Tulane Marketing Success

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Didn’t want this to get lost. Kudos to Jana and staff for the successful promotions and gameday experience this past week. Too bad the team couldn’t deliver.
We actually have the largest “clicks” we’ve ever had this past week on social media. The buzz was there but we got Tulane’d once again.
https://crescentcitysports.com/tulanes- ... l-victory/

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
sslatten
Low Tide

Agreed; the athletics staff did everything right in the days leading up to the game and for the game day experience; Team just failed to show up in 2nd half.
GreenLantern
Riptide

It was certainly a much better crowd than any I've seen in quite a while (maybe since the Georgia Tech game that opened Yulman). Most students stayed through the 4th quarter which was a first. If that was caused by giving away a MacBook laptop, let's do it every game.

As far as the other promotions go, let's talk $3 beer. Now I'm not much of a beer drinker and I doubt if I drink a dozen beers annually. Nevertheless, my interest was piqued with the promotion and I was curious if any additional seats were filled by the promise of cheap drinks. When I got to the stadium, I decided I would celebrate our imminent victory and 4-0 record by enjoying a $3 Miller HiLife. It's certainly not my favorite beer, and personally, I think it tastes as if it came from a horse, but I digress.

I began my search for the $3 holy grail near the entrance of the stadium (nope) and then on to the concourse at ground level below Glazer. I went to a couple of concession stands selling beer only to be told, "nope...not here...somewhere else in the stadium but I don't know where". I proceeded to ask several different Yulman employees where I should go. Not one had any idea nor were they even aware of such a promotion.

At this point, I was a man on a mission. I was going to find a damned $3 beer if I had to miss the entire game. I finally located two small booths on the west side, each with a tiny sign (about the size of a magazine cover) stating "$3 BEER THIS WAY" followed by an arrow pointing somewhere other than the kiosk that was selling the brewskis.

MORAL OF THE STORY: What kind of promotion is this? If you're peddling cheap beer, have a number of vendors, lots of signs, and let the stadium employees know about it. Know what else? I was nearly as disappointed with the Miller HiLife as I was with the outcome of the game, but I'm not emotionally recovered to a state where I can speak of that.
TURVS71
Swell

F-d up on the BIGGEST marketing promotion!!!
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TURVS71 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:08 pm F-d up on the BIGGEST marketing promotion!!!
Exactly. The casual fan came out but probably won’t come back until things change. Last night was just the perfect setup to make a run and build on the fan base potential but we didn’t show up in the 2nd half.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981