Houston, we have a problem!!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
greenie78
Riptide

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jaxwave
Swell

Houston, THEY have a problem.
JDTulane
Riptide

Big win, in OT, on ESPN, vs known opponent leaving the conference, to end a 25 year history?

Roll mothuh fuckin wave
HoustonWave
Tsunami

What an incredible win—against a host of obstacles. We truly can beat any team left on our schedule—not that we will, but it’s possible.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
IM42lane
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:39 pm Houston, THEY have a problem.
True Dat!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
RobertM320
Green Wave

Seems like Houston has trouble filling their brand new stadium.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another sparse crowd tonight at TDECU Stadium, but the student section still showing up strong despite Cougars struggles <a href="https://t.co/gUlPcBejwj">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Justin Barbosa (@JbarbosaPxP) <a href=" 1, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Jaxwave
Swell

Horton thought he was back in Texas playoffs. Cool as a cucumber.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:04 pm Seems like Houston has trouble filling their brand new stadium.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another sparse crowd tonight at TDECU Stadium, but the student section still showing up strong despite Cougars struggles <a href="https://t.co/gUlPcBejwj">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; Justin Barbosa (@JbarbosaPxP) <a href=" 1, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
They always have. Like most of the college football world,
outside the Top 20 football factories.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:13 pm Horton thought he was back in Texas playoffs. Cool as a cucumber.
In his high school playoff days, he was usually up by 40 going into the 4Q.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:56 pm What an incredible win—against a host of obstacles. We truly can beat any team left on our schedule—not that we will, but it’s possible.
Just like I've said all along about this schedule. Come on offense and ST's.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:04 pm Seems like Houston has trouble filling their brand new stadium.

6 p.m. kickoff time hurt, many of their fans were probably stuck in Houston’s terrible traffic and just decided to go home and watch the game on tv 📺 instead. :D
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:27 am

6 p.m. kickoff time hurt, many of their fans were probably stuck in Houston’s terrible traffic and just decided to go home and watch the game on tv 📺 instead. :D
Speaking of TV, we just squeezed our big win over UH in before the ESPN and DishTV divorce that became effective this morning Oct 1. It’s getting to where the first day of each month is another frontier in trying to watch anything.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Heck, we could use that same excuse. No one bothers to come to our games because its just too hard to get into Uptown. My business was in Mid City before Katrina, and we spent 8 1/2 years after located Uptown. Couldn't wait to move it back to Mid City. No one wanted to come to Uptown, because it was too hard to get in and out of.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:19 am

Speaking of TV, we just squeezed our big win over UH in before the ESPN and DishTV divorce that became effective this morning Oct 1. It’s getting to where the first day of each month is another frontier in trying to watch anything.
H-Wave... I am ditiching the dish on Monday... I did go buy a 4G "firestick" and will be getting TV thru my internet with "Direct TV" or HULU...on of the TV's is now streaming HULU and U get ESPN+ ,,my wife has the Tech K-State game on
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:17 pm

H-Wave... I am ditiching the dish on Monday... I did go buy a 4G "firestick" and will be getting TV thru my internet with "Direct TV" or HULU...on of the TV's is now streaming HULU and U get ESPN+ ,,my wife has the Tech K-State game on
I'm probably going to do something similar Golf. After 25 years of DishTV I'm tired of their constant fallouts with seemingly everyone. They have a ton of channels, but nothing worth watching. I'm getting ESPN+ on Roku but will now look into Xfinity or some streamers like Hulu or Fabu.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Houston, we use Hulu for streaming live TV, and I pay for ESPN+ via Roku. Unfortunately, we rarely watch movies, so the Hulu, ESPN+, Disney+ package is useless for me. They should have a way to get an ESPN+/Disney+ bundle to go with Hulu TV, at a reduced rate.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Breaking News!! Don’t pull the Dish plug Golf. ESPN and DishTV make up and smoke the peace pipe. As of this evening ESPN is back up and running on DishTV. I guess they both correctly concluded that their spat was a Lose/Lose proposition.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:02 am

Breaking News!! Don’t pull the Dish plug Golf. ESPN and DishTV make up and smoke the peace pipe. As of this evening ESPN is back up and running on DishTV. I guess they both correctly concluded that their spat was a Lose/Lose proposition.
H-Wave...I recieved the email from Dish...I am going to keep HULU activated on one of the TV's... I will be close to H'town in a few weeks, have a golf event at Blackhorse GC in Cypress
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !