Cincy Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:42 am From Cincy
WARNING...these article are not approved for reading by forum member "Aegis."..read at your own risk

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 660899007/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 660346007/
"Fickell turned to Prater, and the highest-rated recruit in program history was ready."

Wonder if that means in Fickell's history or the entire history of the school? If the latter, then this kid is pretty good. We better be prepared.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:10 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:42 am From Cincy
WARNING...these article are not approved for reading by forum member "Aegis."..read at your own risk

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 660899007/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 660346007/
"Fickell turned to Prater, and the highest-rated recruit in program history was ready."

Wonder if that means in Fickell's history or the entire history of the school? If the latter, then this kid is pretty good. We better be prepared.
According to 247, all time. But Cincy is an old time program, I'm sure there were some stars in their recruiting classes before the rating websites popped up.
Ruski
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:21 pm Potential scenarios
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/if-t ... tid=Zxz2cZ
In that scenario, head-to-head results would be inapplicable because UCF and Houston did not play each other. The tiebreaker would be the teams’ composite average in four computer rankings — Anderson & Hester, Billingsley, Colley and Wolfe. UCF’s average this week was 20.7 and Tulane’s was 27.7, but those numbers should change significantly with the Wave’s win against SMU and the Knights’ loss to Navy.

Anyone know when this is updated?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Friday Forecast for Cincinnati KO
A 47% chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with temps in the 40’s.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad we have played our last two games in cold and windy weather.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:56 am Glad we have played our last two games in cold and windy weather.
UPDATE: Game is on ABC TV. (Others may already know this, I just found out.)

Certainly, it won't be a temperature shock for the Wave. I love how hot the team came out on a chilly and nasty Thursday evening in New Orleans. With the Conference Championship (are we regular season champs if we win?) on the line, I hope to see a fired up and ANGRY WAVE on Black Friday at noon EST. I wonder if we're restricted to wearing white as the visitors, I sure loved the black unis.

1-0 on Black Friday.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

Ruski wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:59 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:21 pm Potential scenarios
https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/if-t ... tid=Zxz2cZ
In that scenario, head-to-head results would be inapplicable because UCF and Houston did not play each other. The tiebreaker would be the teams’ composite average in four computer rankings — Anderson & Hester, Billingsley, Colley and Wolfe. UCF’s average this week was 20.7 and Tulane’s was 27.7, but those numbers should change significantly with the Wave’s win against SMU and the Knights’ loss to Navy.

Anyone know when this is updated?
They will go by tomorrow's rankings. But I think what's left out of that equation is, the composite average only applies if none of the tied teams is ranked in the CFP rankings. And they use tomorrow's rankings as a basis, and both Tulane and Cincy will be ranked.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:44 am
winwave wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:56 am Glad we have played our last two games in cold and windy weather.
UPDATE: Game is on ABC TV. (Others may already know this, I just found out.)

Certainly, it won't be a temperature shock for the Wave. I love how hot the team came out on a chilly and nasty Thursday evening in New Orleans. With the Conference Championship (are we regular season champs if we win?) on the line, I hope to see a fired up and ANGRY WAVE on Black Friday at noon EST. I wonder if we're restricted to wearing white as the visitors, I sure loved the black unis.

1-0 on Black Friday.

ROLL WAVE!
Yes we would be the regular season champs with the win.

(As to the game being on ABC that was posted on page one so everyone should be up to date).
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

See 7.4 and 7.5. That composite tiebreaker only applies if no one is ranked in the CFP rankings. Tulane will be ranked and be the highest, so any three way tie where head to head doesn't matter, we'll have the tiebreaker, because they will use the one from tomorrow, regardless of what happens later this week. They can't wait until next Tuesday to decide who and where the Saturday CCG game would be, so that's why its set up to use tomorrow's rankings.

viewtopic.php?t=13619&p=245336#p245336
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Home team dictates game uni's....at one time there was a NCAA rule that home teams had to wear dark color jerseys, not sure that rule is still "on the books" the one exception granted was lsu who wore white told they ncaa they were too poor to afford two different color jerseys....look for Tulane to be in either all white or a light blue jersey combo with white pants
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
BC Wave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:50 am The Home team dictates game uni's....at one time there was a NCAA rule that home teams had to wear dark color jerseys, not sure that rule is still "on the books" the one exception granted was lsu who wore white told they ncaa they were too poor to afford two different color jerseys....look for Tulane to be in either all white or a light blue jersey combo with white pants
I’d go with light blue jerseys and black pants.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Aegis
High Tide

Golfnut69 sucks his own golf it
HoustonWave
Tsunami

BC Wave wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:26 am
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:50 am The Home team dictates game uni's....at one time there was a NCAA rule that home teams had to wear dark color jerseys, not sure that rule is still "on the books" the one exception granted was lsu who wore white told they ncaa they were too poor to afford two different color jerseys....look for Tulane to be in either all white or a light blue jersey combo with white pants
I’d go with light blue jerseys and black pants.
I’ll be shocked if Cincy doesn’t run out in all black unis, for Black Friday. They should add a touch of class and have a price tag hanging from their waists.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

I have just been informed of some ridiculous AAC rule that if there is a 3 way tie in conference standings, the team that won on the last week gets in. That would ensure that Tulane has to win to get in. Can anyone verify this? It's a totally stupid tiebreaker if it's true.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320
Green Wave

anEngineer wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:42 pm I have just been informed of some ridiculous AAC rule that if there is a 3 way tie in conference standings, the team that won on the last week gets in. That would ensure that Tulane has to win to get in. Can anyone verify this? It's a totally stupid tiebreaker if it's true.
That is correct. In the event of a non- head to head tie where teams are ranked in the CFP, the highest ranked team that wins on the final week gets the spot. So if we lose, and UCF wins, they get the spot against Cincinnati. Also means, if CIN loses, they're out and UCF gets the spot. Basically UCF is in if they win.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:39 pm
anEngineer wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:42 pm I have just been informed of some ridiculous AAC rule that if there is a 3 way tie in conference standings, the team that won on the last week gets in. That would ensure that Tulane has to win to get in. Can anyone verify this? It's a totally stupid tiebreaker if it's true.
That is correct. In the event of a non- head to head tie where teams are ranked in the CFP, the highest ranked team that wins on the final week gets the spot. So if we lose, and UCF wins, they get the spot against Cincinnati. Also means, if CIN loses, they're out and UCF gets the spot. Basically UCF is in if they win.
Yes. UCF a lock. If we win we’ll host them again. Lose and it’s Birmingham Bowl probably
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

When were those tiebreakers adopted? Seems to me the schedule maker has a big part in the tiebreaker if a loss in the last game in effect eliminates a team. Might want to have an easy game late!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Like I've said all along just win out.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Is it true that a stairway is being constructed at Yulman to ensure the safety of Tulane’s aging fan base when we storm the field after winning the AAC championship in less than two weeks?

The neighbors are complaining because I have been practicing by storming into my back yard screaming ‘Roll Wave’ and ‘We Want Georgia’!
Forever TU
Surge

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:15 pm When were those tiebreakers adopted? Seems to me the schedule maker has a big part in the tiebreaker if a loss in the last game in effect eliminates a team. Might want to have an easy game late!
A couple of years ago.. just unfortunate for us that we are the ultimate pressure test. Anyway go 1-0 and make it all irrelevant!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:15 pm When were those tiebreakers adopted? Seems to me the schedule maker has a big part in the tiebreaker if a loss in the last game in effect eliminates a team. Might want to have an easy game late!
Its not like the schedule makers knew Tulane was going to be this good this season. If anything, they may have tried to make sure that both Cincy and UCF had easy games the final week. If anyone got the short end of it, it was Cincy.