Northwestern ( not state))

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

building a new, fan freindly, intimate stadium..not sure how the Big will react, unless N'western see it's future in the MAC
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ll-stadium

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
Riptide

That's about the right size for non-state mega schools. Watched top 25 Wake Forest play Clemson last week at home. For a top 25 match-up, there were obvious empty seats and LOTS of seats filled with people wearing orange. The trend is to go smaller and fuller for appearance and economic reasons.
MicMan
Swell

The B1G won't care about the size, only that NU scored a $480M donation. And that Nebraska, Michigan, etc., fans love to visit Chicago.
TXWave88
Surge

Take a look at the stadium....

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2 ... yan-field/

It may only seat 35K, but it will be a beauty. Maybe a little too much like a NFL stadium, but whatever. Big10 won't complain at all because the loss of 15K empty seats.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TXWave88 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:11 am Take a look at the stadium....

It may only seat 35K, but it will be a beauty. Maybe a little too much like a NFL stadium, but whatever. Big10 won't complain at all because the loss of 15K empty seats.
Wow. Really is beautiful. I’d take that in a heartbeat.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave Fan
Low Tide

anEngineer wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:19 am That's about the right size for non-state mega schools. Watched top 25 Wake Forest play Clemson last week at home. For a top 25 match-up, there were obvious empty seats and LOTS of seats filled with people wearing orange. The trend is to go smaller and fuller for appearance and economic reasons.
These days All games are on TV one way or other. Big stadiums aren't being filled anymore. Tulane may have been ahead of the times.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave Fan wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:33 am
anEngineer wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:19 am That's about the right size for non-state mega schools. Watched top 25 Wake Forest play Clemson last week at home. For a top 25 match-up, there were obvious empty seats and LOTS of seats filled with people wearing orange. The trend is to go smaller and fuller for appearance and economic reasons.
These days All games are on TV one way or other. Big stadiums aren't being filled anymore. Tulane may have been ahead of the times.
I think you’re right, Wave Fan. That said, Yulman still needs a west side upper deck just from an appearance standpoint—it looks ridiculously lopsided.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Yes but that West side should have been done better.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:55 am
I think you’re right, Wave Fan. That said, Yulman still needs a west side upper deck just from an appearance standpoint—it looks ridiculously lopsided.
Exactly
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:15 am

Exactly
the people on Audubon bitched about the westside being too tall, blocking the sun and their grass would not grow
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave Fan
Low Tide

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:28 am
tpstulane wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:15 am

Exactly
the people on Audubon bitched about the westside being too tall, blocking the sun and their grass would not grow
Tell them to move! After seeing that Northwestern picture Yulman has lots of potential, lots!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They'll remain a bottom feeder for the most part. If conferences do start kicking out schools they'll be gone.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

TXWave88 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:11 am Take a look at the stadium....

I've spent a lot of time at Northwestern, and been to several games there, and there are almost always 15K+ of empty seats in the old Ryan Stadium, except when the Ohio State fans fill it up.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana