2022 Basketball Preseason Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Picked 4th:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 03e16.html

Cook picked 1st team and Cross and Forbes were picked 2nd team.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

At the basketball event last night, Coach Hunter started by stating how excited he is to be playing in Devlin. He also stated that no P5 team was willing to play us there. It is probably a response to complaints of the weak home OOC schedule. Those on this site can choose to believe him or not.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:51 am At the basketball event last night, Coach Hunter started by stating how excited he is to be playing in Devlin. He also stated that no P5 team was willing to play us there. It is probably a response to complaints of the weak home OOC schedule. Those on this site can choose to believe him or not.
I believe him about Devlin. But in the past we played NC at the New Orleans arena. We should schedule up play them on the road. Why would any top 25 program want to play us at Devlin? If you’re trying to reach the next level you schedule accordingly. It’s a cop out IMO. You do 2 for 1’s if necessary. Road wins are worth much more RPI wise then trash team home wins. Weak excuse for the atrocious non-Conf schedule. Finishing 4th in this league with a terrible non-conference schedule won’t get you an NCAA at large bid.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's been claiming that but he's mostly saying other schools that wanted to play us when he took the job won't take his calls now because the team is good. As to gym its loud but so are most other college arenas . The difference is they have 3 to 4 times the number of people filling their places with their seats close to the court and so they are that much louder. But yea just keep burying your heads in the sand that Tulane doesn't need a better facility to improve the program. :roll:

Another reason Tulane can't get P5's into the gym is because they can't meet the payout those schools would require. So we end up with these piss poor OOC's. As noted above if we want those schools we have to go to the Arena and he knows that. He chose not to. And no we don't need your permission to believe him or not.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane already has the perfect Basketball Arena on campus, it is called Yulman...put a lid on it !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Probably the best shot of the night almost
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

Has anyone received basketball tickets yet? We are only 8 days away.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Was putting the games on my calendar today and noticed that we have 6:00 tip-offs for a bunch of our early season mid-week games. They've always been at 7. I don't know the reason but I think it's a mistake especially in a season where there is so much interest.