Houston Game Day Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It's less than 24 hours to kickoff, so some claim that makes it Game Day!

Guerry's breakdown:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 5e0a9.html

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Eye on the title:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... ef0f3.html

Willie keeps talking up Houston's talent. Guerry Smith pointed out that Houston's recruiting classes finished 8th in the AAC every year from 2019-2021. Then throw in all of the key players they have out due to injury and this game isn't about the other team having a decided talent advantage. Just win!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It has been said on yogwf that Pratt will not play tonight. Our OL once again fails.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TXWave88
Surge

He doesn't quite help himself out when he scrambles and runs either. He will never stay on the field if he runs like he does. QBs never get hit in practice. They only get hit in games. He gets BLOWN up nearly every time he runs. At least once a game i ask myself "how did he not fumble there?"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He gets hit a whole lot in the non existent pocket. This is on the OL.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We don't react we respond:

Pepper
Swell

TXWave88 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:46 pm He doesn't quite help himself out when he scrambles and runs either. He will never stay on the field if he runs like he does. QBs never get hit in practice. They only get hit in games. He gets BLOWN up nearly every time he runs. At least once a game i ask myself "how did he not fumble there?"
Agreed. Last Saturday he took way too many unnecessary shots. I applaud his toughness but damm kid please slide.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
TXWave88
Surge

Pepper wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:00 pm
TXWave88 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:46 pm He doesn't quite help himself out when he scrambles and runs either. He will never stay on the field if he runs like he does. QBs never get hit in practice. They only get hit in games. He gets BLOWN up nearly every time he runs. At least once a game i ask myself "how did he not fumble there?"
Agreed. Last Saturday he took way too many unnecessary shots. I applaud his toughness but damm kid please slide.

And the unnecessary shots seem to be big hits. Like you, i applaud him for trying to get every yard he can get, but he is more valuable taking snaps than the extra yards he gets. Definitely cannot ever question where his heart is. He leaves it all on the field.