's a new and good problem to have, but on Homecoming Saturday, concessions should expect such sizable crowds.

I have a similar pic of the GT game with many empty seats because people choose to stand in the shade. There’s no way to prove either. It’s an individual opinion. Blow that pic up and look left. Officially the crowd yesterday was bigger. That’s what counts not opinions. .
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:15 pm

Once again his opinion. Everyone has one. It’s insane that your trying to further an argument based on opinions . You’re not going to change peoples minds that were in attendance yesterday. Officially it was the biggest crowd in spite of your opinion. FYI Capacity is not seats. It’s the maximum amount that something can contain.
Not just an opinion. I saw the empty seats. Lantern saw them and so did other sober viewers. TD can lie all he wants to try and make himself look like he pulled off a miracle at Tulane so he can get the hell out all he wants but the GT game is the biggest actual crowd we had. :roll: Plus there is the fact that GT was sold out well in advance but this game required our AD and MBB coach to have to buy out the seats ON THE MORNING OF THE GAME!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:44 pm

Not just an opinion. I saw the empty seats. Lantern saw them and so did other sober viewers. TD can lie all he wants to try and make himself look like he pulled off a miracle at Tulane so he can get the hell out all he wants but the GT game is the biggest actual crowd we had. :roll: Plus there is the fact that GT was sold out well in advance but this game required our AD and MBB coach to have to buy out the seats ON THE MORNING OF THE GAME!
Yes but like I said many people choose to stand in the shade and leave their seats. The man in front of me had his wife and daughter move up because of the sun. They went and sat on the sofa provided for in the Westfeld deck. Lots of people prefer to stand under the big ass fans in the shade. That argument is null.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:53 pm
Yes but like I said many people choose to stand in the shade and leave their seats. The man in front of me had his wife and daughter move up because of the sun. They went and sat on the sofa provided for in the Westfeld deck. Lots of people prefer to stand under the big ass fans in the shade. That argument is null.
Not null. Yes people stand up there. But it is closer to 100 than to hundreds. There were empty seats in every row in all sections up there..
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:15 pm Once again his opinion. Everyone has one. It’s insane that your trying to further an argument based on opinions . You’re not going to change peoples minds that were in attendance yesterday.
I really was not a participant in this argument until the quote about my statement being "his opinion". Let me say this: It was a great crowd. It was a great day and watershed moment in modern Tulane football history. However, when I looked to my left in the third quarter, an entire row was empty. The row behind it had only four people seated. The reason I remember this with such clarity is because my grandson (aged 12) wanted to move to that row because it was closer to the 50-yd line. My observation of the empty rows was not an opinion.

Were there more people at the GT game? I think so (now that's an opinion) but I'm not positive and don't particularly care.

In more positive news, my grandson (aged 12) realized quickly that he could take advantage of his age and youthful good looks to ask any number of cute coeds to pose for a picture. Oh to be young again.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:08 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 2:53 pm

Not null. Yes people stand up there. But it is closer to 100 than to hundreds. There were empty seats in every row in all sections up there..
One beer line alone had 100 I shot a video of the line. A lot of people waited awhile to get concessions and that will cause the look of empty seats. I remember the GT game rows and rows of people left to take cover from the heat. Like I said officially it’s the largest crowd ever at Yulman inspite of opinions otherwise.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It will be noted as that and if you want to support that lie that's on you. There were empty seats in every row up there and that is far from accounted for by people in the beer lines. There empty seats elsewhere in the stadium too. GT was the largest actual crowd. The seats were counted and there are 22,660 of them. Tulane admits a capacity of less than 30k and I've pointed out the foibles in the number they did pick to use. It's a tiny stadium. it just is what it is.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here’s what I accept
Official Capacity near 28,000 (You really think Tulane going to lie to the FAA?)
Record number of tickets distributed yesterday 30,100
Saw empty seats yesterday and in 2014 for GT.)see photo evidence I posted below.)
IMO the crowd yesterday seemed larger than GT to me.
That’s all.
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:16 pm It will be noted as that and if you want to support that lie that's on you. There were empty seats in every row up there and that is far from accounted for by people in the beer lines. There empty seats elsewhere in the stadium too. GT was the largest actual crowd. The seats were counted and there are 22,660 of them. Tulane admits a capacity of less than 30k and I've pointed out the foibles in the number they did pick to use. It's a tiny stadium. it just is what it is.
By far the biggest crowd, in the Westfelt, standing was many deep while all the seats were full in the lst you forget can't count seats only because of the many standing areas, inside Glazer Club, Westfelt standing plus seats around the stainless counter, 30,000 number counts standing areas Glazer and Westfelt clubs, plus plazas on each end.
Greeniegb
Swell

Tickets were sold people choose to stand out of the sun instead of sitting in direct sunlight for the game. Plus the huge fans help out on Westfelt. Many standing the whole game in Westfeldt
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:27 pm Tulane had an opportunity to make a BIG statement Win, against a respected Team...what we got, was a win that cast doubt on Fritz's ability to make adjustments and take advantage of the opportunity to put an opponent in the L column...did I expect Tulane to shutout Memphis...No, but I did not expect Memphis to make Tulane look like a prep school team in the 2nd half ...did I expect 35 second half points, no but I did expect a minimum of 14 with a high of 17...
I am with you! What Pratt did in the first half and how the COACH managed to screw it up in the second half is a sad reminder of what could have been!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:24 pm Here’s what I accept
Official Capacity near 28,000 (You really think Tulane going to lie to the FAA?)
Record number of tickets distributed yesterday 30,100
Saw empty seats yesterday and in 2014 for GT.)see photo evidence I posted below.)
IMO the crowd yesterday seemed larger than GT to me.
That’s all.
I explained that the FAA letter references capacity for the facility. The football capacity is also explained me above and clearly below 25k. The seating is 22,660. You supported the stadium so maybe you want to try and dress things up but it is what it is. Or maybe you're trying to promote TD as being a great AD so another school will take him. I support that.